Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats only paint, the sculpt was great. when we saw it primed it was beautiful.
check out the repaint by zelu on this board, it went from AIDS to accolades:
he actually did the same to mgs2 snake as well:

Actually I did something similar way back in 2012 when the figure was released. I posted it on this thread page305
Resculpted face as well
Also did something for Ninja Cyborg as well HERE

Nothing huge, but here's my latest mgs collectible.

Its really high quality actually. Thought it was going to be plastic but its aluminum with a powdercoated outside and an anodized gold interior. Still some things I'm looking at to get but have been reluctant to grab because it's just not important to me at the moment.
c0176e51fd27c99e09a684d73a610f22.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've been seeing them go for $40 a piece and up opened, I would just wait and buy them on auctions or if people have a full set and they don't know what they're worth. I've even seen people demand those prices when they're missing a gun or a sword or whatever little accessory should have been glued from Factory, people who sell MGS stuff are kind of *******s.

Also, I kind of got ripped on the price on that little bottle. I've been looking for one for a long time and just went on an auction and it ended at $52. So glad it's high quality and not a plastic piece of junk.

Wow I've never seen a Figma snake look that bad. it's scary looking :horror

Kind of thinking about selling all my MGS PAKs in one lot, I just want them all gone (except MGR Raiden because he's so cool). Anyone interested? Would include Solid Snake, Jungle Fatigue PW Boss, MGS 2 Raiden and Liquid.

What happened ryan? Thought i saw a bid on your figures and now i see them up for bin. Did you have a bad buyer?

Oh, some dude bidded on mine and told me he would pay $50 extra if I changed from auction to buy it now. I did so and now he's gone silent. This was yesterday and I'm still waiting. :slap :lol

I also had a freight forwarder bidded last week so I had to block him since anything can happen with a lot of hands involved.

Guys if I was to concentrate on collecting MGS games, is a good starting point the premium edition packages? I know 1,2,3 and 5 have one. MGS 4 has limited edition and one with a 6" figure but not easy to find. Or is it a waste of money and just go for the original game discs without any thrills. Obviously I want to have everything but I can keep myself a bit grounded if I focus on one thing.

Also, is $200 a good price for both MGS 2 and 3 premium packages in very good condition?

EDIT:

I am aware this is mostly for figures but I am sure a lot of you collect the games as well so I hope Im not in the wrong topic :D

Are you saying $200 for the pair of Premium packages? Yeah, I think that's a pretty decent deal. They've really shot up in price

Guys if I was to concentrate on collecting MGS games, is a good starting point the premium edition packages? I know 1,2,3 and 5 have one. MGS 4 has limited edition and one with a 6" figure but not easy to find. Or is it a waste of money and just go for the original game discs without any thrills. Obviously I want to have everything but I can keep myself a bit grounded if I focus on one thing.

Also, is $200 a good price for both MGS 2 and 3 premium packages in very good condition?

I’d say collect based on the game you like the most. MGS has so many collectibles, it would be overwhelming to begin collecting them this late in the game. I thought I’d get everything I could get my hands on many years back, but I slowly fell out of love with the series and would rather focus on the entries I enjoy.

@wellcqcaboutthat

Yea both premium packages together. Besides the games in both, everything else is unopened (the books/music OSt/figure/etc)

@Jameson Rook

I agree. I mean im sure as collectors here you have had that moment when you just decided hey I want to have this for collection. So now Im in that point and I did have previous entries (still have MGS5) but sold em off with the PS3 because then i was just focused on playing, didnt care much about keeping it wich i regret now a bit. That is why I was thinking about the Premium packages, they are a nice little pack and kind of have most what you would want without craving for as you said 5 different region versions of the same title.

I love MGS 4 (i know, controversial) but unfortunately that number has the least editions or thats a good thing? Haha.

Back