Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Solidus (and welcome back from the grave. The Sorter editions are the holy grail of MGS2 collectibles and the tracks included in the discs are exclusive mixed by Norihiko Hibino. They're only slightly less rare than a bigfoot sighting.

Thanks buddy, my hands were literally shaking, and my mouth went completely dry when I was taking it out of the packaging. I'm already planning to display it with a sweet Hibino signed Peace Walker figure that a good friend here (you know who I'm talking about!) sent me a few years ago :hi5:

Congrats, you had no idea what i had to do just to find the the OST and soundtrack also. I had them but due to hard drive failure had to find them online, no monumental task at all, had to search japanese servers to get them, but to see the source audio discs is just amazing, hearing Gregson Williams play the MGS2 Theme as solidus walks through the bridge was epic!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, you had no idea what i had to do just to find the the OST and soundtrack also. I had them but due to hard drive failure had to find them online, no monumental task at all, had to search japanese servers to get them, but to see the source audio discs is just amazing, hearing Gregson Williams play the MGS2 Theme as solidus walks through the bridge was epic!!

Thanks! :duff

That reminds me, a few years ago, I downloaded the lossless MGS soundtracks from an old MEGA link (I'm not sure if it's still around, though). The music in MGS 2 is just spectacular. Perhaps the best in series, in my humble opinion.

Finally! got my 1/12 Aehab, but its missing a pouch which, now that I've seen can't be unseen :thud:

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 4.45.41 pm.jpg

Thanks! :duff

That reminds me, a few years ago, I downloaded the lossless MGS soundtracks from an old MEGA link (I'm not sure if it's still around, though). The music in MGS 2 is just spectacular. Perhaps the best in series, in my humble opinion.

MGS2 soundtrack was the first time i ever got addicted to an OST, everyone from dead cell had a theme from vamp, fortune, solidus, it advanced the boss fights to another level, mind you i always played my games on a home theater back then, but you had no idea how many times i played Zone of Enders just to hear the intro of Snake walking off the bridge on the MGS2 demo! From Olga?s theme, Ray jumping off the tanker, The helicopters flying over The Shell, Fortunes engagement, Solidus intro, Anytime we saw vamp, other than playing with Raiden it was the first time i wanted to buy and Ost and was hooked on the cinematic game experience, thinking about it now, MGS2 was ahead of its time.

Though my biggest pet peeve was the fact we never got accurate action figures from
this franchise but still...

Finally! got my 1/12 Aehab, but its missing a pouch which, now that I've seen can't be unseen :thud:

View attachment 495429

Thank you for the support and sorry for the inconvenience, please contact the retailer you bought it from and detail exactly what's missing (you can use that photo) and a replacement piece will be arranged to be sent out to you.

Whilst I eagerly await my Order of A++ & S++ from KGToys. I decided would be great to make an Articulated DD to greet him once they Land.

zzzDDMGS.jpgzzzddmgs9.jpgzzzddmgs4.jpgzzzmgsd-d6.jpg

Also Started work on making a APE T41LV

Converting a 1/10 RC Jeep.

zzzmgsapewip7.jpgzzzmgsapewip4.jpg

Thank you for the support and sorry for the inconvenience, please contact the retailer you bought it from and detail exactly what's missing (you can use that photo) and a replacement piece will be arranged to be sent out to you.

Already contacted KGHobby about it, other than the missing part its pretty awesome think i might even like it better than the 1/6 ver, that is until the stealth suit comes out.

MGS2 soundtrack was the first time i ever got addicted to an OST, everyone from dead cell had a theme from vamp, fortune, solidus, it advanced the boss fights to another level, mind you i always played my games on a home theater back then, but you had no idea how many times i played Zone of Enders just to hear the intro of Snake walking off the bridge on the MGS2 demo! From Olga?s theme, Ray jumping off the tanker, The helicopters flying over The Shell, Fortunes engagement, Solidus intro, Anytime we saw vamp, other than playing with Raiden it was the first time i wanted to buy and Ost and was hooked on the cinematic game experience, thinking about it now, MGS2 was ahead of its time.

Though my biggest pet peeve was the fact we never got accurate action figures from

To this day, I'm still blown away by what Norihiko Hibino, the Konami composers, and Harry Gregson-Williams were able to accomplish with this game. It was truly the first time I witnessed a video game that sounded like a cinematic movie. Granted, I was playing on a 19" tube television in 2002, but even that was a spectacular experience.

And I hear ya about the figures! But, I think over the years, I've grown content with just the McFarlane MGS 2 figs LOL. 1/6 figures (or a similarly sized statues) would've been really nice to have, though.

I'm currently selling all my figures but I had pre-ordered several of these limtoys 1/12 figures a year and a half ago, I had totally forgotten about it. I think I will keep those 1/12 though. Limtoys has been my favorite brand for a while now, ever since their first MGSV figure.
I actually pre-ordered like 3 S++ (as I plan to offer two to two friends of mine who are fans of the game like me) & the rest of the other ones.

It looks like Limtoys have surpassed themselves yet again, I loved all the details & attention they put in those figures, can't wait to see how it looks like in person. They did a fantastic job on the 1/6 scale. My only real problem with them was the body they used. I had replaced the Big Boss (with leather coat) body with a Phicen. I hope it's not too bad with the 1/12 one.
I saw that Phicen was making 1/12 bodies as well now, I wonder if it would be possible to switch the body on this 1/12 Aehab. The swap was easy with Big Boss (leather coat) on the 1/6 scale, but I didn't want to try it on Venom.

I hope Limtoys will continue the 1/12 MGSV line as well as the 1/6 line. They are the only brand to do justice to MGSV, I'm absolutely blown away by their level of attention. In the Twin Pack, you had the two real life size photos Venom has on the hospital mission. Those Limtoys guys are true fans and true artists.

I also hope they will be able to release figures from other Metal Gear games, and other videos games. I know they are doing RDR2 and Last of Us 2, but the character designs of those games isn't as good as MGSV.
They could also do characters from movies.

Limtoys are just doing it better than anybody else on the market as of now. Better than Hot Toys & Mezco. They are much more accurate. Only downside is the body they use.

I completely gave up on Mezco One 12 a while ago. It was my favorite 1/12 line, they had a fantastic start, and they completely blew it with very weird artistic choices & choice of material. I don't understand why they want to give their own vision of the Batman Universe. It sucks. And they use more & more plastic & rubber & weird stuff. It wasn't the deal. Only figure they plan on releasing that looks really interesting is the Predator. But I'm afraid the product won't look as nice as the prototype.

Limtoys, on the other hand, stay 100% accurate to the original material, and the final product looks exactly like the prototype. I love this brand, I wish them all the success they deserve.

Same here. I had a crappy TV with my PS2 (it's a black and white one!) but our stereo kicked ass so that kinda makes up for it and boy was the audio in MGS2 incredible. Not just the music, sound and voice acting but how it was mixed together to create that lively soundstage that only high end audio could produce. I also loved that most of the music took advantage of stereo, such as the main menu where the you could hear a riff constantly moving left and right.

To this day, I'm still blown away by what Norihiko Hibino, the Konami composers, and Harry Gregson-Williams were able to accomplish with this game. It was truly the first time I witnessed a video game that sounded like a cinematic movie. Granted, I was playing on a 19" tube television in 2002, but even that was a spectacular experience.

And I hear ya about the figures! But, I think over the years, I've grown content with just the McFarlane MGS 2 figs LOL. 1/6 figures (or a similarly sized statues) would've been really nice to have, though.

Here's something that will blow your mind. Didju know that the composer for MGS1's cutscenes, Gigi Meroni FINALLY released most of the custscne music after over 20 years? I've always wanted to hear the cutscene music but it was never released.

And yes, he made them available for free on FLAC too. I guess the copyright must have expired since there's no way to give this out for free without landing in hot water (or Alaskan permafrost if you will).

I'm currently selling all my figures but I had pre-ordered several of these limtoys 1/12 figures a year and a half ago, I had totally forgotten about it. I think I will keep those 1/12 though. Limtoys has been my favorite brand for a while now, ever since their first MGSV figure.
I actually pre-ordered like 3 S++ (as I plan to offer two to two friends of mine who are fans of the game like me) & the rest of the other ones.

It looks like Limtoys have surpassed themselves yet again, I loved all the details & attention they put in those figures, can't wait to see how it looks like in person. They did a fantastic job on the 1/6 scale. My only real problem with them was the body they used. I had replaced the Big Boss (with leather coat) body with a Phicen. I hope it's not too bad with the 1/12 one.
I saw that Phicen was making 1/12 bodies as well now, I wonder if it would be possible to switch the body on this 1/12 Aehab. The swap was easy with Big Boss (leather coat) on the 1/6 scale, but I didn't want to try it on Venom.

I hope Limtoys will continue the 1/12 MGSV line as well as the 1/6 line. They are the only brand to do justice to MGSV, I'm absolutely blown away by their level of attention. In the Twin Pack, you had the two real life size photos Venom has on the hospital mission. Those Limtoys guys are true fans and true artists.

I also hope they will be able to release figures from other Metal Gear games, and other videos games. I know they are doing RDR2 and Last of Us 2, but the character designs of those games isn't as good as MGSV.
They could also do characters from movies.

Limtoys are just doing it better than anybody else on the market as of now. Better than Hot Toys & Mezco. They are much more accurate. Only downside is the body they use.

I completely gave up on Mezco One 12 a while ago. It was my favorite 1/12 line, they had a fantastic start, and they completely blew it with very weird artistic choices & choice of material. I don't understand why they want to give their own vision of the Batman Universe. It sucks. And they use more & more plastic & rubber & weird stuff. It wasn't the deal. Only figure they plan on releasing that looks really interesting is the Predator. But I'm afraid the product won't look as nice as the prototype.

Limtoys, on the other hand, stay 100% accurate to the original material, and the final product looks exactly like the prototype. I love this brand, I wish them all the success they deserve.
First of all thank you for all your continued support, we hope the LiMiNi figures arrive to you in due time and that you and your friends enjoy them just as much as we enjoyed making them!

In regards to the bodies, we have started designing our own to use in our figures, LiMiNi Aehab has a new body designed from scratch and our upcoming 1/6 releases will be no different.

As far as articulation, LiMini Aehab is a bit hindered by the clothing and the equipment on it, which is really hard to assemble again should you choose to take it off and switch to another body, we recommend adjusting the pants and the equipment to allow better for better range.

Finally we're humbled and grateful for all the praise, we don't think we have reached Hot Toys level or anything else for that matter but we're certainly working torwards that goal, it is extremely gratifying and validating when someone can recognize our passion for not only for the craft but also the characters we make, our goal will always be to deliver their best representation possible and you'll see that all of our upcoming releases will look different from the prototype as we've been working to make them better according to all the feedback we get.

Thank you once again on behalf of myself, @firejclawjack and the entire team, we hope we can keep satisfying you and all our other fans and costumers for a long as we do this!

Whaaat are you working for Limtoys?? Would be amazing if you do, I'm going to send you a PM!
Roger for the body, I'm not going to try to switch it (I hadn't switched it on the 1/6 Venom as I was afraid I wouldn't be able to assemble it again).
I will post photos of the figure once I receive the ones I ordered, I guess it will take another week or two.
Thank you so much for your reply!

Same here. I had a crappy TV with my PS2 (it's a black and white one!) but our stereo kicked ass so that kinda makes up for it and boy was the audio in MGS2 incredible. Not just the music, sound and voice acting but how it was mixed together to create that lively soundstage that only high end audio could produce. I also loved that most of the music took advantage of stereo, such as the main menu where the you could hear a riff constantly moving left and right.

Here's something that will blow your mind. Didju know that the composer for MGS1's cutscenes, Gigi Meroni FINALLY released most of the custscne music after over 20 years? I've always wanted to hear the cutscene music but it was never released.

And yes, he made them available for free on FLAC too. I guess the copyright must have expired since there's no way to give this out for free without landing in hot water (or Alaskan permafrost if you will).

It was a few decades later until I got to witness the sound-quality of MGS 2 at first hand. Granted, it was digital surround with my Astro A50, but even that was a huge upgrade compared to just hearing the game over my TV speakers.

Also, that's a pretty AWESOME find! Strange that the composer was able to release his tracks, given Konami's reputation of being really overprotective with their property rights. I sometimes forget how good the soundtrack was for MGS 1.

Well apparently Out of sandpaper so the rough side will have to be Weld marks of the extra build to the sides.
Just need some DD decals and this 1/12 scale DD APE T41LV is pretty much done.

Plus tbh as it Still is a RC. Not sure how the framework and sides are going to be with a rough and Tumble lol So a redesign could be in order anyway.

Still no Limtoys Aehab :(

However made a couple of generic troopers up using 1/12 Crazyfigure bodies with 1/12 Damtoys Nam Uniforms, Crazyfigure DELTA boots and Hasbro Classified Beachhead head and beret.
The L1a1 SLR is one of mine. Seemed rather Apt as it's Also a Great weapon.

zzzmgsapejeep.jpgzzzmgsapejeep3.jpgzzzmgsapejeep4.jpgzzzmgsapejeep1.jpgzzzmgsapejeep2.jpgzzzmgsapejeep5.jpgzzzmgsapejeep6.jpgzzzmgsapejeep7.jpg

and MGS3, i?m always a sucker for Villians, be either fox hound, The cobra unit and sons of liberty!

diamonds.jpghaven't gotten my limini aehab yet but already looking for parted head on ebay to make this custom. it's one of my favourite scene in the game.

also want to make the topless skin version from the "play demo" but hearing that the clothes are hard to take off/put on kinda makes a dent on that plan..

Back