Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah... pre-order incentives. That's pretty cool! I'm a bit disappointed that the Sideshow version of REX won't be getting a miniature Snake. But, I'm just way too excited about getting this figure!

Got charged for my NRD today, so it's on! :yess:

Congrats o the Bamba pck ups guys, welcome to the Legion!

From Koji's twitter. This means its out very soon!

An2T-h9CMAAvLbf.jpg:large

An2UKFCCAAAh4AX.jpg:large

An2VPTUCEAEwJ-M.jpg:large

^For some reason, I'm liking Gray Fox more than Snake. There's just something about Snake's face that doesn't look right, imo.

After seeing so many pics of MGS1 Snake and Gray Fox by Play Arts, these two are definitely at the top of my Hot Toys MGS wish list if figures are ever made.

I think that his eyes and lips look weird, compared to the codec picture. Shinkawa was probably trying to create a figure that was more true to his art-work. But, in doing so, Snake's head just looks too unrecognizable, in my opinion. I think it would have been better if they opted for the MGS 4 look of "young snake".

Young_Snake.jpg

Although it's not based on Shinkawa's sketches, the face of the MGS 4 version looks more true to the Snake that we were accustomed to seeing in MGS 2.

After seeing so many pics of MGS1 Snake and Gray Fox by Play Arts, these two are definitely at the top of my Hot Toys MGS wish list if figures are ever made.

Definitely. These figures are going to be around for a while, so I'm actually considering holding out on making any purchases, just to see if Hot Toys announces anything. I think Gray Fox might be a long shot, but you never know, they might actually do it. Especially considering the custom Gray Fox/Ironman figures from Shinkawa that Hot Toys showcased a few years ago.

Not digging Snake at all. He did look a lot better when he just an unpainted proto.

Hopefully HT will come up with MGS1 Snake!

Love the snake figure. I think I may be a completist with these figures and have them all in some kick ass display representing each game.

I think Snakes face may be a bit too long, while Yoji's sketches are awesome, and it's great they went for a figure more true to those, something got lost in the 2D to 3D translation.

Still passing on the Play Arts figures. I bought the Kubricks instead. Will hold out for Hot Toys.

i just wish that ninja was coming with the extra head. he kinda seems like he is incomplete without it. especially since he is coming with the gun from the rex fight.

I think the sculpt looks exactly like the MGS4 face here:

no?

One reason its off to me is he has no upper lip :S
Im just a lil disappointed since they had it perfect before

SolidSnake available in the US already?!! soo jealous!:

https://ssl.square-enix-shop.com/SqEx/us/ShowDetail.action?productId=1296

No it doesn't :lol. The head-sculpt on the figure looks like Snake has gone in and out of drug rehab.

Anyway, it's cool that it's finally available in the U.S. I hardly ever purchase directly from the Square-Enix shop though, as they charge full price for their figures.

I think that his eyes and lips look weird, compared to the codec picture. Shinkawa was probably trying to create a figure that was more true to his art-work. But, in doing so, Snake's head just looks too unrecognizable, in my opinion. I think it would have been better if they opted for the MGS 4 look of "young snake".

Young_Snake.jpg

Although it's not based on Shinkawa's sketches, the face of the MGS 4 version looks more true to the Snake that we were accustomed to seeing in MGS 2.

:goodpost: :clap

That would be a dream come true!

I've lost the will to even dream anymore :(

Did you manage to get it Vendetta??

@ Nova

While i agree the Young Snake from MGS4 was very cool, i thought he looked pretty weird with the bandana on.

A cool extra would have been an MGS1 pixelated Snake face sculpt.

I've lost the will to even dream anymore :(

I still believe that Hot Toys MGS is gonna happen :lol. Last year, I gave up hope that MG REX was going to be released. Then out of the blue, ThreeA sent me an email saying that it's going to be on pre-order!

So, if Ashley Wood can release REX, after two years in development (with extremely vague and sporadic updates), then anything is possible.

Back