Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In short, Konami is doing well in other businesses and to them, gaming industry has low ROI.
So they don't need to do anything at all with the IPs.

You?d think they?d at least sell it if they have no need for them. I?ve never heard of a company hold a beloved IP hostage like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone looking for the best way to experience to play MGS1-3, here's my ranking best to worst. (Yes, I've tested each one).

MGS1.
1. PS1/PS2 with CRT/PVM.
2. PS1/PS2 on HDTV with upscaler (Framemeister/OSSC/Retrotink2x).
3. PS Vita 1000.
4. PS3/PSP/PS Vita 2K (Purchased via PSN).
5. PS1 Emulation on PC.
6. PS Classic Mini.
7. PC.

MGS2.
1. PS2 with CRT/PVM.
2. PS2 on HDTV with upscaler (Framemeister/OSSC/Retrotink2x).
3. PS2 Emulation on PC.
4. HD Edition (PS3/Xbox 360).
5. PS Vita.
6. Original Xbox.
7. PC.

MGS3.
1. PS2 with CRT/PVM.
2. HD Edition (with minor bugs and inaccuracies).
3. PS2 on HDTV with upscaler (Framemeister/OSSC/Retrotink2x).
4. PS2 Emulation on PC.
5. PS Vita.
6. 3DS.

Last edited:
It's truly remarkable what upscalers are capable of doing. Using a PS2 with a Framemeister for MGS 1-3 is my preferred way to play those games since I don't have large-screen CRT anymore. I also think the upscaled trilogy looks much better than the HD Editions, especially when scanlines are enabled. You can even connect a wireless headset (such as the Astro A50 via toslink) to the PS2 and enjoy virtual 5.1 surround sound!

Last edited:
It's truly remarkable what upscalers are capable of doing. Using a PS2 with a Framemeister for MGS 1-3 is my preferred way to play those games since I don't have large-screen CRT anymore. I also think the upscaled trilogy looks much better than the HD Editions, especially when scanlines are enabled. You can even connect a wireless headset (such as the Astro A50 via toslink) to the PS2 and enjoy virtual 5.1 surround sound!

You're right, these games were designed around scanlines, especially MGS1.

YAY My TNS order came through of a DWalker by PCToys.
Plus also from TNS my Raffle Win Aehab S++ by Limtoys.

Now just waiting on my KGHobby AEHAB A++ & S++ order to Arrive. Both sent together so double whammy Once arrives (Hopefully this week).

zzzmgssnake and dwalker.jpg

Not exactly a MGS Collectible here, but I recently picked up a new OLED PS Vita and I've been enjoying the HD Collection on it. It's still the best way to experience MGS 2 and 3 on a handheld. Plus, there's trophy support on the PSN and you also can utilize "Transfarring" to switch between the saved data of your PS3 and the Vita on the fly. It's amazing stuff for an (almost) 10 year old device that was just way ahead of its time.

50395039871_25a9329c6b_b.jpg

You're right, these games were designed around scanlines, especially MGS1.

I remember playing through MGS 1 on my 80GB fat PS3, and while the emulation was good, it just didn't match the visual experience I had on my old CRT! It was until 2017, after I picked up the Framemeister (from your recommendation) that I was able to truly experience MGS 1 all over again as I originally remembered it. Scanlines were just desperately needed for this game, as they just add so much to the visual acuity of the game's pixelated graphics.

Last edited:
Received my S++ Aehab. You cannot fully appreciate the work put into this unless you have it in-hand. The sculpting, the paint, the outfit, the accessories, the box. The detail on the head is impressive. The magnets to hang the weapons on his back are a neat touch. The green lens in the NV goggles is very cool. The horns are a pain though. Could use a right trigger finger hand with a straight wrist. It's not officially licensed and it's one of the best pieces of merchandise to come out of the franchise. I can't wait for "R.P.D. Officer". I'd love to have MGS1 Snake. MGS3 Naked would be great, too.

:clap

Received my S++ Aehab. You cannot fully appreciate the work put into this unless you have it in-hand. The sculpting, the paint, the outfit, the accessories, the box. The detail on the head is impressive. The magnets to hang the weapons on his back are a neat touch. The green lens in the NV goggles is very cool. The horns are a pain though. Could use a right trigger finger hand with a straight wrist. It's not officially licensed and it's one of the best pieces of merchandise to come out of the franchise. I can't wait for "R.P.D. Officer". I'd love to have MGS1 Snake. MGS3 Naked would be great, too.

Totally agree. Lim is really stepping their game up.

Got Limini Aehab and he's great. I do agree about the horn pieces almost lost one and thought I didn't receive the other (found it in the package thankfully) putting them on is annoying. My biggest problem is the leg strap for the holster. The buckle on mine is broke so it continues to come undone when moving the right leg, might have to super glue it.

Well DD was excited to see SNAKE.

zzzmgs snake and dd2.jpgzzzmgs snake and dd4.jpg

Very happy Straight from the box he is near enough the same height as a CRAZYFIGURE (Crazyfigure figure with Mezco Netflix Punisher attire on).

zzzmgssnake crazy.jpg

Also considering comments he could not sit properly. Snake sits well enough to drive the APE T-41LV

zzzmgs snake jeep.jpgzzzmgs snake jeep2.jpgzzzmgs snake jeep3.jpgzzzmgs snake jeep5.jpgzzzmgs snake jeep6.jpg

Honestly if they ever tap MGS3, i would literalyl buy anything. any character from Snake to Sokolov to Para-Medic.
i honestly would love a full MGS collection of limini :lol

also, the MGS4 ending snake, with the tuxedo, and big boss would be a dream. some time ago people used to sell custom old snake heads based on that scene, now they are very rare

Honestly if they ever tap MGS3, i would literalyl buy anything. any character from Snake to Sokolov to Para-Medic.
i honestly would love a full MGS collection of limini :lol

also, the MGS4 ending snake, with the tuxedo, and big boss would be a dream. some time ago people used to sell custom old snake heads based on that scene, now they are very rare

Same here. I?m down for anything MGS1 and 3.

Nice! I recently got both the A++ Aehab and that Neo figure too. I was especially impressed with the Neo- he looks like such a BA when you have all the guns that comes with him attached to him!

Completely blown away by the Aehab Limtoys 1/12 figure.
I've owned a lot of Mezco One:12 figures, and this Limtoys figure easily beats anything Mezco has ever released.
There really isn't a single 1/12 figure on the level of this 1/12 Aehab figure. The level of detail is completely crazy, especially the writings on the bionic arms, the details on the "fleshed" arm with the scars, the whole outfit is crazy, the articulation is top notch (you can even swap the feet to get better articulation), the headsculpt is as good as a 1/6 scale figure.

It's really the first time a 1/12 headsculpt is as incredible as a 1/6 headsculpt. It's CRAZY.
The body is better and has more articulation points than its 1/6 counterpart from Limtoys, they've really upped their game.

There are so many accessories you really don't know what look to go for. I actually didn't have any problem with the horns, it fits perfectly on my figure, but you have to be cautious of course. Only challenge was putting the sticker on the watch, it's SO TINY!

I could go on and on, but man this figure didn't disappoint at all. It's better than what I had expected, it's gigantic. As a fan of MGSV, it's christmas, but even as an appreciator of 1/12 figures, even if you don't like the licence, it's definitely worth it because it's the best 1/12 figure on the market as of 2020.

Figure of the year easily, in 1/12 scale anyway. Congrats Limtoys, can't wait for your other products, you rock.mgsvlimini.jpg

Completely blown away by the Aehab Limtoys 1/12 figure.
I've owned a lot of Mezco One:12 figures, and this Limtoys figure easily beats anything Mezco has ever released.
There really isn't a single 1/12 figure on the level of this 1/12 Aehab figure. The level of detail is completely crazy, especially the writings on the bionic arms, the details on the "fleshed" arm with the scars, the whole outfit is crazy, the articulation is top notch (you can even swap the feet to get better articulation), the headsculpt is as good as a 1/6 scale figure.

It's really the first time a 1/12 headsculpt is as incredible as a 1/6 headsculpt. It's CRAZY.
The body is better and has more articulation points than its 1/6 counterpart from Limtoys, they've really upped their game.

There are so many accessories you really don't know what look to go for. I actually didn't have any problem with the horns, it fits perfectly on my figure, but you have to be cautious of course. Only challenge was putting the sticker on the watch, it's SO TINY!

I could go on and on, but man this figure didn't disappoint at all. It's better than what I had expected, it's gigantic. As a fan of MGSV, it's christmas, but even as an appreciator of 1/12 figures, even if you don't like the licence, it's definitely worth it because it's the best 1/12 figure on the market as of 2020.

Figure of the year easily, in 1/12 scale anyway. Congrats Limtoys, can't wait for your other products, you rock.View attachment 496827

Fantastic figure isn't it from limtoys at 1/12. Glad I have Three of him LOL All that wonderful weapons kit.
What I like is they actually released several Versions so people would Not miss out on at least getting the figure. Then upto you how much extra for All the goodies with their three options for the wallet. I have 2x S++ & 1x A++ I didn't bother with B++.

Oh Ignore Mezco put them on the bottom rung of the ladder.

Mezco is nothing but overpriced tat. Articulation is Constantly questionable, Stitched outfits & Even Glued, I mean COME ON stitched shirts to trousers What are Mezco, MEGO in disguise? Plus what the hell with all this GLUING!!

If you think the Limtoys Aehab is Great, check out CRAZYFIGURE 1/12 Operation Gothic Serpent aka Blackhawk Down line of 6 figures and their new Russians.
Check out Soldier Story 1/12, PCToys, POPToys, COOMODELS, Damtoys etc
They ALL put Mezco to shame.

Fantastic figure isn't it from limtoys at 1/12. Glad I have Three of him LOL All that wonderful weapons kit.
What I like is they actually released several Versions so people would Not miss out on at least getting the figure. Then upto you how much extra for All the goodies with their three options for the wallet. I have 2x S++ & 1x A++ I didn't bother with B++.

Oh Ignore Mezco put them on the bottom rung of the ladder.

Mezco is nothing but overpriced tat. Articulation is Constantly questionable, Stitched outfits & Even Glued, I mean COME ON stitched shirts to trousers What are Mezco, MEGO in disguise? Plus what the hell with all this GLUING!!

If you think the Limtoys Aehab is Great, check out CRAZYFIGURE 1/12 Operation Gothic Serpent aka Blackhawk Down line of 6 figures and their new Russians.
Check out Soldier Story 1/12, PCToys, POPToys, COOMODELS, Damtoys etc
They ALL put Mezco to shame.

Agreed.

Yeah I love all the options they offer, all the accessories you get, but more than that, they are real fans of MGSV. Not just fans, they are Hardcore fans. They know the game by heart. With the Twin Pack they had included life size pictures of the end game pictures, it was crazy. I'm touched by their passion. They add crazy little details, it just blows my mind.
I know all the other companies you named and I'm very impressed by the VeryCool 1/12 female figure with the black outfit, the price is crazy low for the quality.
I'm not a huge fan of PCToys as of now, not a fan of their Neo. Still it's good for the price.

Yeah Mezco is completely overpriced. I'm not even talking about the older figures which reached crazy prices, but even the regular actual releases are too expensive for what they are, given what Mezco offer in the box.

The thing I hate the most is that they offer their own vision of the designs most of the time. They should stick to the original material and pick the right movies/comics/characters. They should come back to the roots, to The Dark Knight Returns. Classic, classy & timeless material. I'm not excited by anything coming from them, except for Predator, if they do release it eventually. One of the rare exceptions this year is the 89 Batman, but it took way too long to come out, and as much as I love the 89 movie, I'm not in love with the design anymore. My favorite design of the last 10 years is Knightmare Batman, as crazy as it may seem. And my overall favorite design is The Dark Knight Returns. I don't care for any other version of Batman. Especially when it's invented by Mezco, like their ascending/sovereign/supreme knights which are garbage to me.

And I'm fed up with the comics universe overall, we've overwhelmed by Marvel & DC, it's not exciting anymore.
So yeah Mezco doesn't have anything that moves me now, and since they're overpricing their figures, it's over for me.

My faith is on Limtoys, so far they are hitting all the buttons and doing exactly what I expect from a toy company. They are true artists, they are hardcore fans, they know what we want, they have the right vision, and they deliver more than anyone else on those scales on the final product.

I still can't believe how crazy good Aehab 1/12 is. You did the right choice getting several of those figures ; ) In 50 years from now, it won't have aged one bit. Top notch product.

On behalf of the team,
DfKuoiD.gif

We're listening to your feedback and will improve int he future!

Back