Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sickness jedi, i really love that area. the figs look pretty nice the way you arranged them! i need artwork so badly. this is what my display is lacking terribly, which is one of the main attractions of the franchise. it seems you went full gung ho and got 2 bosses, why? cause one was really cheap right?

Cheers guys. Yeah just got some spares for cheap on ebay and made a second figure with the unused bits.
Then bought another two boxed (sold one for cost) and now I have 3 ha!

Was hoping to do a BDU boss but I can't be arsed.

I have more art in my folios. No space ha!

EDIT: Oh also guys, I've been noticing a lot of complains towards the pain app from Liquid, I guess I got lucky since paint on mine doesn't look half as bad as yours, here's mine, striaght out of the box :S

1ejHHC0.jpg

Amazing! Where did you get him from?

Amazing! Where did you get him from?

Hi :) got it from HLJ. I agree on the subject that lightning helps a lot, I guess that the figures works better with better lightning since, as I have seen in my workplace for instance, graphic designers tend to work in spaces with neutral light in order to get the proper colors (usually rooms are kinda gray), I guess that the guy who paint'em also works in a room like that, and the shades are to resemble that "evil guy" look.

Last edited:
Hi :) got it from HLJ. I agree on the subject that lightning helps a lot, I guess that the figures works better with better lightning since, as I have seen in my workplace for instance, graphic designers tend to work in spaces with neutral light in order to get the proper colors (usually rooms are kinda gray), I guess that the guy who paint'em also works in a room like that, and the shades are to resemble that "evil guy" look.

Hey Thanks for letting me know! Yeap lightning makes a hell of a difference man!

Btw, I also got mine from HLJ lol! Unfortunately mine came half burnt! I might get another one once the price goes down :)

i think the price will drop on him because kojima isnt smart enough to do a reissue of solid. i think releasing liquid so late was a really bad business move. i feel like poor liquid sales will make them think it isnt worth going further on the mgs1 line.

So that's your room Jedi

When I've searched mgs artwork on google it's brought pictures up of this room, it's what inspired me to get prints done myself!

Except mine are reprints from Shinkawas artwork from the books

Was gonna totally copy you aswell with the arrangement but I have too many detolfs now and not enough wallspace so I gotta rethink

Small world

i think the price will drop on him because kojima isnt smart enough to do a reissue of solid. i think releasing liquid so late was a really bad business move. i feel like poor liquid sales will make them think it isnt worth going further on the mgs1 line.

Pretty sure the price will drop for liquid like it has for raiden. I check amazon japan for the pricing and all the sellers there incl. amazon japan have him priced around $45 now (average). Wish amazon japan offered intl shipping! they have some pretty decent priced figures! :/

Do you honestly thing Kojima is the one who decides if that figure would be re-released or not?
Square-Enix doesn't need to ask permission to re-release a figure they clearly still have the licence for.

To be honest, this looks like a very boring figure. RAY should be able to achieve a wider range of dynamics poses than REX. But, it looks so static, and lifeless with that crotch stand.

It's also surprising, that we haven't seen more pictures with different poses, other than the figure standing straight up like that. I guess that's probably the only pose it's capable of doing.

So that's your room Jedi

When I've searched mgs artwork on google it's brought pictures up of this room, it's what inspired me to get prints done myself!

Except mine are reprints from Shinkawas artwork from the books

Was gonna totally copy you aswell with the arrangement but I have too many detolfs now and not enough wallspace so I gotta rethink

Small world

Solidus there was a tonne of pics for the sale day showing Ray in a variety of poses from leaping to squatting down.
I do agree on the stand, it takes more away than it gives to the display.

Cheers FJ and the rest of you guys. Yeah you can do a pretty neat display on a budget making your own prints and banging them in an ikea Riba frame.
Spend a lil extra and get the wide frame ones as they really set individual pieces off. Tried to take a pic of the rest of my MGS collection in my games room but the damn light bulb blew up and it's one of those stupid energy saving lamps with the three pins. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Back