Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone have any idea how to fix the boss?s leather staining???
ff1982987b8d6ee6e8ddf82653017641.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It happened to my Storm Shadow?s white jacket as well. Sigh.

It happened to my Storm Shadow?s white jacket as well. Sigh.

Did you manage to clean it up? I will try the hydrogen peroxide diluted method but I don?t know what to do at this point [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you manage to clean it up? I will try the hydrogen peroxide diluted method but I don?t know what to do at this point [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Nope. In fact I made it look even more weathered to blend it in. So now one cannot tell if it had stains because it looks battle damaged now. [emoji23]

I used some white Vallejo aryclic paint, this sorted it. I recently moved. She's been storage for a while and the buckles have started to rust on mine..

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

I was contemplating on throwing the figure away but then i realized she has the parka, but once i started semi cleaning the fig, some of it went away, i don?t know if painting the leather will help at all, but i email hot toys to see what they tell me just in case, what sucks is that she?s all white!!!

I took the buckles out and will clean the rust out, but i have a feeling just leaving the figure in storage in the garage and humidity did this, I had no idea that it would had been that bad.

Once I but the combat belt on, it can cover some of the stains but you can kind of tell! We will see in the end, I will still try the hydrogen peroxide, i was using a stain removal for clothes that works well on hard to remove grease, I mean it removed some of the bulk rust but not all of it.

I was contemplating on throwing the figure away but then i realized she has the parka, but once i started semi cleaning the fig, some of it went away, i don?t know if painting the leather will help at all, but i email hot toys to see what they tell me just in case, what sucks is that she?s all white!!!

I took the buckles out and will clean the rust out, but i have a feeling just leaving the figure in storage in the garage and humidity did this, I had no idea that it would had been that bad.

Once I but the combat belt on, it can cover some of the stains but you can kind of tell! We will see in the end, I will still try the hydrogen peroxide, i was using a stain removal for clothes that works well on hard to remove grease, I mean it removed some of the bulk rust but not all of it.

the stain is least of your concern, trying to treat that part with anything will have more negative effects on the already fragile soon to fall apart pleather material. painting it might help if you paint the whole section but you cannot use too much thinner or else it will just melt away sooner.

for the buckle, you can try coating it with a layer of future floor, or if you can no longer get the shine back, repaint it with molotow chrome marker and a layer of future floor. i have yet seen rust on 1/6 metal buckles but for spawn chains it was a common sight.

the stain is least of your concern, trying to treat that part with anything will have more negative effects on the already fragile soon to fall apart pleather material. painting it might help if you paint the whole section but you cannot use too much thinner or else it will just melt away sooner.

for the buckle, you can try coating it with a layer of future floor, or if you can no longer get the shine back, repaint it with molotow chrome marker and a layer of future floor. i have yet seen rust on 1/6 metal buckles but for spawn chains it was a common sight.

I mean the stain is just there and it?s horrendously brown on her white stealth suit. I mean putting her park on top eliminates the problem, but then again opening the suit kind of mitigates it, but I prefer the suit closed up. I mean i Have been treating the already fragile suit but i don?t want to push it that much. I never thought about painting it white acrylic, and what sucks is that I haven?t seen that many people having issues with this figure also.

I managed to get the rust out of the buckles and scrub them out using WD-40, I using a strong fabric stain remover that helps me on fabric but it?s been working slowly but surely with the stealth suit but you can tell it?s stained DEEP in the suit.

What?s funny it?s that I have had this figure since 2013 and between 2013 and 2017 ZERO issues but i place this unit into storage in 2018 and when i checked it out in 2020 this happens.

Like you say i don?t want to push it, but my OCD kicks in when ever i see the stain since it?s an eye catcher for sure, it?s massive on one side, and it sucks....

That is real shame. You had them that long with no problems.

This is why I am currently making PAK like figures in 1/6. Basically modifed/painted on suit on a muscle body. Then the joints covered with knee pads and webbing etc.

I totally agree with not using chemicals to clean it. Her sneaking suit is very fragile and the stains on the picture are probably deep into the material.

Paint will be tricky - trying to find a color to match the arms. I?ve had some luck with Vallejo paints (mixed with water) sticking to Hot Toys pleather (going on 1 year with no peeling). I highly recommend letting the paint dry first on something to see how the color matches.

A more expensive route would be buying a replacement on Ebay. I thought I saw one on Blackops awhile back?

I love her sneaking suit [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] Honestly before i started treating the suit i was looking into replacement suits, They are still cheap thank goodness, I might go that route.

I just treated the suit with lemon juice/salt and sun method with good results, the stains came out but the suit is a bit soggy, yeah i?ll replace it....
before

7bbe948176a64147265f57d4b65bc1d2.jpg

after
eb1a61567fd94c7f3f5af7237968b38f.jpg

I totally agree with not using chemicals to clean it. Her sneaking suit is very fragile and the stains on the picture are probably deep into the material.

Paint will be tricky - trying to find a color to match the arms. I?ve had some luck with Vallejo paints (mixed with water) sticking to Hot Toys pleather (going on 1 year with no peeling). I highly recommend letting the paint dry first on something to see how the color matches.

A more expensive route would be buying a replacement on Ebay. I thought I saw one on Blackops awhile back?

replacement will be the same, or worse it tears when you try to put it on. the suit is finished, even a pristine one wouldn't be able to handle much stress now.

i just checked my Takara Panzer Cops, out of 5, the 2 females have long had their pleathers ruined, out of the 3 males, 1 already going the route, the other 2 just looks ok but i know they are already rotting inside.

replacement will be the same, or worse it tears when you try to put it on. the suit is finished, even a pristine one wouldn't be able to handle much stress now.

i just checked my Takara Panzer Cops, out of 5, the 2 females have long had their pleathers ruined, out of the 3 males, 1 already going the route, the other 2 just looks ok but i know they are already rotting inside.

Good point. Especially if it?s been off the figure for awhile.

Funny you mention that, as i slipping the suit one of the ligaments did tear off, the suit it is done. Ended up removing the stain but the suit is completely done... i ordered a replacement but i will try to be extra careful this time, i am hoping this issue doesn?t repeat it self.

do you think the siligal gel dehydraters gel help at all? i noticed the reason the buckles might had rusted in the box might had been because i took it out specifically from that box...

Good point. Especially if it?s been off the figure for awhile.

I don?t want to give up on the boss

Maybe make a Olive Drab BDU, virtuous mission version.

quite frankly I might need to, i was looking into olive drabs for the boss, quite frankly she?s also iconic when she uses the nuke at the bridge

Funny you mention that, as i slipping the suit one of the ligaments did tear off, the suit it is done. Ended up removing the stain but the suit is completely done... i ordered a replacement but i will try to be extra careful this time, i am hoping this issue doesn?t repeat it self.

do you think the siligal gel dehydraters gel help at all? i noticed the reason the buckles might had rusted in the box might had been because i took it out specifically from that box...

I don?t want to give up on the boss

quite frankly I might need to, i was looking into olive drabs for the boss, quite frankly she?s also iconic when she uses the nuke at the bridge

the key is do not put too much stress on the suit, especially when you are trying to pull it up, instead try to expand the suit while pulling it up so you "slip it in". anyway chances of the replacement suit tearing while suiting up is 50/50. even old fabric clothes tears up with slightest force...

Oh man the moment i saw those issues on mine i placed it back in the box along with the naked snake one. its just too painful to look at huhuh. they were once the grail pieces on my collection D:

Oh man the moment i saw those issues on mine i placed it back in the box along with the naked snake one. its just too painful to look at huhuh. they were once the grail pieces on my collection D:

Same here. I?ve gotten lucky with my Boss figure. No stains or cracks, still mint. My Naked Snake on the other hand almost disintegrated lol. I had to convert him to camouflage fatigues.

Does anyone know of something you can treat them with to prevent cracking/peeling?

Back