Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone on 4chans /toy/ board is selling a PAK MGS2 Raiden for $40 shipped in the BST thread. Someone jump on that!!!. I already have him but for that price it's tempting to get a second one.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to paint the dog tags on him with an extremely fine paintbrush but it looked so bad that I had to repaint the whole chest and arms area. I'm going to have to look into those. Also thanks for the kind support guys.

Once you take the sine away it will look great! :clap And yea I with you the photos don’t help the scale; Pictures make the figures look huge when they are so small and such a pain to work on! I painted dog tags on mine using a pin head and it worked well. Also used a pin head to paint the white in his eyes then used 1 piece of my own hair to paint the black dot inside his eye. And all the small details like that make it look even better.
But still I think Rex looks a lot better with Liquid in the pilot seat!

i already took the shine off hahaha, look at the first pic compared to the last one. thanks a lot. yeah, the seat being empty was such an eyesore for me. i didnt want old snake in that seat because my rex is mgs1. i wish i could get a second so i can do the mgs4 version and make my own old snake. i really want to permanently make it mgs4 and weather it and cut off all the extra stuff as well as steal the extra antenna. i havent preordered ray yet and was thinking of just preordering them both at the same time. itd cost me $100 down and like $130 a month on flexpay from sideshow, not too taxing on the wallet. i still havent ordered a snake plissken either. the choices are killing me.

Hey guys. Not *strictly* MGS related, but using a Raiden body as a base, here is my *nearly* complete female armoured warrior figure.
Chest armour was sculpted on(And arm movement is not hindered by the new parts), all jagged fins were chopped off, magnets were installed in the shoulders to hold the cape on, and a big 20lb magnet was screwed into the base of her back to hold her to the stand for extreme posing.
I am still working on a sculpted helmet to resemble the MGS ninja head.

5E91A2B6-E68E-492F-8C84-1711174F3EAB.jpg

29C7752C-6DF2-411D-8153-0D15DC0E0CA9.jpg

258FF7DF-DA07-4ED5-BE0F-9645F815C95B.jpg

BC77DA7A-5670-4291-88D7-207F676E8245.jpg

C69C3DA2-E718-44ED-A1B2-980550886496.jpg

5CD8F9BA-792B-4856-8837-56DA1476D299.jpg

7C179BC9-CFED-4ADD-B95E-4F05952B0AEA.jpg

CB27C398-D706-4060-8F4C-E1BDDD2D5684.jpg

2FEDA526-AD14-4F22-A7BB-199F8A5618C6.jpg

1BCBAE85-FB4F-4753-B54E-D88AA701900A.jpg

i like the magnet idea. i might try it if i can figure out how to utilize it without the drilling part. i like all the work you put into it, you did a really nice job.

i like the magnet idea. i might try it if i can figure out how to utilize it without the drilling part. i like all the work you put into it, you did a really nice job.

I have been trying to think of a way to attach it without screwing it in.
I am struggling to think of a way. There is a *huge* amount of torque needed to peel the magnets apart. There is no tape that could hold at that kind of strength.
What you *could* do(If the visible magnet is the problem), is drill a larger hole(Big enough for the entire magnet to sit in), seat the magnet inside and then fill the gap back up and paint over the filler.
Otherwise, you'll have to stick to a normal stand. And remember the screw hole is probably less than 2mm across. If you added the magnet as i did and wanted to remove it again, it will leave a very small hole.

well, you could drill the magnet in as you say and if its that strong you should be able to go deeper and milliput over it. then you could paint right over it and make it look like a magnet wasnt even there. on the stand side you could use a piece of clear laminate (such as paint protection or invisishield (for cellphones)) to stick over the magnet so you dont scratch the paint. you could also use a felt sticker. that to me would be the way to go to get the job done. milliput dried is hard as a rock, the magnet wouldnt stand a chance.

Last edited:
well, you could drill the magnet in as you say and if its that strong you should be able to go deeper and milliput over it. then you could paint right over it and make it look like a magnet wasnt even there. on the stand side you could use a piece of clear laminate (such as paint protection or invisishield (for cellphones)) to stick over the magnet so you dont scratch the paint. you could also use a felt sticker. that to me would be the way to go to get the job done. milliput dried is hard as a rock, the magnet wouldnt stand a chance.

Sure.
That's kind of what i said in my previous post. Seating it in the back and filling over it.
Also, the stand i have the magnet on is wrapped in black electricians vinyl insulation tape. Which would never damaged any paintwork.
So, that seems like a perfect solution!
:hi5:

Acceptable? I wouldn't give them $100 for it with no box and 2 broken elbow pads with missing swivels. I hope it never sells. People are such douches. I'm going to offer them $55 for it right now. I want to see the justification that is thrown at me.

Thought you guys might enjoy this.

e4umu8ez.jpg

That a terrible deal for Solid Snake.

It looks bootleg too none of the colour are right and the FAMAS doesn't have the strap attached in the right place etc

Back