Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to find a way to display Rex right below my MGS1 "Coming Soon" poster
HPIM2339.jpg

I posted this over on the ThreeA board as "j17":

Hey guys! As with most of you, I'm extremely pleased with how REX turned out. Big props to ThreeA! I've been working on/sculpting scaled versions of the MKIII and Raiden.
They're not 100% accurate due to both the ridiculously small scale and my lack of previous experience but i'm happy with how they are coming along. The MKIII still needs a little more sculpting and parts attached such as wire armature it uses for hacking into REX. The MKIII I made can stand by itself on it's two "wheeled" feet and the video screen is articulated to open and close! Here are some pictures of the unpainted, unfinished works-in-progress:
n7sejpel.jpg

f8ZuNSul.jpg

fyJp3Yol.jpg

My plan is to have [SPOILER...kinda] the MKIII and Raiden both riding on either side of Old Snake just like in the game:
3o327Bql.jpg

Raiden still has lots of work left:
0SKcgm8l.jpg

No sure... maybe Spidey can tell us :D. From the few of those posters that I saw on Ebay (several years ago) it was shockingly expensive. If you're into collecting MGS posters, that's a grail piece right there.

@ J3D1_KN1GHT

What customs value did ThreeA put for your £25 charge?

(i had them mark mine at $150 because of the size)

Yeah, hopefully will move tomorrow

$50. But some guys asked for theirs to be marked $20 and it sailed through without any suspicion! :cuckoo:

The weight and the fact it's just not the greatest joint keep it from staying snapped closed.

And I noticed in Jedi Knights pic that his bottom jaw is crooked slightly on the right side, mine is on the left :dunno

I'm really not that fussy with my toys so I never even noticed.
Still looks fine to me.

It's a bit hit and miss mate. Some stuff has sailed through while other "smaller pieces" have been stopped, even proof of payment requested! Thats when ya shiz ya snickers!

Wow looks awesome..looks big tho, what's the size of that poster? :O

Thanks for the comments, guys
I'll have to check again but I think it's a B2 Poster (which is 20"x29"). The frame with white background definitely makes it look bigger.

Yup it's the only thing I have left from my MGS collection as it's an extremely rare item; along with a MGS3 poster signed by Kojima

That's awesome. I have the red Twin Snakes poster with that image.
That's an awesome poster too, congrats!

Took some pictures last night after I got batteries to try the lights. The headlights are very bright and the railgun blast is close to blinding, no wonder there is a warning label on it :lol

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

To those who are still waiting on their REX or for those who have it too. You may not realize it, but REX out of the box has his legs in the wrong position. The metal looking mudflaps that hang down under the inner leg on the joints should actually be laying across the joint, not hanging under. You need to manipulate the body and legs to make the inner joint turn forward. Kind of hard to explain, maybe I will get some photos today and put them in paint to better explain it. You also would need to do this to the joint if you want dynamic poses and also it's more game accurate.

Last edited:
Yeah people have been mentioning that about the legs they say if you don't rotate the knuckle that Rex just keeps Teetering over and it's hard to keep a serious pose

Sent from the Shell by codec.

Yeah people have been mentioning that about the legs they say if you don't rotate the knuckle that Rex just keeps Teetering over and it's hard to keep a serious pose

Sent from the Shell by codec.

Weird thing is out of the box without messing with the legs mine is very study. I almost had a panic attacking rotating the legs and some paint chips fell off of him, I imagine they came from the leg joints.

Anyone know a person that makes Dioramas?
I knew someone but they have stopped making them now. Superb they were as well!

I'd love a one like when Boss went toe to toe with Naked Snake at the end of MGS3 so my Hot Toys figures have a nice scene.

Anyone know a person that makes Dioramas?
I knew someone but they have stopped making them now. Superb they were as well!

I'd love a one like when Boss went toe to toe with Naked Snake at the end of MGS3 so my Hot Toys figures have a nice scene.

Daffodil diorama base I would buy up in a second.

This was posted in the 3A news, thanks to my 3A friend for letting me know.

Ashley answering on MGS RAY questions:
A.First, how long will it be before we can expect to see a fully painted Metal Gear Ray statue?
B.Will it have some sort of light up system[like rex], and if so, what will it be?
C.Are you planning on attending the 2013 New York Toy Fair[feb 10-13], and if so, will Ray be on display, fully painted?
D.And finally, will Metal Gear Ray be available through sideshow collectables website[like rex, which is now sold out], and if so, when will it be available for pre order?Cheers!
P.S, i check the 3AVOX facebook page EVERY day looking for an update on the production status on Ray, so if you could please answer all my questions as best as you can, that would be great.Thanks!
"mgs questions

A: I would say mid year, but its up to Konami when and where we show,
B Yes it does, its pretty nifty too !
C:No, we are not really part of that scene, which means, no one mentioned it or asked us Smiley
D:Im sure it will

Mid year, so I would assume that it would be end of the year seeing how things were with REX. I bet there will be licensing issues on the Liquid Ocelot pilot just like with Snake. The cockpit system should be the most complex thing on RAY since it opens in two different directions and it would have hydraulics in the head. The mouth would light up as well as the eyes but seeing how he added his own lights to REX’s head I’m sure there will be LEDs in other places too.

Back