Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Koto Rex looks pretty damn cool. I was really into building MG Gunpla a couple of years ago. I might have to dive back in just for that release.

I think this build will be the equivalent of any Bandai Master Grade. I think it's got 400 or more pieces which sounds like more work than it really is.

I don't mind the flat factory colored mold of it now, since some of the photos had it blazing white or really dark charcoal. This medium gray works for me :clap

Where can i get this ? is this the 3a rex?

Aw man... I didn't know it required paint and assembly... Already ordered... ah well, it'll serve as a nice collectible. :)

Too bad I'm too busy working on my custom Vulcan Raven, Rex's box will be collecting dusts for a while!

Below are some shots of it, comments and feedback welcome. :)

2012-12-04204238_zpse18705c3.jpg

2012-12-04204357_zps0904acda.jpg

2012-12-04204418_zps27ebb3d1.jpg

2012-12-04204433_zps0c7ed213.jpg

2012-12-18191507_zpsc0135679.jpg

2012-12-18191535_zpsad2f1bf8.jpg

Still a long way to go... Have to work on the ammo barrel on his back... perhaps I'll use a cola can as a base to work on...? hmm.

Last edited:
I've been trying to post and share images of a custom 1/6 Vulcan Raven for days now and it's never showing up... Are the admins asleep or something? I even emailed them, but got no reply...

I don't know what it is but I seen you posted in this thread but it took about 5 minutes for me to be able to see it :dunno

Sucks, it would be neat if I could show you the pics. Would love some feedback from you guys.

Sucks, it would be neat if I could show you the pics. Would love some feedback from you guys.

And you've contacted mods about it? It seems pretty weird you would have so much trouble. When I first signed up I couldn't post immediately.

I think this build will be the equivalent of any Bandai Master Grade. I think it's got 400 or more pieces which sounds like more work than it really is.

I don't mind the flat factory colored mold of it now, since some of the photos had it blazing white or really dark charcoal. This medium gray works for me :clap

Looking at the photos of the kit pieces and manual I would say it looks to be more like somewhere in between an HG and a MG as far as difficulty is concerned. The pieces look large and simplistic. Seems like it will be very easy to build and paint. Would probably be a great kit for beginners I imagine. I'll have to pick this up next time the anime convention rolls around my area.

And you've contacted mods about it? It seems pretty weird you would have so much trouble. When I first signed up I couldn't post immediately.

Yeah, 6 days ago and again today... Anyways, long story short, I'm working on a 1/6 Vulcan Raven based on resin statues here and there. Those resin metal gear solid 1/6 model kits (you can find some on ebay) lack Vulcan Raven, and Decoy Octopus... so thought I'd build Vulcan Raven myself. :) Was hoping to share some pics for feedback.

Yeah, 6 days ago and again today... Anyways, long story short, I'm working on a 1/6 Vulcan Raven based on resin statues here and there. Those resin metal gear solid 1/6 model kits (you can find some on ebay) lack Vulcan Raven, and Decoy Octopus... so thought I'd build Vulcan Raven myself. :) Was hoping to share some pics for feedback.

Between HG and MG is a good theory since this most likely won't have a inner frame like MG but will have twice the pieces of a HG.

Gonna try again... Below are work in progress pics of my custom 1/6 Vulcan Raven resin model... Still a lot of work to do, and still need to work on the ammo barrel... thinking of using a soda can as a base to work on.

Comments and feedback appreciated! :)

20121204204238.jpg

20121204204433.jpg

20121204204418.jpg

20121204204357.jpg

20121204204304.jpg

20121218191535.jpg

20121218191507.jpg

Tried again, nothing. It says Admins will review and approve. Been 6 days already. Any other forums out there where one shares custom MGS stuff? This one's getting on my nerves.

Tried again, nothing. It says Admins will review and approve. Been 6 days already. Any other forums out there where one shares custom MGS stuff? This one's getting on my nerves.

Can you create threads? I would do it in the one help section of the forum.

Back