Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anybody tell me the quality of the Yamato Sniper Wolf Doll/Figure I have seen some pics and I think that a repaint would definitely be needed but would you guys say that is probably better than trying to do a bash on my own?

What surprises me about the Yamato Wolf is how the sculpt still holds up even today. Unlike the rest of the 1/6 Yamatos, it's well sculpted enough that a repaint will easily bring her to today's standard. I would say that every 1/6 MGS collector should get her.

22476565441_33ce0e00b6_z.jpg

22272277879_fbce16b804_z.jpg

22271406118_c221cac927_z.jpg

21836383954_7b4ded6be3_z.jpg

What surprises me about the Yamato Wolf is how the sculpt still holds up even today. Unlike the rest of the 1/6 Yamatos, it's well sculpted enough that a repaint will easily bring her to today's standard. I would say that every 1/6 MGS collector should get her.

22476565441_33ce0e00b6_z.jpg

22272277879_fbce16b804_z.jpg

22271406118_c221cac927_z.jpg

21836383954_7b4ded6be3_z.jpg

Ok I think you sold me on it, are your pics after a repaint? Looks pretty good.

I can't work with any of the Yamato stuff, just looks too cheap and toyish. Some components of the clothing are the only salvageable items if you want them to be even close to any other 1/6 figures you can buy in today's market. Like the sniper wolf jumpsuit, or Meryls trousers for example. The body, boots, hands and heads are all sub par but there not expensive to pick up so they aren't going to be great quality over all

I am trying to find a Yamato Solid Snake for the clothing but having no luck.

I have everything bar the harness

Last edited:
I am trying to find a Yamato Solid Snake for the clothing but having no luck.

You'll have to keep an eye out on Ebay, as they do pop up occasionally. I can say the clothes fit very well, and Ryan's figure is proof enough that you can create a decent custom with the Yamato suit and vest. The clothes are certainly not perfect, and you'll need to make some modifications (like dying the suit to a lighter color, and repainting the vest, if you wish). But, the Yamato clothes are the best you can hope for, especially for the price, since there aren't any other alternatives available at retail :lol.

Yeah, he has the Sean Dabbs sculpt. The Yamato head-sculpt is disposable at best.

Which reminds me, if anyone here needs a naked Yamato body with the Solid Snake head and gloves, let me know.

Back