Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint job on Ray looks amazing, will be ordering from Bamba when it goes on sale, but I do have to agree, that stand looks pretty bad. I read the comments here and thought, 'surely it's not that bad?' then I saw the pics and was like 'yikes!', lol. Displaying that thing with it's wings spread out is going to be a pain. Will look amazing but.

Why did they ever choose that frosted plastic?

It's likely due to strength requirements. Crystal clear plastic is a lot more brittle than non-clear plastic. Still… it does look like ****. If they had to do a stand out of plastic and it couldn't be clear for fear of breakage, then they should have gone with black.

I also agree it's a baffling choice to put it up on x-mas eve. They're cutting out a massive percentage of their potential customers by doing so.

It's likely due to strength requirements. Crystal clear plastic is a lot more brittle than non-clear plastic. Still… it does look like ****. If they had to do a stand out of plastic and it couldn't be clear for fear of breakage, then they should have gone with black.

I also agree it's a baffling choice to put it up on x-mas eve. They're cutting out a massive percentage of their potential customers by doing so.

SSC will steal 80% of the orders.

You know, due to shipping ThreeA might actually make more money on the orders sold through SSC. Usually stuff on SSC is slightly more than on bambaland and that /doesn't/ include free shipping which for something the size of Ray isn't a small thing. I doubt that's why they're putting it up on xmas. Ash is directly in charge of everything the company does and thus does some weird **** sometimes.

They will make more maybe per RAY, but in bulk SSC will get most of the orders due to flex pay. $490 up front is ****ing retarded before Christmas.

Agreed, but they also still make money through SSC and what I was saying is even after SSC's cut they might end up still making more money on the SSC sales than the bambaland sales due to the included shipping on bambaland.

Yeah no doubt, it's a really weird and stupid thing… even as someone who has no interest in buying it it both confounds and kinda irritates me for how nonsensical it is.

They were smart to shut down their forum, or they would have been flooded with inquiries right now that Gimbat wouldn't want to answer.

I think they just screwed up. The installed some new software, moved to a new domain, and accidentally deleted the forum? Something like that.

Liquidddddd
Screenshot2013-12-23at112747PM.png

.... I'm still waiting in hope that someone would make a decent 1/48 Old Snake

Ironically ThreeA's forum was like the most unhelpful place to ask questions :lol. They keep design aspects so closely guarded, and they just assume that no one will have the brains to formulate inquiries. Most of the info (or issues) with REX, including: paint scheme, unarticulated head, etc, were only revealed because some of the MGS fans there pressed Gimbat relentlessly for information.

And if you question the establishment you get perma-banned :rock

The ThreeA threads aren't meant to question the establishment. It's all supposed to be endless pages of worship and nothing else.

As for being banned, you got the last laugh :lol. They don't even have their crummy forum anymore.

The ThreeA threads aren't meant to question the establishment. It's all supposed to be endless pages of worship and nothing else.

As for being banned, you got the last laugh :lol. They don't even have their crummy forum anymore.

And I can make a triumphant return to that hipster ****** place :devil

Back