Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome. But, aside from the tail, there are also some subtle design differences between the Marines and MGS 4 versions of RAY. If I can recall correctly, I think the knees in the Marines RAY are more pointed at the top.

All i know about the different on Rays and Marine Ray are the tail and the knee armor, the Marine Ray has pointed knee armor and the other Rays all have round knee armor. The head of Mass production Rays in MGS2 have a bit different on cheek and they are all Cyclops.

Marine Ray is my favorite model among all Rays, but did there still have any other different parts of Marine Ray? (other than body paint, tail and knee armors)

Yup, i will find local expert to taking commissions for conversion if i really want to do.
Actually i have the Mcfarlene Ray body part with tail, so the tail might be able to swap to the new Koto Ray if they are in same scale...

I just thinking...I am worry that Koto will announce / release the Marine Ray soon after i had do the conversion...

I was going to do this, but I was going to make a mold and cast it and then make mods to cram it into koto ray. I was also thinking about making pointy knee caps you could just glue onto the the front.

I guess we should all wait a few months and see if Kotobukiya indeed does releases a Marines Ray. The Marines version is really a no brainer but it seems the higher ups in charge of merchandising indeed has no brains.

As for the differences between AG/MGS4/Marines RAY, yes there are quite a few, most notably the tip of the knees that Solidus pointed out. That was actually a cost effective way of saving up processing power for the PS2.

i don't know if anyone has posted this before, and this PURELY SPECULATION...
but has anyone taken a closer look at the back of the RevolMini box?

RevolMini-MGS-Solid-Snake-001.jpg

MORE SPECIFICALLY the 7TH RevolMini pose figure from the left?
looks kinda like
20090619231224!Mgs-cyborg-ninja.jpg

Coincidence? Or a hint for a future release?

Grey fox could be cool, but that MGS1 Snake looks really nice. IMO much better looking face than PAK -version.

wish i could read Japanese. I wanna know what it says on the left page
BmS1akgCAAA9rti.jpg:large

possibility look even better than BigBoss'
BmTzeHZCYAABgxs.jpg:large

God i hope the release version looks as good as the proto
BmT6SBlCYAEHkwZ.jpg:large

BmT5Nc3CUAA2iZH.jpg:large

Jehuty may be down the line:
BmSY7JcCcAAKREt.jpg

I'd love to help out with translating, but I'm really not good with Chinese characters :(.

Snake looks pretty good, and in terms of aesthetics, it's really the head-sculpt that's going to make of break the figure.

I kind if wish they'd release a "mini-mini Revo" figure, so that I could have an insect Snake to go with my ThreeA REX :rotfl

Seriously man, that's the best ZOE figure collection I've seen on the net! Amazing. You should Tweet it to Kojima, and he'll retweet your picture.

Definitely the most extensive z.o.e collection there is. I think I've never asked you Plis, when did you start collecting z.o.e stuff?

Come to think of it, I've only played each z.o.e game about twice when they were launched, so I don't recall much at all. Just like FFX though, I listen to the soundtrack at least a few times a year. I'm having a blast with these old games.! Maybe when I'm done with FFX, the z.o.e games will be the next on my playtrough.

Oh crap, I forgot Kingdom Hearts. :lol

Seriously man, that's the best ZOE figure collection I've seen on the net! Amazing. You should Tweet it to Kojima, and he'll retweet your picture.

Well I don't know if he would, maybe if it was pics of gross food :lol

Definitely the most extensive z.o.e collection there is. I think I've never asked you Plis, when did you start collecting z.o.e stuff?

Come to think of it, I've only played each z.o.e game about twice when they were launched, so I don't recall much at all. Just like FFX though, I listen to the soundtrack at least a few times a year. I'm having a blast with these old games.! Maybe when I'm done with FFX, the z.o.e games will be the next on my playtrough.

Oh crap, I forgot Kingdom Hearts. :lol

Ever since they started the Revoltech line, that's been a good 3 years maybe? I plan on getting the Riobot Anubis too.

Back