Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be a missed opportunity if they can?t get Keifer Sutherland as Big boss for this film

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liquid has a British accent mate, according to his bio he spent time growing up in london. Where he was educated. Also was with the SAS in the first Gulf War.

I would of been happy with Karl too. He needs to be in another Judge Dredd movie though.

I am in two minds how this movie will turn out. We may get a resurgence in merch and 1/6 figures.

I wonder what the rest of the casting is going to be....

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

i always though he sounded australian, coz that's how bad guys speak in english (or russian). Especially in 4. if they are doing deepfake and heavy 3D, i think it should look good and won't turn out like an 00's Anime/Game adaption movie. IMO the movie should come out looking something like hybrid 3D + Live action, like the cutscenes in Ace Combat Zero.

Just because a page without any picture is boring...
MGS_SolidSnake_00B.jpg

It's because of the rights, Konami has been extremely lame regarding the licensing. There is an official revoltech mini of MGS1 Snake that came out not so long ago, but most companies gave up on buying the rights, because the game is very old and it's just not worth buying the rights.

I guess our only hope relies on Limtoys and other unofficial companies.

It's because of the rights, Konami has been extremely lame regarding the licensing. There is an official revoltech mini of MGS1 Snake that came out not so long ago, but most companies gave up on buying the rights, because the game is very old and it's just not worth buying the rights.

I guess our only hope relies on Limtoys and other unofficial companies.

I remember someone here said Konami were only approving statues and small Merch years ago. And honestly it?s been accurate thus far. I highly doubt it?s because of lack of interest on toy companies side.

I actually know for a fact Mezco wanted and tried to get the MGS license ... it?s all Konami

Konami is pretty weird with the licensing rights for this series. Seems like the standard procedure is that they'll give any company the permission to make one (or a few) figures, and then deny them the chance to release other characters. A more recent example of this was in 2018, when Gecco posted on their Facebook page that they were attempting to obtain permission for a MGS 1 Snake statue to complement their Gray Fox release. But, there hasn't been any news of it since.

Konami is pretty weird with the licensing rights for this series. Seems like the standard procedure is that they'll give any company the permission to make one (or a few) figures, and then deny them the chance to release other characters. A more recent example of this was in 2018, when Gecco posted on their Facebook page that they were attempting to obtain permission for a MGS 1 Snake statue to complement their Gray Fox release. But, there hasn't been any news of it since.

I?m somewhat happy to hear that. I thought maybe they lost the license. Grey Fox was announced when Kojima was still employed...

I really hope it happens. Grey Fox was sculpted by ***e Yuta. He?s the guy who perhaps made the best MGS merchandise ever imo. The Shinkawa style garage kits

cn8tgjxbs7uj.png

Okay, I finally relented and gave Metal Gear Survive a go. I gave it a wide birth due to reviews and the always online concept, but after plowing so many hours into Conan Exiles offline, I figured for $9 i'd pick it up.

Absolutely loving it. What was peoples major beef with this game?
(Only just hit the Africa section, please no spoilers)

Okay, I finally relented and gave Metal Gear Survive a go. I gave it a wide birth due to reviews and the always online concept, but after plowing so many hours into Conan Exiles offline, I figured for $9 i'd pick it up.

Absolutely loving it. What was peoples major beef with this game?
(Only just hit the Africa section, please no spoilers)

Haven't played it, but it seems it was crucified by fans because it got caught in the middle of the Konami-Kojima divorce. When there's a strong backlash for something, it's much easier to jump on the bandwagon and feel like you were wronged rather than judge something by its' own merits. Something similar happened with the Last of Us II this year.

Haven't played it, but it seems it was crucified by fans because it got caught in the middle of the Konami-Kojima divorce. When there's a strong backlash for something, it's much easier to jump on the bandwagon and feel like you were wronged rather than judge something by its' own merits. Something similar happened with the Last of Us II this year.

The last of us 2 is something more complicated imo. I dislike the game as a sequel but think it?s ?good? as a game. Probably give it a 7/10. But I certainly don?t think it?s a game deserving the status of ?masterpiece?.

If anyone is looking for a Hot Toys The Boss or a custom Tiger Stripe HT Naked Snake in the US, PM me.

Are you downsizing your collection or shifting toward collecting something else?
I have been selling off some of my 1/6 figures to get more display space but also POed another statue (XM Cap) :duh

ps. Happy New Year guys. Stay safe.

Back