Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone has long surpassed everything related to Kojima, not sure why you guys took so long to figure it out :dunno :lol

Koji had some other Uncharted 4 tweets too, not sure what it's all supposed to mean

Kojima's intellectual take on gaming got lost in the shuffle with MGS3. MGS3, great game, but was the first straying step in the series. This is why MGS2 should of been his end to the series, since he didn't know what the hell to do to sequel MGS2's ending.

Stumbled accross this pretty awesome tatt: image.jpeg

Kojima's intellectual take on gaming got lost in the shuffle with MGS3. MGS3, great game, but was the first straying step in the series. This is why MGS2 should of been his end to the series, since he didn't know what the hell to do to sequel MGS2's ending.
Basically my point.

You guys and your kojima hate crack me up :lol

After so many years of him just letting us down, what can you expect? Sure more of the fanbase just goes along with whatever her puts out and that's fine. But you won't see that here mostly. Most members that were super hyped about the game did a complete heel turn on their opinion on it once they played it, or just ignored it entirely afterward. Outside of initial hype, it's probably the weakest of the series with no mileage of people returning to it at all.

It's a game all about hype, nothing more. And the fan base tries to project Kojima as some sort of God who can do no wrong when they've probably only played his MGS games. I know some people here played more than that though.

The Zone of the Enders games play well, but he was only a producer. Pretty ****ing narcissistic that it's labeled "produced by Hideo Kojima." His name on the title was probably all he contributed.

I think the game is all about hype is sadly a fair comment when it comes to how it was marketed for fans of the series :(

Thankfully I was able to appreciate the gameplay, in fact it was some of the most fun I've had outside of Souls games in a looong time (excluding things like dota)

But yeah, I don't know what went on but the marketing really showed everything meaningful and just kind of left it feeling like a massive lie what we were getting. (The coming up in chapter 2 stuff after the initial credits had me thinking how can this possibly suck but it did lol)

The hate is a little ott though, he was never going to please everyone and yeah really the series should've stopped at 3 for me but the follow ups still were thoroughly enjoyable if somewhat stupid.

Also what's the issue with him and all these uc4 posts lol

My main dissapointment was story. Gameplay, while repetitive, was solid. But when it came to narrative the game was hollow and in satisfying. It raised questions and answered none. Which for a game with a story focus is devastating

I wish MGS was more like Uncharted. I'd love for those guys to take the series over. It would then finally live up to the originals

My main dissapointment was story. Gameplay, while repetitive, was solid. But when it came to narrative the game was hollow and in satisfying. It raised questions and answered none. Which for a game with a story focus is devastating

I wish MGS was more like Uncharted. I'd love for those guys to take the series over. It would then finally live up to the originals

I fully agree. The revelation of the bait and switch of Venom, only put holes in the later games's back story since you don't know what Big Boss did prior to them.

Tried to edit post and it delete it, sigh

Don't think anyone should touch metal gear again at the risk of anything like V happening again. (Generic action story wouldn't be interesting either really)

Well it's out of Kojima's hands forever. So the ones that feel like they can finally breathe in will probably be the ones praising the new set of games, while the metacritic fanbase will become the "haters."

Metal Gear Rising was fine without Kojima. The story was built like fan fiction, but it wasn't convoluted at all like anything post MGS3 was. I'll take a simple story that is cohesive than a convoluted one just for the sake of it. In terms of writing and upping the ante story wise, V is an outright failure and mocks the fanbase. "Yet again, I tricked you and you still eat it up."

He'll go on to make a new mess of a series, which Sony will make him churn out yearly. Which is fine by him, he's probably going to make more money and get more photo ops with celebs.

Say what you will about Hayter, but I never once questioned his position in the series or with fans, since he never gave me a reason to. Just look up any interaction with fans, and he goes out of his way to please them. The man does voice over work for fan projects, I mean what other actor would do that? And if you say "oh it's because he's a low guy in Hollywood blah blah" please, do me a favor and go **** yourself.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, MGS V is the most overhyped tripe I've ever played in my life :lol. But, I think after I'm done with the Uncharted series this week, I'll pick it back up again just to get the Platinum. Good lord have mercy...

Who wrote Rising? Agree it was enjoyable

If I got a simple story like uc1-3 I'd be pretty disappointed, especially along with that game play.

What's a metacritic fan? Someone who rates the game highly?

Who wrote Rising? Agree it was enjoyable

If I got a simple story like uc1-3 I'd be pretty disappointed, especially along with that game play.

What's a metacritic fan? Someone who rates the game highly?

According to wiki, Etsu Tamari wrote it. I doubt Koji had much to do with it other than attach his name to it.

And yes, Metacritic with MGS seems to be like IGN with any Call of Dooty game... rate them all high no matter what it is.

According to wiki, Etsu Tamari wrote it. I doubt Koji had much to do with it other than attach his name to it.

And yes, Metacritic with MGS seems to be like IGN with any Call of Dooty game... rate them all high no matter what it is.

Haha, man you get so aggressive towards everything Kojima, the above edit, having to add he had nothing to do with it other than attach his name :lol

I mean I'd still rate V pretty highly as a game, enjoyed the gameplay enough (something Kojima probably didn't touch other than attaching his name right :D) that I thought it was well worth my time. Shocking metal gear game though, thankfully was able to see past that and enjoy it.

Haha, man you get so aggressive towards everything Kojima, the above edit, having to add he had nothing to do with it other than attach his name :lol

I mean I'd still rate V pretty highly as a game, enjoyed the gameplay enough (something Kojima probably didn't touch other than attaching his name right :D) that I thought it was well worth my time. Shocking metal gear game though, thankfully was able to see past that and enjoy it.

Well I'm not being aggressive since you could look up MGR and see his name isn't even in the credits. His team did the ground work for the MGR prototype, but Platinum did a completely different game based on that engine.

And no, the end product of V was all Kojima's, not denying that. But as for V, have you ever seen a MGS game in the past that completely dropped off the face of planet so quickly? No news sites talk about it anymore, or here really.

Well I'm not being aggressive since you could look up MGR and see his name isn't even in the credits. His team did the ground work for the MGR prototype, but Platinum did a completely different game based on that engine.

And no, the end product of V was all Kojima's, not denying that. But as for V, have you ever seen a MGS game in the past that completely dropped off the face of planet so quickly? No news sites talk about it anymore, or here really.

There wasn't much need to mention it as no one was suggesting he did write it though?

I wasn't really being sarcastic, i don't believe Kojima implemented everything that made that game good, in fact I'd say it's probably a really good game due to the team and let down massively by Kojima. (Whether that be due to his budget/time management, or he believed that was actually a ****ing acceptable story for the series).

The bait and switch worked in MGS2, not at first though, but I believe time has been very kind to MGS2 and caused a lot of people to take a second look at it and appreciate for what it is and not for being stuck as Raiden for most of the game.

This time around, just seemed like it was a "ha ha fooled you" alienation of the fans just for the sake of it. Raiden became his own person, while Venom barely spoke and you get no insight to his psyche. He's just a puppet, and he played all the fans expectations with thinking you're someone that you're not. Maybe that would be fine if Venom wasn't so one dimensional.

He kept using the same plot devices from more successful games, and the new ones he created are just outright trash. Boss AI? Singing robots? Vocal cord parasites? There's fan fiction out there with more depth and realism than this.

Back