Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What role, if any, do you think copyright and licensing fees play in price differences? I imagine that if a company like Hot Toys pays Konami (or Disney, or whomever) for the right to use their copyrighted/licensed creative properties, it would contribute to a higher retail cost. Whereas, if a company produces a figure without acknowledging any copyrights at all, then it would cost less to produce it. I don't know for sure (that's why I ask), but it would seem to be a likely factor in some of the price differences. And I also assume that the more popular a license is (like Star Wars), the more it costs to acquire it.

This is all common knowledge. It doesn't change the should in what I said.

Kinda a crappy job by Hot Toys but a nice looking figure on the shelf anyway.
Pretty much.
Them rubber arms and ass are terrible but the rest looks nice.
Also, the sheath's rig is waaay too loose and has very limited articulation.
I just don't understand why they didn't include second head with movable jaw and cyborg's spine accessory...
Obviously they were cuttin' a lot of corners with this fig even tho it was a one-and-done deal.

What role, if any, do you think copyright and licensing fees play in price differences? I imagine that if a company like Hot Toys pays Konami (or Disney, or whomever) for the right to use their copyrighted/licensed creative properties, it would contribute to a higher retail cost. Whereas, if a company produces a figure without acknowledging any copyrights at all, then it would cost less to produce it. I don't know for sure (that's why I ask), but it would seem to be a likely factor in some of the price differences. And I also assume that the more popular a license is (like Star Wars), the more it costs to acquire it.

I don't think the license costs much at all or HT really even cares about that cost. How many licenses does Hot Toys have and they never made anything from it? How many more only got one or two figures? Doesn't seem like they care too much about license fees at all.

I don't think the license costs much at all or HT really even cares about that cost. How many licenses does Hot Toys have and they never made anything from it? How many more only got one or two figures? Doesn't seem like they care too much about license fees at all.

That's a great point. I guess if the cost of licensing copyrighted stuff was high enough to affect retail prices, they wouldn't just sit on licenses without producing anything with them. Hadn't thought of that.

The motorbike jacket boss is available on kg hobbies. The head sculpt looks better and the accessories look better. With an accurate pistol. I'm torn as I really want the camo version.

Are they both firejackclaw's designs?

What to do...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The motorbike jacket boss is available on kg hobbies. The head sculpt looks better and the accessories look better. With an accurate pistol. I'm torn as I really want the camo version.

Are they both firejackclaw's designs?

What to do...

I'm also liking the leather jacket one better with the same reason.
But there is only 1 room for a fake bb...

I'm also liking the leather jacket one better with the same reason.
But there is only 1 room for a fake bb...

I forget...The leather jacket vers is technically the real Big Boss right?...minus the shrapnel horn head sculpt and robo-hand.

With the normal headsculpt and both normal hands...that's actually Big Boss...I think

I forget...The leather jacket vers is technically the real Big Boss right?...minus the shrapnel horn head sculpt and robo-hand.

With the normal headsculpt and both normal hands...that's actually Big Boss...I think

You are right.
In truth, I actually want a post mgs3 BB head (or even an old bb with grey/white hair) in a BDU which will never happen.

Hello and greetings from Germany!
I'm very interested in the Ismael and Aehab Deluxe Pack, but I mainly want to assemble Big Boss.
I kinda want the Deluxe Venom Snake Parts aswell, but I'm unsure how this will work.

On the conent list it reads for both normal and deluxe: Ismael head sculpt = 1 piece
But there is no Aehab head sculpt listed. So, how does this work?
The picture for the deluxe version shows Venom Snake with his scars, ponytail an horns.

Is there an extra head for Venom or do I have to modify the Big Boss head in any way?
The ponytail is also not listed, so the head of the deluxe version is different?

I really don't know if I should get the normal or the deluxe version now.

Hello and greetings from Germany!
I'm very interested in the Ismael and Aehab Deluxe Pack, but I mainly want to assemble Big Boss.
I kinda want the Deluxe Venom Snake Parts aswell, but I'm unsure how this will work.

On the conent list it reads for both normal and deluxe: Ismael head sculpt = 1 piece
But there is no Aehab head sculpt listed. So, how does this work?
The picture for the deluxe version shows Venom Snake with his scars, ponytail an horns.

Is there an extra head for Venom or do I have to modify the Big Boss head in any way?
The ponytail is also not listed, so the head of the deluxe version is different?

I really don't know if I should get the normal or the deluxe version now.
I'm think the deluxe one is venom and the regular is the real big boss. The deluxe one does not come with two heads. I'm thinking of getting the regular one and the desguiser - so I have the better accessories for venom and just keep the ciger for the bog boss.

I found a content list of the deluxe version in chinese language at facebook, it reads:

產品清單:

亞哈頭雕 Aehab head sculpt *1
惡魔之角(長-短) demon horns(long-short) *1pair
仿生義手 bionic hands *2
幻影雪茄 p.cigar *1
“真相”照片 “truth”photos *2
伊實梅爾頭雕 Ismael head sculpt *1
機車手套手型 biker glove hands *6
機車護目鏡 biker goggles *1
LED發光夜視鏡 led light up NVG *1
WalkOne播放器 walkone player *1
WalkOne皮套 walkone casing *1
“N313”磁帶 “N313”tape *1
D-Droid D-Droid *1
D-Droid投影特效 D-Droid holographic *1
W.手槍 w.pistol *1
消音器 suppressor *1
手槍外掛模組 pistol extra module *1
公雞頭盔 chicken helmet *1
戰術小刀 combat knife *1
刀鞘 sheath *1
雪茄 cigar *1
長靴 boots *1
DD皮衣 leather jacket *1
米色褲 beige pants *1
灰色襯衣 grey tee *1
黑色腰帶 black belt *1
素體 1/6 body *1
初回預定贈送:匿蹤紙箱 1個 Preorder bounty : cardboard box *1

The picture of the deluxe version also shows the Ismael head as an extra:
LMTOYS-DEX-9__98241.1508133962.1000.1200.jpg

The deluxe version seems to have both heads included.
I also contacted kghobby to clarify this. I hope they write back soon.

Ordered the deluxe. tempted to order the disguiser as well. At these prices it's hard to pass. I must be jaded after collecting hot toys for so long

Back