Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more food for though on the head-sculpts. Here's a comparison of the McFarlane and Play Arts figures of Solidus, compared to the Solidus's face from MGS 2. It's really interesting how far the designs have progressed throughout the years.

Solidus_snake_on_AG.jpg

mgs2_solidus_photo_01_dl.jpg

playartskaisolidus13.jpg

I can't say that I really dig the Play Arts head-sculpt though. It reminds me too much of Souther from Fist of the North Star (minus the facial hair):

0final_souther.png

I like the PAK sculpt, but it's far from being accurate. It's more based on Naked Snake PAK sculpt but older.

I think Shinkawa watched some anime before designing the PAK figures :lol. He's gotta be drawing his inspiration from somewhere with the new designs.

Dang... I am so close to opening my McFarlane MGS 2 Solidus figure and posing it side-by-side with my PAK Solidus. Must resist the urge.

Dang... I am so close to opening my McFarlane MGS 2 Solidus figure and posing it side-by-side with my PAK Solidus. Must resist the urge.

Have those gone up in value at all? You might be keeping it in a plastic prison for no reason :dunno

Maybe... the prices on Ebay have dropped significantly since the PAK figure was released.

I'm looking at buying a 3A Rex but I couldn't find a thread for that item on the board, I was wondering if there has been any issues with the item for those who do have one?

And is the only difference between the Retail version and the non-Retail version the mini Big Boss?

I'm looking at buying a 3A Rex but I couldn't find a thread for that item on the board, I was wondering if there has been any issues with the item for those who do have one?

And is the only difference between the Retail version and the non-Retail version the mini Big Boss?

mini OLD SNAKE, shadow of old snake on box next to rex, poster. some have had a gap in the mouth. some have had a piece missing. some have had the rail gun fire on its own or not at all. there are a lot of positions that rex cant support its on weight so it has to be propped or supported artificially. overall it is a grail piece but there are things that people might not find game accurate. there should be 2 antennae on the radome. blue unnecessary lighting. no side to side head movement.
when taking it out of the box watch how you take it out of the foam casing. youll have to rotate his hip joints 90 degrees to make them correct. also, when attaching the antenna on the radome be very careful, use small twists with minimal pressure because people have snapped the peg off. when using the railgun, there is 1 extra snap point on the arm which requires you to bend/curve the piston in order to get to it. if you dont then itll look like its floppy and cant support it.
hope this helps!:hi5::1-1::nana: btw bbts has em for 600, im sure the delivery is roughly $50.

Some more food for though on the head-sculpts. Here's a comparison of the McFarlane and Play Arts figures of Solidus, compared to the Solidus's face from MGS 2. It's really interesting how far the designs have progressed throughout the years.

Solidus_snake_on_AG.jpg

mgs2_solidus_photo_01_dl.jpg

playartskaisolidus13.jpg

I can't say that I really dig the Play Arts head-sculpt though. It reminds me too much of Souther from Fist of the North Star (minus the facial hair):

0final_souther.png

:exactly:

The Mcfarlane Solidus was also surprisingly articulate for a Mcfarlane too.

The constant, stubborn releases of all these redesigned headsculpts seems to be based on the non-existing Metal Gear Solid: the Animated Series. :lol

After waiting two lifetimes, Solidus arrived yesterday.
Howdy doody what a figure! Bloody awesome presence!

But dang were those tentacle things at the chest hard to get round to make em slung over the collar?!?!?!?

mini OLD SNAKE, shadow of old snake on box next to rex, poster. some have had a gap in the mouth. some have had a piece missing. some have had the rail gun fire on its own or not at all. there are a lot of positions that rex cant support its on weight so it has to be propped or supported artificially. overall it is a grail piece but there are things that people might not find game accurate. there should be 2 antennae on the radome. blue unnecessary lighting. no side to side head movement.
when taking it out of the box watch how you take it out of the foam casing. youll have to rotate his hip joints 90 degrees to make them correct. also, when attaching the antenna on the radome be very careful, use small twists with minimal pressure because people have snapped the peg off. when using the railgun, there is 1 extra snap point on the arm which requires you to bend/curve the piston in order to get to it. if you dont then itll look like its floppy and cant support it.
hope this helps!:hi5::1-1::nana: btw bbts has em for 600, im sure the delivery is roughly $50.

Thanks for that, very extensive!

I'm looking at one on eBay right now that's a little bit cheaper than the BBTS one, it is a lot of money though and I am doing some serious thought over it as I know it's going to be one of those items that shoots up in price over night!

After waiting two lifetimes, Solidus arrived yesterday.
Howdy doody what a figure! Bloody awesome presence!

But dang were those tentacle things at the chest hard to get round to make em slung over the collar?!?!?!?

Man SO hard. I actually thought i was just going have to deal with it being turned the wrong way around (mine was facing forward instead of back over his shoulder.) I tried dipping it water, hairdryer, job lot.

I had to put on a pair of marigolds (no joke) and twist it with all my might and it made a SNAP, i though it'd snapped the tentacle clean off but it loosened the joint.. scary stuff

Last edited:
I recently changed my McFarlane display up and I had to remove the tentacles too, goddamn that was tough. I thought I was bending the plastic it too so much force but they finally popped off.

Day of the tentacle ey?
Bloody sweet figure and I now see why it commanded the higher price tag.

Man all I need now is a god damned red ninja so I can display with Fox's face for all to see and weapon arm thing.

GOD DAMN YOU JESUS WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!?!?!?

Day of the tentacle ey?
Bloody sweet figure and I now see why it commanded the higher price tag.

Man all I need now is a god damned red ninja so I can display with Fox's face for all to see and weapon arm thing.

GOD DAMN YOU JESUS WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!?!?!?

Your gonna be looking at some serious cash for it, especially in the UK. If you don't mind paying alot, i'd just drop the money for it ASAP because it's only going to get more expensive

Your gonna be looking at some serious cash for it, especially in the UK. If you don't mind paying alot, i'd just drop the money for it ASAP because it's only going to get more expensive

Words of Wisdom.

It's starting rate was 150$ and in a flash was up to 200$.

Back