Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe all the holdups were after preorder werent they? Didnt they have us preorder on end proto then just take forever just to show us paint for rex? I might be mistaken i guess...........

sent from a tormented past

Correct. When the proto was teased in HK they never announced the pre-order for years after as it was never ready.

The delays were with the production side of it after the pre-order.

Not to say the Ray pre-order won't get put back.

:slap

Co-co-co-combo breaker! I knew this one was coming!
1377172_720198411329145_1876974589_n.jpg

Is it just me or does he look a bit flat?
Reminds me of that Jewbilee face thing that wanted the macaroni pictures from southpark.

Still a must have.
:p

Is it just me or does he look a bit flat?
Reminds me of that Jewbilee face thing that wanted the macaroni pictures from southpark.

Still a must have.
:p

It could be just because of the angle and the eye patch creating that illusion thingy for us.. cant really tell without seeing from another angle tho :lol

Cut the arms off, put them back on, right arm i still a bit ragged at top of the shoulder but thats just something that can be neatened at a later date.

I've went for an easy pose, one which should of been very basic and is not possible with the stock figure.

Arms bent in with 1 leg slightly in front of the other so he looks more nimble.

f4wn.jpg

7wa4.jpg

f9wh.jpg

cy92.jpg

0dmr.jpg

I quite like it

So, there's one Solid Snake PAK figure, versus how many Big Boss figures??

And some people here wouldn't hesitate to argue, whenever I mention that Kojima has abandoned Snake for Big Boss...

Myeah, the unpainted prototype doesn't look bad.. but two Big Boss figures in a row? Not a fan.

Solid Snake deserves more attention indeed.

In one of the HideoBlog podcasts they said that it's KojiPro who goes to Square Enix and asks them to make these. Really annoys me. With this one, it means we've had 7 BB figures: Jungle, Sneaking, Battle, Premium Battle, Zero, Ground Zeros, Phantom Pain. 5 Raiden figures. C'mon kojiPro, quick milking the same characters and give us more variety.

Think of this, there have been more Kaz versions than Solid Snakes. WTF.

Konami and Kojima hate Snake, it can't be anymore obvious. The only Snake merch I got is the two McFarlanes, the two 6inch Medicoms, RAH Old Snake and PAK Snake.

David Hayter is an awesome Snake voice. But i dont relate to Solid at all. MGS was a great game but all the time he was a pawn, so you never really felt like a badass especially since you were encouraged to stay hidden otherwise most of the time you end up dying. When you play MGS2 you see cool little bits of plisken here and there but playing as Raiden you are far more capable on the battlefield (because of the jump to ps2). Then in MGS4 he is a old has been and everybody else around him seemed cooler and more relevant. TEAM BIG BOSS!

Konami and Kojima hate Snake, it can't be anymore obvious. The only Snake merch I got is the two McFarlanes, the two 6inch Medicoms, RAH Old Snake and PAK Snake.

mcfarlane mgs1: solid original, solid silver, solid variant
mcfarlane mgs2: solid original
medicom mgs1&4: udf old snake standing, udf old snake crouching, udf old snake facemask, udf old snake crouching variant, udf old snake standing OD, old snake RAH, old snake RAH variant, kubrick solid, kubrick solid variant, kubrick old snake, kubrick old snake variant
yamato mgs1&2: konami doll solid, minifig solid, minifig solid variant
PAK: solid snake
snake bobblehead
kotobukiya: snake figure in the model kit
3A: old snake figure
solid snake resin kit
old snake resin kit

these are every figure i can think of of solid snake offered. i think this is a bunch of iterations. :hi5: thats 24 of them.

David Hayter is an awesome Snake voice. But i dont relate to Solid at all. MGS was a great game but all the time he was a pawn, so you never really felt like a badass especially since you were encouraged to stay hidden otherwise most of the time you end up dying. When you play MGS2 you see cool little bits of plisken here and there but playing as Raiden you are far more capable on the battlefield (because of the jump to ps2). Then in MGS4 he is a old has been and everybody else around him seemed cooler and more relevant. TEAM BIG BOSS!

Agreed man, I might put this statement as my sig haha

Back