Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suggest if we can get ours painted, to buy some Gundam Hangars because they pretty much look very close to the Supply Route you fight REX in. I really would want the minifigs painted as well.

Haha thanks. My first time really sculpting and I'm pretty satisfied. I used Aves Apoxie Sculpt and it takes a LOT of patience to wait for it to reach the perfect consistency/cure time for general sculpting and smoothing with solvent, then fine detailing. Add on to that the time for resculpting/fixing and finally painting. I'll probably end up doing a Liquid Snake and/or Cyborg Ninja. Looking back, it might have helped to use an army man as a base skeleton instead of fully sculpting the Raiden figure from scratch. Anyway, on to some pics!

Raiden with his three blades. I'm debating on adding/sculpting the right thigh pistol holster as it wouldn't really be visible and might prevent Raiden from fitting/being able to sit next to Old Snake.
PiJMkBVl.jpg
AH2Rc0Pl.jpg

The tiny Mk.III video screen can open/close and can stand unassisted with the bendy tentacle arm extended too!
uk7EDuul.jpg
HEqh4vtl.jpg

I only have really basic skills and I appreciate all the feedback!

Nice work. Yes please show some more pics of those! Cant wait to see more lil custom figures for 3A Rex. Id make a young or octocam snake if I could..

EDIT: Thousand posts:fireworks

My post/pictures have been approved/posted by a moderator but they're on the previous page of this thread!
Congrats on the 1000 posts too!

Last edited:
I suggest if we can get ours painted, to buy some Gundam Hangars because they pretty much look very close to the Supply Route you fight REX in. I really would want the minifigs painted as well.

Yeah if i can't paint REX i definitely cant scale down and paint mini's. I used to paint warhammer when i was younger but that was along time ago. Kinda wish i'd carried on

Are the Gundam hangers the right scale?

Yeah if i can't paint REX i definitely cant scale down and paint mini's. I used to paint warhammer when i was younger but that was along time ago. Kinda wish i'd carried on

Are the Gundam hangers the right scale?

love your name glad to see alot of mgs fans on here.

Thanks krec!

I've browsed the forums for awhile but i crossed the line of no return and signed up

That's how it was with me, I've read this thread and the Resident Evil Customs thread for so long that I decided to make an account last year :duff:

img6594i.jpg

img6626w.jpg

img6631c.jpg

I thought i'd show you some of my mgs collection. These are just the ones i have displayed

I have all the original mcfarlene figures from mgs & mgs2 and the Solid Snake and Meryl Display box thing, (i wan't to call it a fishbowl box display for some reason?) all unopened and packed away in storage

I had considered getting the medi mgs3 & mgs4 figures but the mgs4 ones are way too overpriced for this quality and finish and the mgs3 ones just don't do it for me. Too small, un-detailed sculpts and finished off with
a poor paint job. The 3A Metal Boss is not great either

I have my gripes with the HT Big Boss, i wish they would have based him on the original mgs3 snake and not the 3DS but overall he's a good looking figure.

Not had any problems with the suit, I know his restriction is limited but honestly it doesn't bother me. I've been able to achieve any pose i've tried to manipulate him into

Last edited:
you have to use a photo site and then when you upload use the destination file by right clicking the pic and pasting its link into the upload box. the pics are crappy directly from your hard drive to the site. (i didnt mean these pics) yeah the original collection meddies were horrible but the collection #2 are sweet!!!!! btw i noticed you dont have any PW PAK. theres a rerelease of the sneaking suit and jungle fatigues combo for 90 bucks on entertainment earths website.

you have to use a photo site and then when you upload use the destination file by right clicking the pic and pasting its link into the upload box. the pics are crappy directly from your hard drive to the site. (i didnt mean these pics) yeah the original collection meddies were horrible but the collection #2 are sweet!!!!! btw i noticed you dont have any PW PAK. theres a rerelease of the sneaking suit and jungle fatigues combo for 90 bucks on entertainment earths website.

Ok thanks!

I don't have any PW because i didn't really like the game, or the way big boss looked so i passed. The only one i considered was master miller but i can still pick him up, i probably will at some point i just wish money grew on trees

The new PAK Liquid looks ok, not that fond of this interpretation and the sleeve rolled up looks stupid. They need to put it down he never had it rolled up. Also the pouch needs to go

The Raiden is a let down too. Don't get me wrong i'll get these figures just because they are a decent representation, but they could be far better. The hair is just completely wrong, even if it's based on the HD collections version or whatever, it's still horrendous

What are the #2 collection?

the collection #2 are the ones in the grey packages.:wave

Oh right yeah the small versions. I have a few of those, MGS3 sneaking suit Snake, MGS3 The Boss and MGS2 Solid Snake and Raiden

Personally i don't like them the paint job is insanely bad. The scuplts are ok, would be made infinitely better with a good paint app. Snake from MGS2 is so bad i cant actually look at him

Back