Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my bad i was on some other forum but i asked the wrong name im sorry

It's cool man :lol. As it happens, I met Ray (aka. Knightslade, aka. SOLIDSNAKE) a few years ago at the MGS Peace Walker signing in New York. We had an awesome time meeting Kojima and getting his autograph.

There are a lot of other cool peeps and MGS collectors on this forum that I'd like to meet as well. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to see some of you guys at autograph events, comic conventions, or whatever else life brings.

check out these pics i found. i thought they were pretty cool.

Those are pretty cool

Yeah, not bad. I prefer Shinkawa's original artwork, but there are a lot of independent artists who have done fantastic MGS illustrations over the years.

Mentioning Shinkawa and his art, I recently picked up one of these double-sided Twin Snakes posters on Ebay (not my pics, btw). It seemed like the perfect companion for the ThreeA REX figure. I'm going to frame it and place it right above REX :horror.

$(KGrHqN,!h8E-tBqZ0uTBP-uMO(8Vg~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16Z,!)sE9swm,1DVBP-uMGnYmw~~60_12.JPG

Hey, welcome to the forum! Are you getting the retail version of REX or the ThreeA exclusive version?.

Hey thanks! I'm not sure which version am I getting, because to tell you truth, my retailer will be likely to obtain both versions. Oh, I'm in Malaysia btw, every now and then our shipments from Hong Kong arrive slightly earlier than the U.S. I guess I'm most likely to get the version that arrives first, because this Rex was teased for like an eternity already!

It's cool man :lol. As it happens, I met Ray (aka. Knightslade, aka. SOLIDSNAKE) a few years ago at the MGS Peace Walker signing in New York. We had an awesome time meeting Kojima and getting his autograph.

Lol. I was surprised Knightslade subscribed to my Youtube channel, because I only do MGS amv,and haven't done any in a while. Great gesture by him.

Mentioning Shinkawa and his art, I recently picked up one of these double-sided Twin Snakes posters on Ebay (not my pics, btw). It seemed like the perfect companion for the ThreeA REX figure. I'm going to frame it and place it right above REX.

Those are some damn fine posters man! I met Norihiko Hibino (MGS composer) and forgot to bring my copy of Twin Snakes for him to sign, as he was the cutscene composer for that game but I did got him to sign other stuff. Very polite guy in real life.

Last edited:
hey solidus, ive never been to a signing before. if you go to these events and can get me some MGS swag ill gladly pay you for it. pm me if youre interested in making some money sometime. thanks!

So, not to rapidly change the conversation, but I'm hoping with the release of the first two MGS Hot Toys figures coming up we'll start hearing about the next wave. I'd like to think Hot Toys is smart enough to realize they need to go back to MGS1 and release Solid Snake and Ninja. If the Play Arts Kai releases are anything to go by.. they are still two of the most loved designs in the franchise.

Don't get me wrong.. Rex and Ray are nice, but they don't work as well in my collection b/c I rarely like having stand alone pieces, and I don't have any 1/48 or 1/100 MGS figures to display with them. My mind at the moment is solely on 1/6 figures.

We all know HT will not produce any more 1/6 figures unless these are bought. So pre order them and buy em when they release!

Oh I'm definitely buying Naked Snake & The Boss (though I'm disappointed we aren't getting an extra Naked Snake head w/out the eye patch and bandanna). I expect Naked Snake to sell well, especially given the next canonical release is a Naked Snake game.

I want a ton of MGS figures from Hot Toys but there'll probably be another five Iron Men or Batman before we get anymore, if any :(

Oh yeah, I forgot, IM3. :monkey2

I really think Hot Toys needs to expand and subdivide. That way they have more artists and teams so that they can handle the increased workload without delay and quality compromises. The talent is out there, I don't think it would be hard to find.

Anyone of you interested in getting the first two MGS Artbooks ("The Art of Metal Gear Solid" and "The Art of Metal Gear Solid 2") by Yoji Shinkawa?
I'm looking to sell these two. Drop me a pm if you're interested.
I'd ship them to nearly all countries in the European Union and perhaps also to the US (though shipping costs would be a bit higher in that case).

does anyone know the full line of medicom udf figures??? i think i have all of them now but please let me know if i am missing anything.

20th Anniversary collection #1:
MGS4 Old Snake
MGS4 Old Snake Octocamo
MGS2 Snake
MGS2 Raiden
MGS2 snake (UK Exclusive stealth camo)
MGS2 Raiden (NYCC Exclusive stealth camo)
MGS3 snake
MGS3 snake (SDCC Exclusive stealth camo)

MGS Collection #2:
MGS3 Snake tiger stripe
MGS3 The Boss
MGS4 Vamp
MGS4 Raiden
MGS4 Old Snake "ready"
MGS4 Old Snake "ready" (SDCC Exclusive stealth octocamo)
MGS4 Old Snake Olive Drab version (UK Exclusive MGS4 box set)

the reason im asking is because i found some evidence that there was possibly a variant of MGS3 snakes tiger camo with a zombie face. i could be wrong tho. thanks for any input. :dunno

Last edited:
Yeah i saw that version apparently for sale, there was even a picture. I don't think that version ever came to fruition though.

Thanks guys! I love collecting official MGS posters and art prints - more than the action figures, to be honest. I already have several posters, but I still have yet to frame any of them :lol.

ive been seriously looking into the art myself but wont collect that til my figure collection is current. i have a lil OCD, it sucks. whats your favorite print? can you show us? thanks!

hey solidus, ive never been to a signing before. if you go to these events and can get me some MGS swag ill gladly pay you for it. pm me if youre interested in making some money sometime. thanks!

Well, it'll be more worthwhile if you can make the trip and meet Kojima in person! He should be back in NY in a few years. Extras are never easy to obtain at those signing events. But if I do manage to acquire any additional items, I usually sell them off on EBay.

I don't really have anything that I'd want to part with at the moment. Maybe except for a MGS Peace Walker flyer that advertised Kojima's signing at Best Buy in 2010. It was laser printed on regular 8 x 11 copy paper and handed out in store several hours prior to the event. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll show you some photos of it.

Last edited:
ive been seriously looking into the art myself but wont collect that til my figure collection is current. i have a lil OCD, it sucks. whats your favorite print? can you show us? thanks!

I'll have to take some photos of my entire poster collection some time. But, my favorite one (from what I currently have) is the double-sided European MGS 2 door poster. I bought it for $10 a few years ago :horror. I guess the seller was in a good mood or something to let it go for that price.

Back