Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe how time passes. I remember when LimToys dropped their Ahab proto pics and the hype was real for what they could do with the rest of the Metal Gear IP. I guess the dream was not to be. : (
I wish a GameToys or Rocket Toys-level company would surface for Metal Gear figures. I only have two grails: FFXII Balthier (who I hope GameToys tackles) and Old Snake. If a MGS4 remake is what it takes to get him, then I hope the rumor you mentioned is true. 🤞

Well, the latest surveys suggest we might get MGS4 / r Raiden so who knows, it's a bummer he's not got the octocamo mask but I only run MGS2 Snake. Who knows, we might get 3rd party support if the rumors of the mgs4 remaster are true.

I'm still waiting on Lim's MGS2 Snake, I know somebody else did one, but it's not what I was after.

I skipped out on that Zii productions figure. Didn’t like the texture of the suit, nor the proportions of the body.

I skipped out on that Zii productions figure. Didn’t like the texture of the suit, nor the proportions of the body.
I don't mind it, but I really want one with a texture like the Fortnite Snake, personally. That durable almost canvas suit so there's no chance of ripping down the road and that subtle weathering which you can't really see in this pic. I know it's not as accurate...maybe, but I prefer it. It's strange there's only one third party option AFAIK, considering how expensive MGS stuff gets second hand you'd think they'd jump on that train ASAP.

Attachments

• fortnite-solid-snake-outfit-1920x1080-92930be93f6a.jpg
    fortnite-solid-snake-outfit-1920x1080-92930be93f6a.jpg
    1,007.1 KB · Views: 0
Konami happens to be very litigious, so maybe that has something to do with the lack of third-party releases. The Zii figure came as a surprise. But, at this point, I’d only believe that MGS figures are happening when they actually ship. There’s been promises of a game-accurate MGS 2 Snake in this thread since Firejclawjack started posting renders in 2017. Since then, nothing has materialized.

It's a shame, I know lim posted some blurred stuff as recently as last year, but still nothing. It's bizarre, you'd think they'd stop teasing us at this point. Unless the suit material is that high of a contention point?

I think they need to stop hyping things so much, building expectation, and not delivering after… years. I remember in 2022, the Lim representative on this board spoke of the manufacturing speed of their recently commissioned plant, and they seemed to have the suit material figured out.

But, until they actually deliver on something - all of the blurred image renders and company hyping is just a proverbial carrot on a stick and a waste of everyone’s time to keep paying attention to them.

Looks promising, I didn’t know Frank was still taking commissions for the heads. Are you planning to use the 1/6 Konami vest or are you sticking with the vest you currently have?

As for painting, there were a few guys here who primed and hand-painted the pieces. I’d probably save dry brushing for weathering details.

Looks promising, I didn’t know Frank was still taking commissions for the heads. Are you planning to use the 1/6 Konami vest or are you sticking with the vest you currently have?

As for painting, there were a few guys here who primed and hand-painted the pieces. I’d probably save dry brushing for weathering details.
Yea he still has a couple laying around and is still working on mgs material. He posted about doing a full ocelot (mgs2,mgs3) this year so that’s promising.
I wanted to ideally use the Konami vest, but with the M 33 body swap, it’s not as feasible specially with the front closure. The vest the figure has on now is a 3-D print the same with the boots as well as the belt and holster that are coming soon. I don’t know if I want to completely paint over the 3-D printed pieces because I do like the subtle shine and the detailing of the print so that’s why I thought dry brushing would be the best course of action.

Not that I wouldn't like it, but I'm honestly tired of Big Boss figures, we need more Solid.
I agree with this, I’d like to see more solid snake or any other character. Maybe a better PW figure for big boss but I think we’re good on big boss for awhile. I’d love to see an updated Raiden from MGS4 OR an Ocelot figure from any of the games

How is that Solid Snake from Zii.PROduction? It looks decent to me but pricy in after market now

Back