Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's bad design with the animals :lol that should not have been passed. By that point you know they didn't care.

Yep totally agree, Camp Omega was the best base from V and it wasn't even in TPP :lol

I couldn't even platinum it, although i did get them all apart from the animals one so it's not like i haven't tried or spent time playing it.

I might do at some point in the future.

You mean the imaginary animals that don't exist on the map? :lol

I think my biggest problems with V was the lack of indoor bases, coupled with the sheer hand-holding throughout the game. There was way too much room to run around outdoors, and in many instances, you could run large arcs around enemies and make use of cover so you'll never get spotted. If you happen to trigger an alert, just run as far away as you can, because the enemy solders will never follow you outside the boundaries of their assigned bases (with the sole exception of the Skulls). You can tag enemies, request supply drops for practically anything, have Quiet decimate an entire base by herself, call in air strikes.

Granted, it's a lot of fun to do all of those things, but the challenge wasn't there as opposed to the unforgiving nature of MGS 2 and 3 on higher difficulties. Even Ground Zeroes was more challenging than V, because Big Boss started off with just a tranq gun and had to procure all of his additional weapons on site.

Last edited:
Christ as much as I nagged on PW, it was fun as hell :lol

Also, since it was on a handheld it had to be less ambitious and focused on the gameplay. Something about PW has way more charm. Story is major meh though.

I think my biggest problems with V was the lack of indoor bases, coupled with the sheer hand-holding throughout the game. There was way too much room to run around outdoors, and in many instances, you could run large arcs around enemies and make use of cover so you'll never get spotted. If you happen to trigger an alert, just run as far away as you can, because the enemy solders will never follow you outside the boundaries of their assigned bases (with the sole exception of the Skulls). You can tag enemies, request supply drops for practically anything, have Quiet decimate an entire base by herself, call in air strikes.

Granted, it's a lot of fun to do all of those things, but the challenge wasn't there as opposed to the unforgiving nature of MGS 2 and 3 on higher difficulties. Even Ground Zeroes was more challenging than V, because Big Boss started off with just a tranq gun and had to procure all of his additional weapons on site.

Thank you! That all makes sense to me and now that you mention it, I agree with you. I'm still a fan of the open-world stuff but the lack of really hardcore extended infiltration is a minus.

TPP was only hard for bs at times like the skulls and a few sequences...and getting to the mission itself or figuring out stuff. Dealing with enemies wasn't even that hard. Not to mention that god damn parasite outbreak......

Quiet and the air strikes turned things into a joke however. Quiet especially. The end game for Chapter 1 was a noticeable spike in difficulty though. Also with PW you can kind of laugh at its story at least cause it is entertaining :lol and you know, portable and all did help its case. It seemed to be focused due to its hardware.

Probably a bit behind the time here, but received nendoroid Raiden

And Venom Snake, Also repainted my Plays arts figure as it looked crap all black. So painted the sneaking suite with some grey to match the game and other figures

Also recently been taking a few measures to help protect everything in my collection, so firstly tinted all the windows in the room with 5% tint which blocks 99% UV light, so left is with tint, right without

Then put some sticky back foam on my deltofs to keep most of the dust out, so far so good!

And lastly bought some poster gallery folders from Japan to store all my Japanese posters in, this way they can be kept nice and flat

Awesome ramagesss, i like what you have done with your collection! What a great idea with the weather stripping, i might give it a try. There is much thicker stuff out there, but what thickness is yours?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Yup.Agreed

Awesome ramagesss, i like what you have done with your collection! What a great idea with the weather stripping, i might give it a try. There is much thicker stuff out there, but what thickness is yours?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate! on the side where the door opens and on the top and bottom i have 4.5mm thick, and the side where the hinges are it's 3.5mm thick to allow the door to swivel open without hitting the foam, will have to wait a while to see how much if any dust can now get in

All great points guys. I think it boils down to kojima seeing all these open world games come out and wanting to put the mgs franchise in that league, not realizing that mgs is in a league of its own and one of the best game franchises of all time. I think they lost focus on what made mgs great in the first place, which is why almost every aspect of the game is a step backwards when you compare it to other triple a titles or even other mgs games. :(

Recieved a nice little box from Japan today, inside

Metal Gear Solid 3 Japanese Sealed

And then something I had never seen before

Apparently a 8 inch model kit of The End

And here's a picture they show of it all finished up, not sure if I will built mine or not

Looking it up its from a company called Asparagus Bacon (love the name!) and you can find them here
https://myfigurecollection.net/item/310217

And they also make a MGS3 snake kit to go with it
https://myfigurecollection.net/item/310231

Just cool to find something like this as I had no idea they ever made these

Back