Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that Frank's MGS1 Snake is a go, I decided to quit on my custom Snake and wait for that, here's my WIP so far.

13776822994_14566a8588.jpg

13776819264_efc601a86a.jpg

I have to say, this is a pretty good custom :rock. Snake looks very slim, sort of like he did in MGS 1. You should definitely continue it, Ryan. Who knows when the custom figure on SSF will be finished, anyway.

I have to say, this is a pretty good custom :rock. Snake looks very slim, sort of like he did in MGS 1. You should definitely continue it, Ryan. Who knows when the custom figure on SSF will be finished, anyway.

Thanks Solidus, that's very encouraging. I guess I'll continue to work on him more someday, I probably I won't resclupt the head any further since we're getting the proper HS on Frank's thread.

The body is a modded Christopher Reeve body. The boots, knee/elbow cloth were repainted, and the knee/elbow pads were reclupted and repainted as well.

Yadda yadda who cares? We're getting a proper custom baby! :rock

Thanks Solidus, that's very encouraging. I guess I'll continue to work on him more someday, I probably I won't resclupt the head any further since we're getting the proper HS on Frank's thread.

The body is a modded Christopher Reeve body. The boots, knee/elbow cloth were repainted, and the knee/elbow pads were reclupted and repainted as well.

Yadda yadda who cares? We're getting a proper custom baby! :rock

The body looks fantastic and so does the costume. The head-sculpt is also spot on from what I can tell :clap. It's definitely the best TTS custom I've seen in this thread and it stays true to the source material. You've done a remarkable job.

I just hope I can swing both the MGS 1 custom and IDM's later in the year (if he's still doing it).

The body looks fantastic and so does the costume. The head-sculpt is also spot on from what I can tell :clap. It's definitely the best TTS custom I've seen in this thread and it stays true to the source material. You've done a remarkable job.

I just hope I can swing both the MGS 1 custom and IDM's later in the year (if he's still doing it)

Thanks brother!

Gulp, I really need to set my priorities straight in order to afford those! MGS1, MGS2 Snake, HT Raiden, Snake Plissken, the Serenity, Metal Gear Ray, a PS4 with TLOU and Arkham Knight! Anything else in 2014 I'm missing? Jesus man! :lol

You should start taking some commissions, yourself! :duff.

I've got the exact things on pre-order, but, I may have to forgo the Serenity for MG RAY :slap. At least Raiden is shipping till next, so we don't have to worry about that any time soon.

What the hell man? You have TWO? :lol

Thanks brother! It's easily my worst custom though, eww. Did you sign up on Frank's Twin Snakes custom thread?

Now that you're back home, why not start on the display area we've talked about for ages now? :lol

Yeah I loved the figure so decided to get another one. I want to display both with the different heads. I don't think I will be getting the regular one upon launch. I might get one in the future if the price goes down like it did for liquid and mgs2 raiden.

I don't think I will be signing up for any more customs. I am hoping that John from IDM will start on the mgs2 snake soon. Really looking forward to see the proto or final product :D

Sadly, all my collection is in Singapore and I didn't bring anything back home with me. Maybe next year I will get everything shipped :p

Did you sell off your Medi Raiden?

I paid $200 for red ninja, it's the only other one that I paid that much money for. Otherwise I've gotten a deal on everything else pretty much Play Arts Kai wise.

I paid the equivalent of $240 for my red ninja. The most expensive PAK I bought

It cost me £140 shipped in the end.

I paid around $130 for the red ninja. I think the Metallic BB was the most expensive PAK figure that I bought. He was definitely worth it! Wait till u get yours! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I'll get it, but if I do I'll get the regular version

I personally can't spend that amount on that figure

The body does look nice though and they do the metallic paint job well

Congrats on your purchase!

Bought Solidus on Amazon for about $75 from that pturtle inc link I found. He takes up too much space, I need another display...

Ur0kdR7l.jpg

Bought Solidus on Amazon for about $75 from that pturtle inc link I found. He takes up too much space, I need another display...

Ur0kdR7l.jpg

Erm...

141625.gif

But, yeah, he's a very wide figure because of the tentacles. I also have mine posed with the P90s like that. I think I seriously have to get Raiden to go with Solidus before the prices skyrocket like they usually do.

Erm...

141625.gif

But, yeah, he's a very wide figure because of the tentacles. I also have mine posed with the P90s like that. I think I seriously have to get Raiden to go with Solidus before the prices skyrocket like they usually do.
There was a link I posted pages back, the seller was named pturtle inc. Made me laugh more than it should have, but it arrived quick and again was cheap ($75 after shipping)

I need Raiden too, but I gotta find Ninja still...

There was a link I posted pages back, the seller was named pturtle inc. Made me laugh more than it should have, but it arrived quick and again was cheap ($75 after shipping)

I need Raiden too, but I gotta find Ninja still...

Freakin' eeewwww! In any case, I'm glad your figure turned out alright, and that's a pretty good price, too :lol.

Ugh... I think PAK Gray Fox is lost to me. I really don't feel like spending Hot Toys price for it.

Freakin' eeewwww! In any case, I'm glad your figure turned out alright, and that's a pretty good price, too :lol.

Ugh... I think PAK Gray Fox is lost to me. I really don't feel like spending Hot Toys price for it.
I'm not spending Hot Toys price for him either, he's not worth it. I'll pay $150 at most, no more.

So, are any of you dudes planning to get that weird-looking iDroid case for the iPhone 5 or 5s? :lol The MSRP is around $73, and there doesn't seem to be a planned release for the U.S., so I guess HLJ and Play Asia are your best chances of acquiring one. But, there's also a likelihood that the Konami Style store in the U.S. might distribute them as well.

Apple-iPhone-Receiving-iDROID-Case-Inspired-by-Metal-Gear-Solid-V1-650x476.jpg

https://guardianlv.com/2014/04/apple-iphone-receiving-idroid-case-inspired-by-metal-gear-solid-v/

I think it might make a nice display piece. But, there's no way I'd be caught in public with that thing, and besides, my iPhone 5s is already in a sleek, Dodocase hardcover case:

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

So, are any of you dudes planning to get that weird-looking iDroid case for the iPhone 5 or 5s? :lol The MSRP is around $73, and there doesn't seem to be a planned release for the U.S., so I guess HLJ and Play Asia are your best chances of acquiring one. But, there's also a likelihood that the Konami Style store in the U.S. might distribute them as well.

Apple-iPhone-Receiving-iDROID-Case-Inspired-by-Metal-Gear-Solid-V1-650x476.jpg

https://guardianlv.com/2014/04/apple-iphone-receiving-idroid-case-inspired-by-metal-gear-solid-v/

I think it might make a nice display piece. But, there's no way I'd be caught in public with that thing, and besides, my iPhone 5s is already in a sleek, Dodocase hardcover case:

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

Not me, especially not for a phone case at $75... It's just robbery

They should have released it as a prop or something and actually made the whole thing. It'd be worth the money paid for it and would add to anyone's MGSV collection

Buying for a phone case will only
A. Rip you off and B. Make you look silly carrying a huge what looks like a walkey talky around with you

I can see people buying it for the collection and never using it as a phone case maybe

Back