Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bunch of these smaller scale figures (Revoltech, Figma, SH Figuarts) are getting my attention. That Raiden looks neat. Pre ordered it along with the Revoltech Snake.

Did they reopen preorders for snake? Theres still so many left at retailers sitting at retail prices. Weird. Any domestic retailers got raiden up for preorder yet?

sent from a tormented past

Yeah these revos are a little toony but i feel like this one is more accurate than the pak. Especially with the visor halfs on each side of his head. This is the perfect example of a figure that needs this joint treatment. I cant wait to have this on display with the other 5 raidens. Well, 5 after i score a blue raiden. His feet are sick. They look like they can hold his weapons no problem.

Wow, that Raiden looks lewd (yes, I had to use that word) .. fine fine, he looks cool!

We really do need more Metal Gear Solid characters. Gray Fox anyone? The rest of the Desperado bosses? Blade Wolf should be easy and necessary, Sam is also a necessity. Would also love to see Mistral and the rest.

Id love the Desperado team and Armstrong. And both Bladewolfs!

I also really want the Ninja from MGS2 in PAK. I only noticed a few weeks ago that the regular machete wielding cyborg bad guys in MGR had the same "head" design.

Id love the Desperado team and Armstrong. And both Bladewolfs!

I also really want the Ninja from MGS2 in PAK. I only noticed a few weeks ago that the regular machete wielding cyborg bad guys in MGR had the same "head" design.

Damn that never occurred to me, you're right.

Theres probably a ton of stuff in MGR thats references. But its just that kind of game where once you master all the moves you breeze passed everything and dont take time to soak it all in. Hopefully a website will pop up some day, or an in depth video review by a hardcore Metal Gear nerd with a list

You mean olga? I would have to say that there would be other more important characters to make a pak of. If they made an olga ninja then there should be an iriquois plissken. They were both ruses of a main character.

I think a PAK Vamp and Olga-Ninja are a must!

Had a repose, tried to get Raiden in the " watermelon" slice from the Revoltek figure (which is also the same pose you are in for a few seconds after you Slice Sam when he fails to hold your HF blade between his hands after he catches it). but i couldnt get the sword down, so went for a pose... im not sure what it is. And Black Raiden is just standing like a boss.

6o3u.jpg

8uls.jpg

beye.jpg

qmld.jpg

pyrp.jpg

tyn9.jpg

kmna.jpg

wcv2.jpg

My figure count is lower than it was a few weeks ago. I felt now was as good a time to shake up my collection. Sold a few of my RE figures to pay off RE 4 HT Ada, and a spare head and body for a custom re2 ada. Also paid for Liquid and MGS2 Raiden PAK and 4 custom base Decals for them (mgs 1 ninja/liquid & mgs2 solidus/raiden). Really cant wait for MGS2 Raiden. Have no intention of displaying his non masked head though.

Nice. Id hate to see you get rid of one of your customs though. Whatd you get rid of if you dont mind? Im displaying raiden with his normal head because i want the characters in my cabinet to look like they do originally in the games. I was contemplating buying an extra solidus and raiden to display the extra looks just like i did with my peacewalker set and variants. Maybe i will. Someone in ny on ebay had soliduss shipped for under $100.

Nice. Id hate to see you get rid of one of your customs though. Whatd you get rid of if you dont mind?
Well, over the last few weeks (including getting Rex) i sold BSAA Chris, STARS Chris, STARS Jill, Battlesuit Jill
Kiva, how did you get your visor so orange?
Thats just how it came, lucky dip of the PAK Raidens. The head that came with my Black raiden had yellow'ish hair, and the head with my White had silver (though ive swapped them over in the pictures)

I wish it was intentional so when we bought them we were happy over what variant we got

Ah right my bad. The original art work must cost some serious £££

The Ashley Wood stuff was fairly reasonable until his popularity blew up and he started putting works in high profile galleries.
As for the Yoji stuff I have never seen any actual works for sale bar prints (like the charity stuff sold off from rising/mgs4 that were titled originals but were still prints) and con sketches.

I have been playing MGS3 over the weekend and i'm already on the bit where you C3 the hod. Got me thinking cut scenes/coded aside the game is damn short but i'm enjoying it. Such a deep game. But boy those controls are out dated and got me cursing the Fury like a motherchucker trying to aim in first. Manual reload also!

I have been playing MGS3 over the weekend and i'm already on the bit where you C3 the hod. Got me thinking cut scenes/coded aside the game is damn short but i'm enjoying it. Such a deep game. But boy those controls are out dated and got me cursing the Fury like a motherchucker trying to aim in first. Manual reload also!

You don't need to aim in FPV for the Fury fight. Just run up to him with a weapon of your choice and use L1 to run and gun, he'll be dead in less than 30 seconds on normal difficulty. MGS3 had the easiest boss fights in the series.

There was no reason whatsoever for that remark. In the context you put it, it comes off as racist.

Personally I see no malice in the original statement and more an observation. People are too quick to play the racism card these days.

I've also observed this in Beijing and in the UK near the Chinese college. Me and a mate were having a few (many) beers and were sat next to these two Chinese lads who were tucking into two main meals. They were piled high and the chaps were stick thin. Makes sense now.

Back