Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah suppose to look like this

IMG_20150501_192823.jpg

If the articulation of my Figma Link is any indication then we'll have plenty of options in terms of poseability. I'm pondering this pose to start with:

916d9476d96045b72266e05c0d2f31a7.jpg

~

I'm in love with Goodsmile's products. With MGS2's Snake, Silent Hill 2's Pyramid Head, and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker's Link, they have released figures from three of my favourite games - not only of that generation, but of all-time. What's more is that the quality is unmatched for that scale. I can't wait to see what Goodsmile has in store for the future.
Figma's articulation in general can work really well, and the sculpt/paint makes it even better.

I love their products too, they do it so well...but their priorities piss me off, focusing on some franchises no one really cares about and leaving the money makers in the dust. It's believed that they capitalize on what's popular, but will die out eventually, and then go to what's always popular and won't ever die later.

If it was called "Metal Gear Schoolgirls" we'd have seen a few more figures by now. :p

If the articulation of my Figma Link is any indication then we'll have plenty of options in terms of poseability. I'm pondering this pose to start with:

916d9476d96045b72266e05c0d2f31a7.jpg

~

I'm in love with Goodsmile's products. With MGS2's Snake, Silent Hill 2's Pyramid Head, and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker's Link, they have released figures from three of my favourite games - not only of that generation, but of all-time. What's more is that the quality is unmatched for that scale. I can't wait to see what Goodsmile has in store for the future.

I don't know why, this pic triggered me somehow, I wasn't planning on getting this figure, but for some reason, I want it now.

It's definitely the best MGS figure scheduled for release this year. I just hope that Goodsmile follows up with Raiden (and perhaps, even MGS 1 Snake).

wow, i didnt even realize it. i just messaged the seller, well see if he has the correct head or i want a refund. wtf.

Any word yet?

Figma's articulation in general can work really well, and the sculpt/paint makes it even better.

I love their products too, they do it so well...but their priorities piss me off, focusing on some franchises no one really cares about and leaving the money makers in the dust. It's believed that they capitalize on what's popular, but will die out eventually, and then go to what's always popular and won't ever die later.

I'm sorry I didn't get what you mean here. I'm not sure how popular berserk is, but they've released and teased the full cast there.

We know MGS is popular so isn't that a good sign? The less popular stuff is usually developed as or before it la release so they can only hope it gets popular.

I don't know why, this pic triggered me somehow, I wasn't planning on getting this figure, but for some reason, I want it now.

Because that's the definitive MGS pose, which literally no figure has been able to do before haha!
It's shaping up to be the perfect MGS figure regarding sculpt/paint/accessories -"and posability

Because that's the definitive MGS pose, which literally no figure has been able to do before haha!
It's shaping up to be the perfect MGS figure regarding sculpt/paint/accessories -"and posability

You hit the nail :lol that must be it, that pose gave me a little chill, I will be getting the figure, I don't mind that they didn't use the MGS2 model.

Well, the revol can do it, it doesn't quite touch the ear but pretty close.

Figma needs to make MGS1 snake with a pixelated head, it's a must.

getting my 1st figure, HT MGR Raiden so excited, i'm always want to make some collection since i was a kid now is the time to make my dream come true

getting my 1st figure, HT MGR Raiden so excited, i'm always want to make some collection since i was a kid now is the time to make my dream come true

Good choice there on Raiden. You should get Naked Snake as well. And also,

:welcome1:

You hit the nail :lol that must be it, that pose gave me a little chill, I will be getting the figure, I don't mind that they didn't use the MGS2 model.

Well, the revol can do it, it doesn't quite touch the ear but pretty close.

Figma needs to make MGS1 snake with a pixelated head, it's a must.

Tottaly. Thats such an epi xtra they dropped on the Nendoroid. A Stinger Missle launcher is a must for me aswell. Id love a gas mask too Snakes one was pretty cool

You've given me some nostalgia of when I got old enough to make my own money to get into collecting. Welcome to the boards :)

I'm sorry I didn't get what you mean here. I'm not sure how popular berserk is, but they've released and teased the full cast there.

We know MGS is popular so isn't that a good sign? The less popular stuff is usually developed as or before it la release so they can only hope it gets popular.
It's kinda a good sign, but not really since GSC has had so many schoolgirl releases this year, with no delays, and yet both Nendoroid and Figma Solid Snake have had delays. Even some of the more popular characters like Saber had numerous delays.

But that 'less popular' thing you said, is basically what I said.
If it was called "Metal Gear Schoolgirls" we'd have seen a few more figures by now. :p
There's probably a fan fiction of that, knowing the internet :lol

It's kinda a good sign, but not really since GSC has had so many schoolgirl releases this year, with no delays, and yet both Nendoroid and Figma Solid Snake have had delays. Even some of the more popular characters like Saber had numerous delays.

But that 'less popular' thing you said, is basically what I said.There's probably a fan fiction of that, knowing the internet :lol

Well I think the schoolgirl figures are alot more simple, so that needs less development and design.

Snake (and saber) on the other hand has lots of shading and detail, which they've said themselves is the reason for the bigger price tag. And most probably the delay, them taking more care of the release shows they know its popularity

Medicom Raiden is a very nicely detailed figure. Although, the suit restricts movement, and you'll have to keep it in a boring pose at all times :lol. But, at this point in time, I'd honestly recommend pre-ordering the Rising figure, instead.

Do post pictures when you get Gecco Big Boss, I'm interested in seeing how it turned out. I should be getting my Yamato Solid Snake and Sniper Wolf figures next week. But, the customs I have planned will have to wait until I have all of the materials in hand.

By the way:

RickR's Review of MGS...

Do post pictures when you get Gecco Big Boss, I'm interested in seeing how it turned out. I should be getting my Yamato Solid Snake and Sniper Wolf figures next week. But, the customs I have planned will have to wait until I have all of the materials in hand.

By the way:

RickR's Review of MGS...

You truly are the boy who cried Sniper Wolf.

Back