Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are absolute right on everything, getting a second suit did not help, it kind of ripped by the shoulder, waited 25 days for the suit but at the end of the day I will never take it off and play around with the durability of the suit, next time something happens, she will get the parka display nothing less. Granted, the rip is covered by the shoulder knife thank goodness so I am luck, it?s not noticeable unless you take it off, but then again, i will just get a dehumidifier for this figure from now on.

Ehh I should had painted this suit rather than taking it off and trying to fix it on my own, the fix removed some of the major staining, BUT still left some rust in the seams.

Anyways this is the final result of The Boss, such an iconic VGM figure that will probably never get a reissue due to konami. Lessons learned everyone should be careful with the aging shoulder straps when putting her jumpsuit on, it tears easily

Can you see it?

78a373f8edafc8123353c189533b04bd.jpg

That knife is a life saver
abea9018fb766d00925fb9f51a76195a.jpg

f6755df43208f84245d668f47b1ef775.jpg

First suit, noticed how the stain was gone but putting the suit back on ripped the shoulder strings right off, this almost happened on the second suit it tears more whenever i zipped it up [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
82abcfe6d0e93f4c8d1d4972237512b8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i though she had the scar on her body but HT skimped on a custom body.

should it fail, you could try using plastic dip to repaint it. doesn't hurt.

she does have a scar, it?s part of her rubber suit, the other unspoken truth about this figure hahaha

yesterday i used liquid stitch to patch the tears in her suit(cutting up patches from the other suit)

tried looking into her OD green suit, the boots and suit and bandana are cheap... the harness will set me back 120 bucks!! i realized naked snake has the same exact setup in regards to holster, ammo pouches, canteen, butt pack and the crotch harness with the radio!!!

i could repaint the gloves and the boots to black to and that?s it!

30d78f129836a747551a9cb8b83fd8e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

she does have a scar, it?s part of her rubber suit, the other unspoken truth about this figure hahaha

yesterday i used liquid stitch to patch the tears in her suit(cutting up patches from the other suit)

tried looking into her OD green suit, the boots and suit and bandana are cheap... the harness will set me back 120 bucks!! i realized naked snake has the same exact setup in regards to holster, ammo pouches, canteen, butt pack and the crotch harness with the radio!!!

$120 for the harness is crazy! I have seen Snake pop up on eBay from time to time for around $175 in rough condition. It might be worth waiting for a better price.

Have you had luck finding a female OD green suit? Ace workshop did a female OD green Vietnam era uniform awhile back but I think it was a crop top.

Overall condition on Boss isn?t too bad. You might be able to hide the tear with her poncho?

I built one of these OD green Boss figures. The harness is a vietnam era STABO harness. You should be able to find one from another figure for next to nothing.

I built one of these OD green Boss figures. The harness is a vietnam era STABO harness. You should be able to find one from another figure for next to nothing.

What uniform brand did you use for yours?

Dragon and Medicom is really close to fitting the female form but still doesnt look right. Especially on HT bodies as their bodies tend to have very narrow waists.

Stabo harness huh? interesting hahaha!!!

not really worried about the tears anymore because the knife covers it up, i just used more liquid stitch on the back so the rubber doesn?t snap anymore... but getting and OD green should be unisex since back them they did not made custom suits for females. Just remember she has black gloves and black boots with her pants un bloused.

how good has snake?s suit held up compared to
the boss? damn now i wish hot toys just released their green variant version of these figs... freaking konami

What uniform brand did you use for yours?

Dragon and Medicom is really close to fitting the female form but still doesnt look right. Especially on HT bodies as their bodies tend to have very narrow waists.

I used the DAMToys Israeli Combat Intelligence Female Green Combat Uniform. Its not technically identical to the U.S. M65 uniform but its similar and it fits the female bodies extremely well. To me it was a really good base to build this figure on.

LOL1VTCFjNtRXrKawp-Q7djO1q_F-cLT7M4o6rPQqTVViM70no2fXAZhMLHqkpRgnOygAG3pgFocuo5ZlKV3SsDc_DgH7I7kNgRm6joSIpozMO-6n0jfVAwOsK_QkcOKHOOCDPDg35yccNKPV51ma_c3HYhI0IF-5EcDXt2zAfFBBmaGzaWSCqk1R8xjRHLJhtZknFDeE8GcoxhbIDQkQzyvM0XhaHVDiFvPFhzL5CLpyInMIppHb7Hdb0xNcQZ4kp1o1Z_U1r0kDYrIlQK3APVjkIkXo4yKqI2QJRleDI5Lv9JSEoLsebqF-Lg2ZZBmCC19hN4BDuoGMzYb1SvuLY_YetOm-wS0NnaQ-r1S28ZyIg0u79TRY3y-nXv5k5mwSXlYU36V94OMISyM2zs54F6_95eO2WJ7YuwO3UdX2d-OShWU_lK85aZIEfB6FUtN2bYztiMpRKkW9lOIs2rK93XcpEJ4pqgsUYbGpgoYdhPJh3wKV_oEbyDjNHU_1fVTBr9AjqyaBaBFox1yjT29ZmoE3b2a-HzclJeFMcJVP0lWGQe1yPaANaOrVX0XtmWUshqPrNCsayZxPsY2zy7kej1z8ZC3Ea4vnBnVDU5D2ap6Urhs3QLkgVZvz6B_PztQsvGP-QAflwDzYk0XCLv2QxTBXUnyTh4=w727-h969-no

I have seen this OD set. It's the correct cut. Reopen, what set did you get?

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
8d8505098769e879fd34428f1e7e1497.jpg

Just go for something cheap,

I got these

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123158904765

At the end of the day snake and the Boss just wear regular unisex Army green coveralls, 1/6 scale, the only thing I?m fuzzy about is the pockets but you can remove them by de threading them anyways for in game accuracy.

I wish there was a 2.0 version of this figure, her face is toooo huge and her hair is tooo small imho haha

Just go for something cheap,

I got these

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123158904765

At the end of the day snake and the Boss just wear regular unisex Army green coveralls, 1/6 scale, the only thing I?m fuzzy about is the pockets but you can remove them by de threading them anyways for in game accuracy.

I wish there was a 2.0 version of this figure, her face is toooo huge and her hair is tooo small imho haha

They actually aren't wearing coveralls at all; they are basically M65/OG107 fatigues which have separate pants and jacket. Pockets should be left on for in-game accuracy. as well.

I Kinda like em. Konami is really confusing me here. Rubber ducks and $500 statues. Why are these the things they approve yet cancel Figma and HotToys??

Hot Toys didn't do well when released, so they canned it. Bad choice choosing MGS3 but i guess Konami was pushing for it. Medicom did well for MGS4 but is there a third character worth making? I mean is Liquid Ocelot really that popular?

They actually aren't wearing coveralls at all; they are basically M65/OG107 fatigues which have separate pants and jacket. Pockets should be left on for in-game accuracy. as well.

you are right after watching that cutscene again it?s two piece, it looked like coveralls tbh, couldn?t really tell because of the ps3 graphics, had to find a good static picture to find the lining.

Hot Toys didn't do well when released, so they canned it. Bad choice choosing MGS3 but i guess Konami was pushing for it. Medicom did well for MGS4 but is there a third character worth making? I mean is Liquid Ocelot really that popular?

Konami?s just a freaking mystery. they would rather dump all this money on a freaking gaming machine that?s popular in japan; pachinkos

https://youtu.be/ziwuudqfLxY

wouldn't say it was a bad choice choosing MGS3, just a bad choice choosing the MGS3 sneaking suit that no one wanted... or atleast i didn't want, i can't speak for anyone else.

I think it was overall lack of interest from 1/6 collectors for the franchise at the time. I remember preordering Snake and not being interested in the Boss. I didn?t pick her up until after she went on sale. I never did pick up Raiden.

I think it was a huge miss-step starting with sneaking suit Snake and Boss.

I think it was overall lack of interest from 1/6 collectors for the franchise at the time. I remember preordering Snake and not being interested in the Boss. I didn?t pick her up until after she went on sale. I never did pick up Raiden.

I think it was a huge miss-step starting with sneaking suit Snake and Boss.

MG3 ain't exactly the most popular in the series, the Medicom ones somehow sold well even though they just did Snake. I say MGS1, 4, 2, were the popular ones. 4 did not have many worthy characters so they only did snake & raiden, both sold well, but 4 was the latest game that time, so Konami probably only wanted figures from the game to be made. Konami did a few 1/6 figures for MGS1 back when MGS1 was new but they probably did not sell well so they didn't do any for MGS2 (back then 1/6 figure was still pretty dolly). I believe the suit for Medicom Raiden was extremely difficult and costly to make, so i doubt anyone would do MGS1 & 2 in 1/6 scale. And because MGS3 figures tanked, we did not see any official 1/6 from V & Phantom Pain. I mean there are square enix figures they are expensive but not as expensive as 1/6.

still, can't believe no one is doing MGS1/2 figures.

Every time I meet a fellow Metal Gear fan (I've met a lot), MGS3 is either their favorite in the series or it's right behind MGS1.

Every time I meet a fellow Metal Gear fan (I've met a lot), MGS3 is either their favorite in the series or it's right behind MGS1.

I have to agree all the metal Gear fans i know say MGS3 is their favourite, for me my favourite varies between MGS1 & MGS3 depending on my mood since i struggle to choose between them highly regarding both.

I only know one metal gear fan that doesn't consider MGS3 to be their favourite because they are new to the series having only played GZ/ Phantom Pain, not giving the originals a chance due to dated controls.... but tbh i don't know that many people so i am probably not a good reference point.

I totally agree. I remember a lot of fans back in the day being heated over the Raiden controversy of MGS2, still a great game though. MSG3, MGS1, and MGS5 are my top three.

Back