Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't own any figuarts, what i see are the kamen riders, which doesn't look bad but lack the close to the original presentation like Figma does, granted it's easier to do cartoon people than live actions, but comparing the riders, Figma looks more aesthetic, can't compare the articulation since i never played with one, but Ironman, might be good but i need to see a few more photos of them. I believe they also doing Dragonball? They have nice headsculpt however the body's abit out of proportion compare to the original design, the joints look similar to Figma. If you compare Figuarts Sailormoon vs Figma usual girl figure Figma seems to have better proportions. But the One piece looks good though so it depends on the series.

BTW i forgot about another company, Mezco, their Jojo line up has the best paint apps & sculpt, but their price are also high.

Medicos Entertainment, you're referring to their Chozou Kadou (Super Action Statue) line. I have a fairly substantial collection of them.

IMG_3387.JPG

Mezco are an American company.

Medicos Entertainment, you're referring to their Chozou Kadou (Super Action Statue) line. I have a fairly substantial collection of them.

View attachment 155661

Mezco are an American company.

yea, always got mixed up with medicom & mezco. looking at platinum i guess it's down side is the articulation on the abs, but the human figs with clothes on seems to have better looking joints, still i would rate it having better sculpt & paint job, Figmas would be 2nd, SHF & Revoltech 3rd (really depends on which series), Playarts kai the worst (bad rubber, bad joints, bad paint job & most of the time bad sculpt)

Medicos & Figma seems to have a standard quality with their figures, while Revoltech can sometimes be a hit or miss, SHF standard ok but not as aesthetic as Medicos & Figma. Again Playarts Kai can eat the dust. If McFarlane is in the picture i would rate McFarlane better than Playarts Kai minus the articulation, MGS2 was abit sloppy but it's just 1 of the less fruitful series, 1 was great for it's time.

Huh? Figma's are known for having ugly joints, the huge ball always protrudes out of the joint, other than that they're at the top of the 6" market for sure, I have a few figmas and they're immaculate as far as QC is concerned, it's one of the few lines I don't have to worry about when I order online, paint apps are always perfect and no QC issues whatsoever.

I don't own a single Figuarts though, I may buy Injustice Batman and Superman if they ever release a regular version of him, I don't like the regime Superman design.
Some Figmas suffer but not all. The Naked Snake Revoltech looks solid with its joints, and the Figma Solid Snake as well
Spoiler Spoiler:

Revoltech has the issue too honestly, I think it's a tad worse just due to the paint choices.

Spoiler Spoiler:

And Revoltech packaging sometimes has twisties...which is well, awful. Automatic lose for me. But honestly, exposed joints is something most figure lines suffer from - PAK being the worst of the ones we've talked about no doubt. Though Figma QC is either hard to miss or not there, while Revoltech I've seen some QC.
I don't own any figuarts, what i see are the kamen riders, which doesn't look bad but lack the close to the original presentation like Figma does, granted it's easier to do cartoon people than live actions, but comparing the riders, Figma looks more aesthetic, can't compare the articulation since i never played with one, but Ironman, might be good but i need to see a few more photos of them. I believe they also doing Dragonball? They have nice headsculpt however the body's abit out of proportion compare to the original design, the joints look similar to Figma. If you compare Figuarts Sailormoon vs Figma usual girl figure Figma seems to have better proportions. But the One piece looks good though so it depends on the series.

BTW i forgot about another company, Mezco, their Jojo line up has the best paint apps & sculpt, but their price are also high.

shfiguarts-goku-1.jpg
The proportions for DBZ figures are pretty accurate when you compare to the manga and anime honestly. Sometimes it's not, like Scouter Vegeta who is a little too bulky but they re-used the Super Saiyan Vegeta mold, I don't know why though. For Goku though it's pretty accurate. Though the DBZ anime was a little inconsistent with how the characters looked, some colors here and there, the measure of their hair (notably Super Saiyan 2 Gohan) so I don't blame them.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Still agree with you on other Figmas like Link though, and that Figuarts Sailor Moon is a little odd in proportion compared to Figma schoolgirls. Figuarts doesn't really seem used to making school girls and instead more so with making action heroes, like their Iron Man and Dragon Ball Z characters being very well made figures but the Sailor Moon line having issues like balance and some surprisingly bad QC at times.

btw, I've been seeing some sales on Revoltech Naked Snake. Is he worth the $20? I've considered Raiden as well.

How much?

$79 from amazon, shipped.

I know I know, but I've actually had it in mind for quite some time since I want to complete the line. But **** that variant, too much dough to pay for it to only look 5% different. I'll get Venom Snake when it hits $80 or lower.

I was going to wait longer to get the GZ version, and I've kept tabs on his prices. And seems permanently stuck around 70-80$.

Too bad you didn't act on those sales on other sites like HLJ and amiami, he was $50.

The variant...is too much, was actually cheaper long ago but yeah, screw it. idk if I'm getting GZ Snake. TPP Snake seems be selling out, surprisingly.

yeah i think the price never went down for the metallic gzbb because of how scarce he really is. hes seriously the least produced figure with no rerelease/relocated stock. i dont think his price will ever get a break. the bronze venom snake seems to have been produced more widely and is available in quantity but the gougers wont drop his price at all. good score plis, hes a solid figure that stands extremely well on his own.

I do like the look of the GZ figure, and I'm glad he's not using the bandana anymore... but he's still going by Snake...

but i thought snake was just the code name and it had a meaning behind it. they always give some sort of prefix to it too. they all have real names so i dont see the annoyance in it. please elaborate. i just see it as a code for sneaking which they all do, sliding on the ground in prone sneaking up on the target stealthily.

It's all due to his depression over the Boss. I assumed at the end of PW he was going to go by Big Boss since it seemed he was finally over her death... but nope.

I broke down and finally ordered the Ground Zeroes Big Boss, I should get it Tuesday.

tumblr_mss381j0QA1sorormo3_500.png

It's all due to his depression over the Boss. I assumed at the end of PW he was going to go by Big Boss since it seemed he was finally over her death... but nope.

More like unhealthy obsession. Even Solid Snake and Raiden didn't made such a big deal over their past. And Raiden easily had the worst.

It was fine in PW to an extent, PO as well. The Snake codename should have been dropped for Big Boss, otherwise we won't ever see the end of the Big Boss-Solid Snake comparisons. Plus he said in PW he was done with the codename. I don't know what to make of Kojima anymore with Big Boss though.

^Wow, I don't care for the PAK figure, but I have to say, that's pretty impressive.

By the way, does anyone know when Nendoroid Snake is being released? It seems like it was delayed for the longest while...

There's no assumption to be made, it's crystal clear that Big Boss already got over The Boss in PW (he outright rejects what she stood for at the end of the story while everyone was rejoicing over her).

As for the name? It just seems like Kojima likes to use "Snake" as a marketing ploy for the numerical titles.
You know, the "MGS" brand and all...

When it all comes down to it, I'm actually pretty satisfied with my old McFarlane MGS figures.

I was super interested in the upcoming MGS2 Figma Snake, but for that kinda money his lack of weapons and a functional holster is simply inexcusable. Total deal breaker.

Pretty much the only MGS figure I would absolutely lose my **** for would be a MGS3 Zombie Snake in the 6 inch format. This guy, but smaller.

16gjza9.jpg

That would be sooooooo baadass.

Also.......does anyone else hear the song "Nuclear" by Mike Oldfield in their head every time they open this thread? I do.

There's no assumption to be made, it's crystal clear that Big Boss already got over The Boss in PW (he outright rejects what she stood for at the end of the story while everyone was rejoicing over her).

As for the name? It just seems like Kojima likes to use "Snake" as a marketing ploy for the numerical titles.
You know, the "MGS" brand and all...

What about the ending of MGS 4? Big Boss was clearly, still tormented about killing The Boss. It's like he was just waiting to die so he could be buried next to her.

Back