Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've decided that going with the Medicom Snake over the HT but I'm torn as to which one to buy....The tiger stripe is so iconic...if a bit vanilla...the Snake camo is more custom-feeling but I hate the eye-patch on this sculpt....and squares looks the best but it's also the most obscure....don't even think about the Cold War ver., it's way too jokey.

They are all about the same price (save the Cold War ver., for a good reason too)....ugh so torn...

Really? I'm in all of the MGS threads everyday. In any case, it'll mean a lot to us both, just to spare the confusion. And besides, I've been "Solidus" in the MGS threads for over seven years now, and everyone knows me by that. Sorry if it sounds mean, but I don't like the idea of sharing it with someone else. There are a lot of other usernames in the series you could choose from.

So freaking happy, today I received one of those figures that has always eluded me, the 12" Konami Solid Snake MIB, I actually feel content with my very small Metal Gear collection now:yess:

It's gem of a figure, and it's built like a tank (no seriously, it's really tough). Congrats on the pickup!

Between PAK Sneaking Suit and Punished Snake which is the more "must have" figure?

Uh, there's room for only one Snake, and one Solidus?

It's gem of a figure, and it's built like a tank (no seriously, it's really tough). Congrats on the pickup!

Thanks buddy, I'm loving it myself, so happy as I've wanted it for a very long time, hunted it down on ebay in the past and never pulled the trigger for various reasons, price usually overly high being number one, but I found this one for 90 bucks MIB so that was reasonable I think. I spent the last few days watching the story from metal gear solid and metal gear solid 2 sons of liberty to refresh my memory while I waited for it to arrive, it got me hyped up for the figure even more, those story lines were genius!!!

I'm planning to do a retro review soon, I'll post it here when I get it done:)

Thanks buddy, I'm loving it myself, so happy as I've wanted it for a very long time, hunted it down on ebay in the past and never pulled the trigger for various reasons, price usually overly high being number one, but I found this one for 90 bucks MIB so that was reasonable I think. I spent the last few days watching the story from metal gear solid and metal gear solid 2 sons of liberty to refresh my memory while I waited for it to arrive, it got me hyped up for the figure even more, those story lines were genius!!!

I'm planning to do a retro review soon, I'll post it here when I get it done:)

That's a good price! I had him since 2002 and few years back I began repainting, modding, cutting and even bleaching the figure. You won't believe how much abuse this figure can take. Compared that to HT figures that breaks and crumbles in your hand, this is an engineering marvel.

If you want any modding tips I'll be happy to share them, as I don't think there's anything I don't know about the figure. Like other have said, the least you could do is a body swap and a head replacement. I've also repainted the head too see how it would turn out:

15647867305_14c935576f_c.jpg

That's a good price! I had him since 2002 and few years back I began repainting, modding, cutting and even bleaching the figure. You won't believe how much abuse this figure can take. Compared that to HT figures that breaks and crumbles in your hand, this is an engineering marvel.

If you want any modding tips I'll be happy to share them, as I don't think there's anything I don't know about the figure. Like other have said, the least you could do is a body swap and a head replacement. I've also repainted the head too see how it would turn out:

15647867305_14c935576f_c.jpg

That looks fantastic, I do like the idea of a well made figure, I hate seeing some of the stuff we have to put up with now a days, I think most recently of Raiden, a figure that if you bend the elbow as intended it will likely break:slap

Not to say I am abusive to my figures, actually I tend to baby them, most are barely posed or only posed once out of the box and just sit there for years untouched on display except for the occasional cleaning and rearranging of shelf's, still its nice to know I can pose it with worrying its going to break:lol That said I would jump on a PO if hot toys decides to make this version or the sons of liberty Solid Snake:lecture

Couple of photo's I took tonight

21625332261_81a0c3ca2e_b.jpg

21429502379_494097e2f2_b.jpg

Back