Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will probably come off as an exaggeration but I swear to Batman it's not- I can't stand how many remarks I've gotten over the years from guests about The Boss. "Is that a dude or a woman?" and recently a friend came over and asked the same thing. I'm sick of it and it's not even funny anymore. :mad:

Anyone else feeling kind of down about the very low likelihood of MGS merchandise going into 2017 and beyond? Chances are looking pretty remote at this point that we'll ever get some definitive MGS1 and MGS2 figures, in any scale :monkey2

I'll even take Hot Toys Venom Snake and Quiet. Please just release something - anything - better than the PAK, Figma, Revoltech, etc efforts...

I'm happy with what i have, and luckily I don't have too much.
I might be the only one here still hoping to see characters from the series (prior to V) being announce in PAK line.

Also Meryl/Mei-Ling/Naomi in Bishoujo line.... and here I am day dreaming again.

Didn't Hot Toys tease a MGSV line of 1/6? What are the chances of that still happening?

They did, but no one can give you an answer whether they're happening or not since there's no way to tell with HT and their business model.

I have faith it will happen. But it will probably be well after anyone cares anymore and it will be the sneaking suit with abysmal articulation.

Seeing how interest in the game itself petered out within a couple a months, I'd be really surprised if it did get made. It isn't like HT hasn't had licenses they bought and never did anything with it.

Even as bad as it was, players stuck around far longer with it than V. Plus, HT RE figures are always sellers. Not RE4 Ada so much though.

Plus the did just announce Arkham Knight Batman and that came out a few months prior to MGSV.
They clearly don't care about being timely with VG based releases.

Dare I say no because Kojima's not with Konami anymore? I think I remember reading that Konami was never interested in toy licensing, which explains why we never got much from Silent Hill, Contra, Castlevania etc and the reason MGS got so many toys was because of Kojima/Shinkawa.

I'm still hoping Hot Toys follows through with the MGSV line (and by line I'm guessing Venom and Quiet). Isn't there usually a gap of a couple years after the game that the figures are released? Metal Gear Rising came out in 2013 if I remember and the HT Raiden was last year. So it's still possible even if nothing's been announced yet, right?

Sold my Medicom Snake, now I have the Boss left for sale. I'm trimming my MGS collection to only have the bare essentials. :yess:

I'm still hoping Hot Toys follows through with the MGSV line (and by line I'm guessing Venom and Quiet). Isn't there usually a gap of a couple years after the game that the figures are released? Metal Gear Rising came out in 2013 if I remember and the HT Raiden was last year. So it's still possible even if nothing's been announced yet, right?

Very possible, I think it'll happen. I don't actually recall hot toys cancelling a video game line. It may take for ever, but it'll come.

I'm more concerned with legacy MGS figures myself. But I'll pick up a (fatigues)Venom If the sculpt is nice or 100% game accurate.

There's plenty of licenses they never came through with. Prometheus and X-Men First Class for example.

And honestly, I think a V line would sell worse than MGS3.

Even if they did, Quiet will look like a guy... bank on it.

Nothing coming from First Class is strange. Maybe it's the lack of Wolverine :dunno: I know they made a Xavier...

Quiet looking like a guy will be creepy as hell. On the other hand....can you imagine what Kojima would do with it if he was still with Konami? :horror

Back