Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I'm really interested in the Metal Gear Happy Kuji prizes. I'm on the lookout for that Venom Snake bust.

Anyone have any idea where I could get one for a reasonable price before I resort to eBay's high prices? Maybe a middle man?

See, it's your attitude about this that I don't really appreciate. I did the courteous thing and offered to accommodate to you. YOU want me to change my name, YOU are the one who is "not letting it go". I have no issue continuing on with this user profile. Let's be clear on this please.

I didn't even have to offer to change it frankly but I did and there appears to be snag somewhere...but having you stalk me after every post doesn't make me want to accelerate the process and having you flat out say that you "will not let it go" is pushing me in the other direction.

I've been using internet forums since they were a thing and I never have encountered anyone, regardless of how long they've been on the forum, ever take this much of an issue in a similarity in a username with myself or anyone else. It's almost baffling.

You are Solidus, I have the suffix "of Liberty"...there really isn't any confusion as far as I can see. If you want this changed I recommend you contact Dave and see what he can do, you can explain your motives and what I've done to try and appease you. I will not plead with the admin here for something another member wants me to do as a favor.

I think you're completely missing the point of what I've said. Besides me, a few people before jokingly called you out when they saw that you had a "Solidus" suffix in your username. Quite frankly, it is going to be annoying if there's another Solidus around, and neither of us will be sure of which person will be addressed in a conversation. Of course, I'll probably find it more annoying than you, since no one here's going to call you "Solidus of Liberty" - they'll just opt for "Solidus" as a short-form, instead.

I'm in the MGS threads everyday, so I won't have to stalk you to notice that you're around. In case your other username doesn't get approved in a timely manner, I'll shoot Dave a PM about it. Depending on when Dave's online, it usually takes a few days before you can have posting privileges.

I have to agree with Solidus of Liberty on this, not that I weigh in on this matter in any way shape or form, just an outsiders perspective, I'm not confused on who is who with the two of you, He seems to have tried to make peace and do as you asked with this matter and you do seem a bit pushy. I've had other members show up with names like skullboy and could careless, not that you have to, you can take offence to it if you like, but he seems to have tried to be accommodating.

It's not really that I'm taking offense, Skull. But, we've had huge run-ins with fake accounts in the MGS boards, and constant trolling. FSLAR, Pliss, Ryan, and all of the regulars here can tell you what I mean. It still happens from time-to-time. So, suddenly seeing someone with a similar username (who seems to be very aware of how this forum works) does raise a red flag with me. Not that I'm accusing anyone of anything, of course...

No offense, but while I know that no one here meant any ill-will by it, the tone you two are taking with the guy is bordering on incessant paranoia. The guy has shown he didn't mean anything bad by it and is even actively trying their best to get a new account.

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I'm really interested in the Metal Gear Happy Kuji prizes. I'm on the lookout for that Venom Snake bust.

Anyone have any idea where I could get one for a reasonable price before I resort to eBay's high prices? Maybe a middle man?

I saw those and I thought they looked really cool. I'm pretty interested in potentially getting the Ocelot one myself.

It's not really that I'm taking offense, Skull. But, we've had huge run-ins with fake accounts in the MGS boards, and constant trolling. FSLAR, Pliss, Ryan, and all of the regulars here can tell you what I mean. It still happens from time-to-time. So, suddenly seeing someone with a similar username (who seems to be very aware of how this forum works) does raise a red flag with me. Not that I'm accusing anyone of anything, of course...

I'm not familiar with that but I do believe you at your word, to be honest I haven't been on the forum as much as I used to be, I pop in less frequently than I used to and I don't wish to cause trouble. I see that he is a new member and kind of felt bad for him that his early interaction on the freaks has gone south a bit. I'm sure this situation will work out for the best soon, didn't mean to stick my nose where it was none of my concern:peace

No offense, but while I know that no one here meant any ill-will by it, the tone you two are taking with the guy is bordering on incessant paranoia. The guy has shown he didn't mean anything bad by it and is even actively trying their best to get a new account.

Those actually look really cool. I'm pretty interested in potentially getting the Ocelot one myself.

And I can appreciate that. But, if you've seen the **** I've seen, you'd probably have the same reservations :lol.

I'm not familiar with that but I do believe you at your word, to be honest I haven't been on the forum as much as I used to be, I pop in less frequently than I used to and I don't wish to cause trouble. I see that he is a new member and kind of felt bad for him that his early interaction on the freaks has gone south a bit. I'm sure this situation will work out for the best soon, didn't mean to stick my nose where it was none of my concern:peace

No worries man, you're one of the coolest members on the board, and I appreciate your input whenever I can have it. Believe me, I understand I might be coming off as a ******. This place can make you jaded...

Hey Solidus, hey SOL you see how I just addressed you both in the same sentence with no real confusion? Can we get back to talking about collectibles in here?

Besides we all know who the OG Solidus is so this isn't really a highlander type situation.

Yeah, and it was ****ing awful. One of the MGS threads (This one, I believe) almost had to be closed for good as a result. I think maybe, we should leave it be. It's strange he didn't check at all or didn't even know about you, but meh. Plus if he was a troll, he would have cracked long ago. All the other ones barely lasted a day
This place can make you jaded...
Yes. It can...

I saw those and I thought they looked really cool. I'm pretty interested in potentially getting the Ocelot one myself.

They both look great. I seen Ocelot for a bit cheaper than Snake but on eBay it's a little too pricey for me right now. If I can't find it for cheaper I might just have to pay up, but I thought I'd ask here first.

I've never followed Square Enix figures so I have a question for anyone who may know better. With all of the popularity/price gouging going on over the Quiet figure, is there bound to be another version out the door at some point? I noticed there's already a gold tiger and bronze version of Venom Snake, so I'm wondering if they're gonna do something like that with Quiet to keep up with the demand.

As far as I know, Square never re-releases their MGS figures anymore. They used to do it back it 2010 to 2012. But, since then, their figures have gotten a lot more limited. Quiet has the most absurd price gouging I've ever seen. I highly doubt they'll re-release it...

quiet didnt have any fatigues or alternate cannon outfits, there were just copies of vs's fatigues. im going to say no. for vs there were 4 versions, tiger, gold tiger, bronze, and splitter.

Thanks for your responses. One more thing: I noticed that there are a few auctions and such of loose figures, shipping from China. Am I safe in assuming these are fakes of inferior quality?

Thanks for your responses. One more thing: I noticed that there are a few auctions and such of loose figures, shipping from China. Am I safe in assuming these are fakes of inferior quality?

While not 100% confirmed, they are commonly referred as "alleged bootlegs". One obvious giveaway is when the seller doesn't provide the box, because the engraved serial on the PAK boxes are the hardest to replicate.

This article should shed some light on these "bootlegs":

Angels and Summer: Play Arts & Play Arts Kai Bootlegs tell-tale signs

You know... I've been wondering if bootleg PAK figures actually exist. Square doesn't exactly have a stellar track-record for quality control, and they have factories all over Asia. It could be that some sellers are distributing figures that somehow weren't packaged properly...?

You know... I've been wondering if bootleg PAK figures actually exist. Square doesn't exactly have a stellar track-record for quality control, and they have factories all over Asia. It could be that some sellers are distributing figures that somehow weren't packaged properly...?

It's probably up for debate. I used to have the Play Arts Cloud, Vincent and Sepiroth from 2005 I think, and the figures were abysmal. The boxes were faded and the figures smelt like cheap plastic, with bad paint apps to boot. It was onlt until I compared them with another set from a friend that I realized that these might just be bootlegs. They're too inferior to be a "bad batch", but who knows?

Also, a lot of folks were pointing out that Ray's Snake was a bootleg, as the paint apps were off and the bandanna cant swivel:

Back