Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was it? Lol makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would they have made the model of big boss for that commercial where the bandana has the wrinkles and then used a model for the bandana that looks more like a regular cloth bandana for venom. There's a couple little details like that, like how venom's eye patch has one more strap. It had to be done intentionally to differentiate venom and big boss.

But even so, i would prefer it look accurate to the in game model. maybe Lim can put a big boss sculpt in a deluxe version with the wrinkles in the bandana

Last edited:
*For anyone, like me, who can?t remember how he looked in the trailer*
059da8441d68ffc6f6e9a0177de1befc.jpg

Lol don?t remember it looking so good anywhere ever!

I just know I did not like it when I unlocked it and never used it lol looked plain bad [emoji41]

But either way I always felt it was past him having a bandana anyways. Didn?t he take it off in the end of Peace Walker?

*For anyone, like me, who can?t remember how he looked in the trailer*
059da8441d68ffc6f6e9a0177de1befc.jpg

Lol don?t remember it looking so good anywhere ever!

I just know I did not like it when I unlocked it and never used it lol looked plain bad [emoji41]

But either way I always felt it was past him having a bandana anyways. Didn?t he take it off in the end of Peace Walker?

Yeah but thats the real Big Boss with that Bandana. As stated above Venom is not the real snake therefore his bandana has less emotion, just like the body double. And yeah at the end of Peace Walker Big Boss is accepting of his fate and a world without true peace and he takes it off. I still like to wear it in MGSV whenever i revisit just because its nostalgic.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What are people?s opinions of the WJL Toys MGSV Snake?

I can?t find a comparison anywhere of the Limtoys and WJL releases, and WJL seems to be the only one I ever see for sale.

I can?t find a comparison anywhere of the Limtoys and WJL releases, and WJL seems to be the only one I ever see for sale.

The Limtoys body is definitely better. Theres actual scars on the body, as opposed to the WJL body thats just painted scars on. The headsculpts from what i seen are pretty similar, but I think Limtoys has much better quality all around. Also the robotic arm is much better on the Limtoys as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Here's a comparasion of the heads:
zfRlUOV.jpg

And here's some old comparasions of the first Lim release:
roKucn7.jpg

v4GjNYI.jpg

tpu9gIy.jpg

sKIgo5v.jpg

6M7xwSI.jpg

cTRe1Uf.jpg

u6EzMou.jpg

I would say if you can, try finding the Lim004 D-pack (clothing/body set) and the Venom head on eBay or some other place, I think the Lim005 double pack which has the best version is pretty much sold out everywhere.

I would say if you can, try finding the Lim004 D-pack (clothing/body set) and the Venom head on eBay or some other place, I think the Lim005 double pack which has the best version is pretty much sold out everywhere.
i wish they would rerelease the Lim005 pack or separate the Aehab and Ishmael and sell them separately.

Finally, finally, got my Limtoys 1/12. It's truly a work of art at this scale. Only real complaint I have is that it's extremely difficult to get the tiny shrapnel horn in and it falls out easily. Going to have to get another head and glue them in.

VhsT0Y3.jpg

Finally, finally, got my Limtoys 1/12. It's truly a work of art at this scale. Only real complaint I have is that it's extremely difficult to get the tiny shrapnel horn in and it falls out easily. Going to have to get another head and glue them in.

VhsT0Y3.jpg

Could you post some more pics please?? :panic:

Congrats Solidus (and welcome back from the grave.) The Sorter editions are the holy grail of MGS2 collectibles and the tracks included in the discs are exclusive mixes by Norihiko Hibino. They're only slightly less rare than a bigfoot sighting.

Last edited:
Back