Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He had big ideas, and didn't give a rats ass what you think. Today's Kojima is all about fanservice, which not only compromises his artistic integrity, but also devalue him as a man desperately appealing to the times. MGSV will quickly be forgotten in a few years, MGS1 & 2 won't.

I honestly think V is already forgotten. You don't even hear about it anymore, which started around November ish. You're spot on about fan service, which essentially started in MGS4 answering all of MGS2's questions as literal. Just look at Arsenal Gear's "******." It completely and utterly doesn't make sense, but did it anyway. That's the Kojima I want back. Whatever he does for Sony... I just don't care really. He's in his phase of loving the smell of his own farts.

I honestly think V is already forgotten. You don't even hear about it anymore, which started around November ish. You're spot on about fan service, which essentially started in MGS4 answering all of MGS2's questions as literal. Just look at Arsenal Gear's "******." It completely and utterly doesn't make sense, but did it anyway. That's the Kojima I want back. Whatever he does for Sony... I just don't care really. He's in his phase of loving the smell of his own farts.

There is no way to completely explain away MGS2, and that's a good thing. Imagine if someone tried to explain Silent Hill 2. I consider both transcending experiences, and it's the point that matters. MGS2 explained nothing and had a point, MGS4 tried to explain everything but ended up pointless.

I'm still waiting for those MGSV defenders to explain what's the "point" of the whole game. "You're Big Boss and he is you!" "Congrats!" "Now go F yourself!". :dunno

There is no way to completely explain away MGS2, and that's a good thing. Imagine if someone tried to explain Silent Hill 2. I consider both transcending experiences, and it's the point that matters. MGS2 explained nothing and had a point, MGS4 tried to explain everything but ended up pointless.

I'm still waiting for those MGSV defenders to explain what's the "point" of the whole game. "You're Big Boss and he is you!" "Congrats!" "Now go F yourself!". :dunno

Silent Hill 2 and MGS2 are dripping in depth. MGS died when it stopped having symbolic and social narrative themes. MGS4, PW, MGSV just went through the motions. There's nothing to take away from them at all.

Clinical terms of the anatomy is not allowed. This site, just like me, is so mature. :lecture

But yeah, that whole area of Arsenal is nonsense. But the symbolism of it is, as you probably know, that it stood for GW's "deletion" of information. Which would be Raiden in this case. I mean the whole structure of Arsenal is named after the digestive tract. Very simple names, truly speak volumes. It's little things like that that really put Kojima back then on the cutting edge of writing.

But yeah, that whole area of Arsenal is nonsense. But the symbolism of it is, as you probably know, that it stood for GW's "deletion" of information. Which would be Raiden in this case. I mean the whole structure of Arsenal is named after the digestive tract. Very simple names, truly speak volumes. It's little things like that that really put Kojima back then on the cutting edge of writing.

I agree. Plus the whole information control angle really is relevant, doubly more so today.

Well, too bad the closest thing we got to a r ectum is Quiet's butt-to-camera action.

7583c90eacd71cd7eed57420ac5843d0.gif

I think MGS might be one of those franchises that was truly ruined by its fans, in all honesty. If not everything as a whole.

Well put. RE suffered the same fate. If I knew then what I knew now, I wouldn't of wanted him doing anything after MGS2.

RE's only thing was that its creators did not result in a huge mess of things, while we can clearly say that is not the case for MGS. And that RE4 (5 as well) brought in a new generation of fans who simply do not know what RE is, evident by the people who adore Chris's campaign. Not sure which MGS game brought in a new generation, 4?

Yeah, we got a bus load of Henrys with that one where they got into the series with cutscenes and give lectures on social media that they know what makes MGS good.

Peace Walker.

This. I remember it vividly, in just overnight new fans were suddenly MGS scholars.

"MGS3 is the best in the series."

"You wanna get into the series? Play in this order- MGS3, PW, MGS, MGS2, MGS4."

"MGS2 sucks because this guy named Raiden (who looks gay btw). He's like, totally a dumbass yo. Big Boss is the pillar of the series."

"MGS1 is kinda dated, so you can Wiki it. Plus Solid Snake is a clone, he's not the real deal so enjoyment ruined."

"Don't play those Atari games yo, read the Wiki instead."

"In Kojima we trust. Give me my mission, boss!"

Last edited:
Yeah the PSP was dead at that point. The thing with Solid Snake has no bearing though because Big Boss practically became the clone.....MGS 1 is dated though Actually wait, that point will reflect MGS V in a few years!

But man MGS is the worst series to play in terms of prequel order, oh god. :lol You can do that with God of War, maybe, but you can't with MGS.

Back