Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FOX Engine mugs. Nuff said.

Bn_iNKRCYAAlGHw.png:large

I once tweeted to the KP employee, begging for a 1/6 Snake figure who asked then what MGS stuff we'd like to see next. I guess I was tuned down in favor of mugs, effin mugs. ARGHHHHHH! :mad:

I once tweeted to the KP employee, begging for a 1/6 Snake figure who asked then what MGS stuff we'd like to see next. I guess I was tuned down in favor of mugs, effin mugs. ARGHHHHHH :mad:

They'd rather make Snake postage stamp size.

I might actually get that to go with 3A rex :lol

Those stuff don't interest me at all. The shirts from uniqlo look alot better.

The Uniqlo shirts were awesome because it had the nostalgic factor of Yoji's iconic art, but they also did some awesome original designs as well, such as the MGR jacket. This is just the game's boxart and the FOX logo plastered onto commercial items. I mean, look at it! A 6 year old could come up with this with Microsoft Paint in 3 minutes. You could find more original designs in public restrooms! What were they thinking?

It's obvious that they need as much revenue as possible since the amount of money the spent on the FOX Engine cost as much as it took to find the wreck of the Titanic.

I liked the uniqlo stuff but it wasn't very well thought out at all. They were poorly designed (as a garment) and was a much wasted opportunity for some wearable MGS clothing.

Not that Yojis artwork doesn't work on clothing, but not all of it does and certainly not on some of the colours :lol

The branding was terrible aswell.

I say leave the artwork to prints and posters.

I liked the uniqlo stuff but it wasn't very well thought out at all. They were poorly designed (as a garment) and was a much wasted opportunity for some wearable MGS clothing.

Not that Yojis artwork doesn't work on clothing, but not all of it does and certainly not on some of the colours :lol

The branding was terrible aswell.

I say leave the artwork to prints and posters.

Completely agree. It's a travesty that they've printed countless artworks on ugly TShirts but nine on actual posters

Ever since i got 3a Rex i never went back to look at the protos, but whilst looking for Ray i found some pictures. And now ive had mine in hand and i go back to look at this

rex22.jpg

Its completely different. The legs are different, obviously paint job. And i wish we got thoes knee rockets.

Woah relax. Take note of what I said. You're making it sound as if I'm somehow saying that people were asking for a figure exactly like this Revolmini in terms of style, size, price and how "Kojima-san" is justified in making this when that literally wasn't the case.

I recognize this is a 1/6 forum so obviously there's more desire for bigger figures. I thought the mention of "GI JOE" gave it away and yeah you'd be surprised, I've seen a number of folks clamor for MGS figures of such size. Mind you, I tend to jump around multiple scales (3 3/4, 6-8 inch, whatever scale PAK wants itself to be and here being mainly 1/6) so I've been exposed to various communities (including some customizing ones). As an aside, I will say the varying perception towards figures of other scales can be quite amusing. In this case I'm just saying that yes, surprising as it may seem, I have seen some people actually wish for small MGS figures and that's literally all I'm saying, no more no less ("large group" is stretching it, more like scattered little corners in various communities some not even readily MGS-oriented).

Don't know what you mean by "extent" though, not once did I indicate in my post that there's huge demand for such MGS figures in such a small size. If you look back at my comment, a lot of it was more of "um not exactly" where I literally just said "there's a legitimate market for it" i.e. the market for such small figures does exist to some extent contrary to what some might believe here. Perhaps "dying" was a bit too hyperbolic, so that may have twisted your view regarding my comment, and if so then I apologize for that. So really there's no need to blow my comment out of proportion there.

Well, your initial post did stretch into hyperbole, because you're essentially describing a market that I have not seen :lol. To reiterate my own point: for years, I've frequented the MGS forum on the PSU. The forum had a decent bunch of small-time collectors, who were more conscious of their money, compared to our community here on SSF. From what I can recall, they've always wanted cheap figures, with prices similar to the old, MGS McFarlane lines. But, I've never seen them argue specifically for smaller stuff. As it happens, many of them did pick up the Sneaking Suit and Jungle Fatigues Big Boss figures, when they were offered for mid $20 to $40 prices a few years ago.

Granted, there is some demand for small collectibles, but I've only seen it with Kubricks. And Kubrick collecting tends to be more niche, compared to the demand for other figures.

Yes Plissken, long post indeed. Take care not to lose your mind when too many words start to pile up right in front of you. :lecture

I gave you some advice before; it's better to keep your posts short, and condense your thoughts in order to help facilitate better discussions. Not everyone has the time to read pages-upon-pages of an opinion article, and generally, lengthy essays on this forum tend to get ignored, or people will just skim through them - which completely defeats the purpose of you, having to dedicate so much time and effort into writing your pieces. So, in the end, you'll fail to effectively deliver your intended message, and someone else will fail to see your points. It doesn't bode well for anyone, unfortunately.

Last edited:

I once tweeted to the KP employee, begging for a 1/6 Snake figure who asked then what MGS stuff we'd like to see next. I guess I was tuned down in favor of mugs, effin mugs. ARGHHHHHH! :mad:

I wonder what happened to their partnership with Uniqlo.

I gave you some advice before; it's better to keep your posts short, and condense your thoughts in order to help facilitate better discussions. Not everyone has the time to read pages-upon-pages of an opinion article, and generally, lengthy essays on this forum tend to get ignored, or people will just skim through them - which completely defeats the purpose of you, having to dedicate so much time and effort into writing your pieces. So, in the end, you'll fail to effectively deliver your intended message, and someone else will fail to see your points. It doesn't bode well for anyone, unfortunately.

In cases if it's the person I'm addressing, I absolutely don't mind doing that if they say something about it (such as with you before where I've apologized for it and have tried to adjust). I don't mind if people skip over my posts and I absolutely won't get offended. The thing is, I find it strange how in the MGS threads it's as if some feel obligated to read and reply to every post, which is not my intention at all given that I recognize how some people won't care for a long post.

I say "MGS threads" because I've never had that problem frequenting other parts of SSF so far until recently when I jumped in the MGS threads. I've been in other sections of SSF where people are discussing multiple points at once, some even discussing in the same length as my posts, and others actually preferring such length as it gives them something to think about than just the usual "hurr durr, figure sucks".

So I don't know, maybe the MGS-oriented community here just doesn't like that for some reason, most preferring quick comments to get a simple point across, so I apologize for disrupting the usual flow here in the MGS threads. At least now I know better to just minimize the discussion since so many folks are bothered by it enough to feel the need to make fun of it.

In cases if it's the person I'm addressing, I absolutely don't mind doing that if they say something about (such as with you before where I've apologized for it and have tried to adjust). I don't mind if people skip over my posts and I absolutely won't get offended. The thing is, I find it strange how in the MGS threads it's as if some feel obligated to read and reply to every post, which is not my intention at all given that I recognize how some people won't care for a long post.

I say "MGS threads" because I've never had that problem frequenting other parts of SSF so far until recently when I jumped in the MGS threads. I've been in other sections of SSF where people are discussing multiple points at once, some even discussing in the same length as my posts, and others actually preferring such length as it gives them something to think about than just the usual "hurr durr, figure sucks".

So I don't know, maybe the MGS-oriented community here just doesn't like that for some reason, most preferring quick comments to get a simple point across. At least now I know better to just minimize the discussion since so many folks are bothered by it enough to feel the need to make fun of it.

Feel free to do whatever you want, man. I took the liberty of skimming through your posts in the other sections, and you do seem keep your posts to much more minimal length, compared to the MGS threads - where you bomb out the essay replies, for whatever reason. So, maybe that's why the people in the other sections haven't brought it up.

There's nothing wrong with lengthy replies at all - but, my point is, that it's simply not the best way to communicate your thoughts effectively and have other engage you in a conversation. After all, this is a discussion forum, and the active participants in the threads do feel an obligation to read the posts and reply to them. However, it does get annoying seeing wall-text, after wall-text, being posted in reply to small paragraphs and sentences. People are just going to lose interest in what you have to say.

Seems like they are done with it, at least for now. Like how they had One Piece & Evangelion stuff around and now it's Star Wars, old cartoon series, moomin & hello kitty.

That's saddening. Uniqlo was a good partner, and they were doing such a good job for years with their MGS shirts.

Agreed. Anyways... I've been rummaging through my collection today and I found a few things, including this promo pamphlet for MGS 3 that I bought a few years ago. Do any of you guys have it? I never played the CD, but I think the "Snake Eater" song is included in it.

14038747268_6c95f6ea2f_c.jpg

14038822717_88a867c77d_c.jpg

14038794750_76036355f5_c.jpg

Feel free to do whatever you want, man. I took the liberty of skimming through your posts in the other sections, and you do seem keep your posts to much more minimal length, compared to the MGS threads - where you bomb out the essay replies, for whatever reason. So, maybe that's why the people in the other sections haven't brought it up.

There's nothing wrong with lengthy replies at all - but, my point is, that it's simply not the best way to communicate your thoughts effectively and have other engage you in a conversation. After all, this is a discussion forum, and the active participants in the threads do feel an obligation to read the posts and reply to them. However, it does get annoying seeing wall-text, after wall-text, being posted in reply to small paragraphs and sentences. People are just going to lose interest in what you have to say.

Comparatively speaking though, I recall having essay bombs in other threads (not very recently but way back), where a number of people even welcomed it. I find that the notion of obligation is rarely observed in some threads mind you, so I don't know, maybe it's just the different communities and the sort of conduct that people are used to in diff. sections of SSF. In this case, I sincerely apologize for disrupting the usual flow (to you too Plissken). I'll cut down from posting in length here from now on, so let this be the last of it.

Agreed. Anyways... I've been rummaging through my collection today and I found a few things, including this promo pamphlet for MGS 3 that I bought a few years ago. Do any of you guys have it? I never played the CD, but I think the "Snake Eater" song is included in it.

14038747268_6c95f6ea2f_c.jpg

14038822717_88a867c77d_c.jpg

14038794750_76036355f5_c.jpg

That's one of the things I really wanted for so long and I doubt many people here have it, it's pretty rare. I'm surprised you haven't listened to the CD as it contains 2 renditions of Snake Eater that you can't hear anywhere else. It's awesome!

That's cool, thanks for the info, Ryan. I think I probably have the MP3s for those songs somewhere.

Would you believe I picked that up for a mere $15? :lol It's amazing, the stuff you find on Ebay sometimes.

That's cool, thanks for the info, Ryan. I think I probably have the MP3s for those songs somewhere.

Would you believe I picked that up for a mere $15? :lol It's amazing, the stuff you find on Ebay sometimes.

That's CRAZY! What year did you got it again?

If you ever hang out with any of your buddies that has a great sound system, do bring that disc, you'll be surprised at what you hear. The audio quality of that album is actually some of the better sounding MGS CDs out there, it was intended to look like a vinyl record, after all.

2012!! :lol I just listen to compressed stereo music on my iPhone, but that sounds awesome. My friends are low-income college bros, like myself - all in need of better careers, so we can afford nice things :(.

Back