Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my Play Arts Kai solidus snake.
zusaqu8e.jpg

Sent from Shadow Moses by codec.

Off topic, but still within MGS subject matter - can anyone recommend a decent 1/6 camo. I want to get the Hot Toys Snake, but I'm not loving the suit he comes with. Any suggestions/examples would be appreciated!

I saw a super accurate Tiger Stripe on eBay once. Regretted not getting it. Maybe you should ask the experts on the customs board?

Why would you not get Solidus?
Is one of the most gorgeous PAK figures ever released, I mean: DAT SNAKE ARMS.

Another off topic too but guys, need your advice:
I finally got a Medicom RAH Raiden figure. Amazing piece of work except for the known mobility issues. The thing is: The visor broke. Not the visor itself but the little legs on the sides and part of the main piece which I manage to retrieve. Do you know if it/how can be fixed/glued? Can the head be deattached and stuff? I have a huge assembling problems in terms of skill

I was just having this conversation as I'm getting him very soon! Mine had several defects as well! Plissken & WellCQCaboutthat helped me out on what to be cautious for.

I love my Play Arts Kai solidus snake.

Some say he's better than Raiden, what do you say Jason? Too bad I can't afford him at the moment. :mad:

I was just having this conversation as I'm getting him very soon! Mine had several defects as well! Plissken & WellCQCaboutthat helped me out on what to be cautious for.

Well I got mine, and as I said, the visor broke like in itself, but everything else is just perfect since it came brand new sealed.

So if you havent yours yet...then watch out for the visor pegs :C
Im still waiting for any tip regading that issue please ^^

Well I got mine, and as I said, the visor broke like in itself, but everything else is just perfect since it came brand new sealed.

How much you bought him for btw?

You still haven't posted any pictures. I don't know how you expect people to help you out just by word of mouth. Post some pictures and maybe youll get some answers. I'm damn good at fixing stuff if you post a picture I might have a pretty good idea.

You still haven't posted any pictures. I don't know how you expect people to help you out just by word of mouth. Post some pictures and maybe youll get some answers. I'm damn good at fixing stuff if you post a picture I might have a pretty good idea.

"Damn good at fixiing stuff" made my excitement rise to godlike levels
gonna post pictures once I have decent light, over here winter is chaos and I can't take good pictures yet D:

im glad to see you guys are getting some good deals on this medi raiden figure. his retail was $165, so if you come near $100 of that youre still looking pretty good. no way im paying $400+ for this beautiful piece of crap. the hard part to accept for many is the fact that there is inevitable repairs on these things and you have to come to grips with that going into it. most want a mint/complete one and thats just not going to happen anymore unless you pay the highest prices. id rather buy a damaged one and fix it myself any day of the week just to get the best possible deal.

So is there any chance on a reissue of these two? It's driving me mad!!!:gah: I would happily pay around $100 for each but these ebay prices are just ridiculous. Does Square Enix hate money or something? why no re-release on these two?!?!? Surely they have to know what they are going for on the aftermarket. Also I'm abit drunk and have been posing my PAK's, does anyone else like the way they smell? it's a weird distinctive odor on these guys that I kinda enjoy...

So is there any chance on a reissue of these two? It's driving me mad!!!:gah: I would happily pay around $100 for each but these ebay prices are just ridiculous. Does Square Enix hate money or something? why no re-release on these two?!?!? Surely they have to know what they are going for on the aftermarket. Also I'm abit drunk and have been posing my PAK's, does anyone else like the way they smell? it's a weird distinctive odor on these guys that I kinda enjoy...

1. No word of a reissue just yet, it also seems unlikely too at the moment.

2. The authentic ones do smell like good plastic. I like the smell of Hot Toys better though. I remember my whole room smelled of the DX09 when the first night I got him.

3. Being drunk and posing PAK figures don't go well together. :lol

I would be over the moon if they resculpted solid snakes face before a reissue. That's not gonna happen though. I am sure they will rerelease them, since by the looks of it they're the most popular figures by far.

Also I hope it makes em realise people want SOLID SNAKE!

I would be over the moon if they resculpted solid snakes face before a reissue. That's not gonna happen though. I am sure they will rerelease them, since by the looks of it they're the most popular figures by far.

Also I hope it makes em realise people want SOLID SNAKE!

Hmm let's see, all the version of Solid Snake (minus kubricks) we have so far are:

1. MGS1 Mcfarlane 1999 with variants.
2. MGS2 Mcfarlane 2001.
3. MGS2 Yamato trading figure with variants.
3. Yamato 1/6 scale figure 2002.
5. MGS2 Medicom 6" figure.
6. 2012 PAK.

All of them have issues and my favorite has to be the 1/6 Yamato as it's best of them all.

Yamato trading figure is the only one to not dissapoint imo. PAK is soooo close to perfection its very annoying

My fave figure is the MGS3 medicom Snake, its closest to Shinkawa art methinks.

Anyway MGS is getting more merch than ever and it doesnt look like its slowing down so theres more chance of the Snake figure ive been waiting for!

Yamato trading figure is the only one to not dissapoint imo. PAK is soooo close to perfection its very annoying

My fave figure is the MGS3 medicom Snake, its closest to Shinkawa art methinks.

Anyway MGS is getting more merch than ever and it doesnt look like its slowing down so theres more chance of the Snake figure ive been waiting for!

I agree, the Yamato Tradings figures were damn good!

I'll be happy once we get a proper MGS2 Snake, preferable in 1/6 scale. My favorite is also the Medicom, closely followed by the 1/6 Yamato. It's funny the only accurate Snake we ever got was the PAK Peace Walker line.

Is it just me or are you guys confused between snake and big boss?

I was listing all the versions of Solid Snake, Jason. Those that I listed were all the versions that I know of. If I was wrong or if the list was incomplete, do correct me.

As for ZombieRepublican's post, well, he probably mentioned his overall favorite Snake, which prompts me to agree that the 12" Medicom (Big Boss) is my favorite too. But that doesn't have anything to do with my original list of Solid Snakes though. That list still stands.

Last edited:
I was listing all the versions of Solid Snake, Jason. Those that I listed were all the versions that I know of. If I was wrong or if the list was incomplete, do correct me.

MGS4 Solid Snake 6" Medicom series 1 and 2
MGS2 Snake "Pliskin" Yamato

Those are just off the top of my head, there may be others.

Back