Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man, thats terrible that he died of cancer complications this weekend, i didnt know. i just had to look it up. he was only 69. his music was excellent.

He passed away a day after his 69th birthday, and his 25th album, Blackstar, came out. I bought it two days ago. I swore he would have rocked his way to 100. It's unreal.

It's also no secret that a lot of designs and and references to Bowie are in the MGS games, especially MGS3 and MGSV.

A moment of silence as we mourn the Man who Sold the World that inspired Kojima to rip off his likeness on all of his characters..

2492082-bowie.jpg

Damn that's...crazy.

Then again, we all sort of realized Kojima is not as 'original' as he seems to be.

I thought it's universally agreed upon that the MGS series is a pastiche of everything else out there? :lol

Really it's only the gameplay ideas that were original and the occasional minor story detail (like the La-li-lu-le-lo censorship) but still the early MGS stories (1 and 2 mostly) had great atmosphere and cool characters.

Hi guys

Just got my 3A Metal Gear Ray from Kiva on here :D

Couldn't be happier, but having a bit of trouble posing the legs, I can't seem to get them to move to go wider if that makes sense, I've taken a photo to show the differences from above but I can't seem to get them both be the same or move at all. (Rays left leg seems to be turned it quite a bit compared to the right around the hip, would ideally like both out but can't seem to move it, also are the lower legs adjustable in terms of going in and out?)

Also dog for scale

Hi guys

Just got my 3A Metal Gear Ray from Kiva on here :D

Couldn't be happier, but having a bit of trouble posing the legs, I can't seem to get them to move to go wider if that makes sense, I've taken a photo to show the differences from above but I can't seem to get them both be the same or move at all. (Rays left leg seems to be turned it quite a bit compared to the right around the hip, would ideally like both out but can't seem to move it, also are the lower legs adjustable in terms of going in and out?)

Also dog for scale

"LIQUID!!!" - in Dog speak

Looks great. But Kiva sold it? Wonder why, I thought he loved it.

Tweeted by Duncan Jones, Bowie's son few days before his father's death:

CYVOJQsWwAETFlP.jpg

:lol that's ballsy.

Probably be weird playing a series where the creator has so many homages to your dad. :lol
And without him being credited or anything.

It's probably worse since Kojima is a weirdo, and Jones is probably seeing that twitter with reactions like 'oh Dad you deserved so much better' :lol

And without him being credited or anything.

It's probably worse since Kojima is a weirdo, and Jones is probably seeing that twitter with reactions like 'oh Dad you deserved so much better' :lol

True, but I'm thankful it's Bowie rather than someone else. Could be worse. Kojima could have had a hard on for Vanilla Ice.

How many things did he "borrow" from Bowie? I know Major Tom, and The Man who sold the World, but what else?

How many things did he "borrow" from Bowie? I know Major Tom, and The Man who sold the World, but what else?

Space Oddity was supposed to be the original ending song for MGS3, and for some reason Kojima quotes Bowie albums a lot in interviews with magazines 10-15 years back. Aside from the debatable aesthetics of the character designs, a few more references on the Metal Gear Wiki:

David Bowie - Metal Gear Wiki - Wikia

Space Oddity was supposed to be the original ending song for MGS3, and for some reason Kojima quotes Bowie albums a lot in interviews with magazines 10-15 years back. Aside from the debatable aesthetics of the character designs, a few more references on the Metal Gear Wiki:

David Bowie - Metal Gear Wiki - Wikia

Jesus, he really is a blatant thief. Not any different than Tarantino in that regard.

Back