Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah to the nose. youre right plis. just got to my solidus. it to the chin, you have to dip his head in solidus fashion to get it to the nose.

Yeah and his head can't really move around in the collar like he can in the game. It just needs to be slightly bigger and higher.

I just love that Solidus has the exact same face as Solid.

Anyway, as good as the PAK is, the Mcfarlane one isn't without it's charm. :)

mgs2solidusphoto04dp.jpg

Me too. I miss the grizzled look Snake had in MGS2. Kojima's rationale was to make Solidus look like a middle aged Solid. I still love their confrontation on the connecting bridge to Shell 2.

[ame]https://youtu.be/gZC_-vXWjcw[/ame]

Solid and Liquid have their mother's looks as well and aren't directly copied from Big Boss. They have the Japanese genes of Para-medic's assistant and Big Boss.

Solidus somehow is a direct clone of Big Boss and his rate of aging was much faster than Solid and Liquid since he was already a grown man in the 80's in Liberia when he trained Raiden.

It's odd that Solidus's origins are never explained further than that. It would make for an interesting story some time in the future. I hope Kojima touches on it.

Anyway, as good as the PAK is, the Mcfarlane one isn't without it's charm. :)

mgs2solidusphoto04dp.jpg

Not at all it was one of the best mcfarlene did!

I prefer much prefer the body proportions PAK are all way too beefcake

It's odd that Solidus's origins are never explained further than that. It would make for an interesting story some time in the future. I hope Kojima touches on it.

Yeah, Naomi didn't give any insight to that really. It's all here-say for Solidus's origins. But we do know, he's the youngest but physical has aged the oldest :dunno

I figured I'd show a figure that gets no love on this forum.

Nah, I love em! Too bad I was stupid enough to sell them years back.

Here's something I made just now for all of you. Now Hot Toys/Square Enix, can you pleeeeease use this pic for reference?

greenshot20130403234904.jpg

Yeah, Naomi didn't give any insight to that really. It's all here-say for Solidus's origins. But we do know, he's the youngest but physical has aged the oldest :dunno

I mean, we still don't know how he was created as a perfect clone. Big Mamma told Solid Snake in MGS 4 that even clones need to be born from a mother's womb (or something along that manner). That's where my confusion lies. Somehow, Solidus ended up being the exception to that rule.

Nah, I love em! Too bad I was stupid enough to sell them years back.

Here's something I made just now for all of you. Now Hot Toys/Square Enix, can you pleeeeease use this pic for reference?

greenshot20130403234904.jpg

Well according to some people Hot Toys wouldn't be able to use this as reference because of the graphics... that's just so stupid I don't even know how to respond to that statement anymore.

I hate they retconned this look :slap

I mean, we still don't know how he was created as a perfect clone. Big Mamma told Solid Snake in MGS 4 that even clones need to be born from a mother's womb (or something along that manner). That's where my confusion lies. Somehow, Solidus ended up being the exception to that rule.

Well I wouldn't say he was an exception, maybe there is a mother? I can't see him being grown in a vat like a monster. Maybe GZ/TPP will elaborate on Les Enfants Terribles.

Also Jason, I'm gonna re-buy those Yamato figures and display them just like this, the acrylic case really adds towards the look for me:

figuresw.jpg

Also Jason, I'm gonna re-buy those Yamato figures and display them just like this, the acrylic case really adds towards the look for me:

figuresw.jpg

Those two series of figures will always be something I want to get but I just don't have cash or room to get them :crying

Well according to some people Hot Toys wouldn't be able to use this as reference because of the graphics... that's just so stupid I don't even know how to respond to that statement anymore.

Yeah, that's some of the dumbest statements I've heard yet. A Japanese member here PMed me some months ago, asking me to email him my pics. He's going to sculpt a 1/6 head based on this. I hope he does it!

Those two series of figures will always be something I want to get but I just don't have cash or room to get them :crying

How much are they worth in the States? These have bootlegs too, in case anyone here doesn't know.

Yeah, that's some of the dumbest statements I've heard yet. A Japanese member here PMed me some months ago, asking me to email him my pics. He's going to sculpt a 1/6 head based on this. I hope he does it!

Not sure if we're talking about the same guy, but someone PMd me a couple months back and sent me a bunch of pics he got from you for me to have it sculpted...I wonder if it's the same guy I forget his username.

Well I wouldn't say he was an exception, maybe there is a mother? I can't see him being grown in a vat like a monster. Maybe GZ/TPP will elaborate on Les Enfants Terribles.

Hopefully. Imagine if he was birthed from an artificial womb - perhaps even a Metal Gear AI :lol.

I'd jump on that in a second!

How much are they worth in the States? These have bootlegs too, in case anyone here doesn't know.

Eh, I haven't looked in eBay in a while. But they would sell maybe one series for over 100$. I've never seen both series in the same listing before.

Back