Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got that custom today, its nice and i totally get the mgs2 vibe from it. Its not perfect obviously. ill see if i can be bothered working on it some more or keep it as it is until i decide to sell it on

DSCF9266_zps950c12b8.jpg

DSCF9267_zpsf4ad55ef.jpg

Are the pouches sculpted Kiva or fabric?
Fabric, i was surprised he had added the corset too. It needs a new body suit and ive detached the head from the neck joint as they were stuck together with glue, blue tack and some form of bandage. Other than that it feels really good

Not bad for the price man, The vest is completely wrong, but the only correct vest you can buy is camo and can't be dyed, so it'd need to be painted

Would you be able to take a closer pic of the pouches? what kinda fabric do they feel like? could do with seeing how they made the pouches for my customs

Fabric, i was surprised he had added the corset too. It needs a new body suit and ive detached the head from the neck joint as they were stuck together with glue, blue tack and some form of bandage. Other than that it feels really good

So.. I've heard the news, Revoltech is making a Solid Snake. Will he look weird like Big Boss? Probably.. but still, cheaper and better overall than PAK Solid Snake? I bet. I'm done with PAK, I'm betting on Revoltech/Good Smile Company at this point. I doubt SQEX will do anymore MGS/MGS2 figures anymore anyway.

Why are you done? I'm just asking because I was thinking about getting these. I didn't know about them before. I'm not paying over retail price, so I have to skip out on a pretty much every release so far. Is there any hint on what's upcoming besides Phantom Pain? Do you think they will do Metal Gear Solid 3? It's my favorite story of them all, but I'm bummed not that the others rose quick. I'd really want Liquid, Solid Snake, and Cyborg Ninja. MGS2 Raiden, I may get since he's not too above retail, but still a lot. I have little interest in Metal Gear Solid 4. I don't like the Cyborg Raiden.

No way Square aint done with Metal Gear PAK. Its a cash cow for them. And they havent even done half of he games yet.

MGS2 Snake is most defintly coming down the line. As well as MGS4. MGS1 im not too sure but if hey did id imagine Phyco Mantis is next

Oh so it's pretty healthy line then! I want to get that Snake or Plisken. Hopefully Ocelot will come both those Snakes. I would like the shirtless versions of Snake and Liquid, to display above Old Snake and Ocelot. When do they make announcements? I was debating on getting Miller since he's the only cheap one, but I think I'm going to stick with my most favorite characters since these are so big and expensive. Plus Peace Walker Snake is too expensive for me. I would really like Naked Snake, the Boss, Eva, and young Ocelot. I guess it's a good thing I found out about the line before then! Do you think they will make those? And what is their release schedule? And are they moving to a different scale since Ground Zeroes Snake is so tall?

Sorry for all the questions!

The announcements usually come from Kojima tweeting prototypes on his twitter. As well as Toy and game events like Toyfair or E3.
Release schedule just depends. Generally when a prototype is shown it takes 6-8 months for them to release it, unless its included in a limited edition of a game.
They've stuck to the same scale since the MGS1 figures, which is awesome. So the new BigBoss is in line with MGS1 & 2 figures.

On whats coming next, only teasers of MGSV figures have been shown. GroundZeroes is coming in the summer and the other teased figures are from the Phantom Pain which doesn't release until 2015. So unfortunately it doesn't look like anymore MGS PAK are coming this year unless there's new teasers coming very soon of previous games. So we gotta wait

Thank you so much! I saw pics of the Big Boss next too the Peace Walker figures and he bigger than them, so are those just the odd ones? That's a bummer to wait so long. I've been playing Ground Zeroes and loving it, but I'm going to wait to play Phantom Pain before paying so much on these. I already want so many that I'm not going to get from the previous games. Big Boss is my favorite character, and I'm hoping it surpasses MGS3, my all time favorite game!

Lol wait till you see the batmam arkham origins price.... I loled

Yeah, same here. Have you seen the prices for PAK Dragoon? The limited paint ver. will kill you if you look at it wrong. lol.

Most certainly will :lol

I'm fine with collecting few PAK, and hopefully Good Smile doesn't just stop at young snake on their nendoroid line.
Would be great to see Liquid and bunch of foxhound member (even as nendoroid petit/puchi)

Yeah, but I think I can live with that. I think with MGS we're lucky to get anything from the Solid Snake era. Hopefully both companies will continue making figures. Revoltech I doubt will do much, but Good Smile Company might.

Why are you done? I'm just asking because I was thinking about getting these. I didn't know about them before. I'm not paying over retail price, so I have to skip out on a pretty much every release so far. Is there any hint on what's upcoming besides Phantom Pain? Do you think they will do Metal Gear Solid 3? It's my favorite story of them all, but I'm bummed not that the others rose quick. I'd really want Liquid, Solid Snake, and Cyborg Ninja. MGS2 Raiden, I may get since he's not too above retail, but still a lot. I have little interest in Metal Gear Solid 4. I don't like the Cyborg Raiden.

Personally.. I love what SQEX can do when they are firing on all cylinders, but they just aren't that often. The MGS line has been pretty hit and miss overall. You get some amazing figures like Cyborg Ninja and Solidus Snake, where the sculpt, QC, and paint are all good. Then you get Solid and Liquid where the sculpts are good, but the QC and paint are junk. I would say like most others here, I'm being priced out. These figures shouldn't cost $100+. You can go buy a Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece figure, which has a licensed vehicle mode, diecast parts, and a higher level of engineering for half that much. It just puts things in perspective for me. MGS2 Raiden & Liquid are some of the last figures I feel I can pay $80-100 for. I have no idea what SQEX will do, they are very erratic with their choices. MGS will continue, but as to who they'll make who knows? Right they are focusing on MGSV, and I can see MGS2 Solid being made. I wouldn't say stay away from the line, if you feel the price warrants it. I have a lot of PAK figures and I like SQEX, but they seem hell bent on raising prices every quarter and it's just ridiculous. It's a very healthy line at this point, but we'll have to see how long the market will bear the constant price increases.

Well actually Liquid, Raiden and the new BB will come in slightly bigger than the older MGS1 if we are being honest

Both MGS2 Raiden and MGS1 Liquid are slightly bigger than Solid or Solidus

MGS2 Raiden is the same height as Rising Raiden pretty much

DSCF9284_zps679d69fd.jpg

DSCF9281_zpsf123124d.jpg

He's obviously no Big Boss but i think Solid is cool in his own little way <3

Somebody here just bought the game, I don't wanna mention who until he comes out here himself. :lol

Let's just say now it's not probably not the time to see his good side.

Yeah the person gave me a subtle hint on what they bought :lol

:moon

I seriously woke up today and wondered if it was a dream. Apparently not! Ohh well. At least I didn't buy it twice like someone who shall go unnamed... :monkey3

:moon

I seriously woke up today and wondered if it was a dream. Apparently not! Ohh well. At least I didn't buy it twice like someone who shall go unnamed... :monkey3

That someone somehow managed to sell his PS4 copy at a profit! Could you believe that? :banana

Back