Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should have added a yellow stripe on the cig for the filter. I've never seen such a white cigarette before, looks like Snake's smoking dope :lol.

I've never seen such a white cigarette before

candycigs.jpg

I smoked unfiltered cigarettes for a few years. They certainly taste better but they can crack the skin on your fingers overtime! :lol

I always pictured Solid Snake as a Marlboro Man :lol. Mentioning that, I remember someone got their Marlboro box signed by Kojima several years back. It was so ingenious :rotfl.

I always pictured Solid Snake as a Marlboro Man :lol. Mentioning that, I remember someone got their Marlboro box signed by Kojima several years back. It was so ingenious :rotfl.

I think he smoked Lucky Strikes and a fictional "Moslems" in MG1/MG2, but yeah, Snake's totally a Malboro man. :lol

I think started to become an even heavier smoker around the time the MGS2 trailers were out because of that cool opening scene. I see a lawsuit coming. :monkey3

I honestly think about taking up smoking now and again. I've heard how therapeutic it can be, as a stress reliever, and it looks freakin' badass. But, I'm not sure about the side-effects, they look pretty ghastly :lol.

I honestly think about taking up smoking now and again. I've heard how therapeutic it can be, as a stress reliever, and it looks freakin' badass. But, I'm not sure about the side-effects, they look pretty ghastly :lol.

How bout them e-cigarettes? :lol Just how much is a pack in NYC anyway?

How bout them e-cigarettes? :lol Just how much is a pack in NYC anyway?

I haven't looked at the price of e-cigs (they look kind of ghey, if you ask me). But, there are already some restrictions on them in NY. You can't use e-cigarettes anywhere, where regular smoking is banned, and law makers are just cracking down on them right now.

I haven't looked at the price of e-cigs (they look kind of ghey, if you ask me). But, there are already some restrictions on them in NY. You can't use e-cigarettes anywhere, where regular smoking is banned, and law makers are just cracking down on them right now.

I could imagine a cop coming up to a e-cig user in NYC "Sir, you could please stop pretending to smoke in a non-smoking area? Thank you."

^Nice haul, Wolf! Did you order from amiami or Good Smile?

Mine was shipped with Registered SAL, so I should be getting it in a few weeks.

I could imagine a cop coming up to a e-cig user in NYC "Sir, you could please stop pretending to smoke in a non-smoking area? Thank you."

They're essentially pretend cigarettes, but even using them in certain places can get you into trouble now. It's ridiculous.

They're essentially pretend cigarettes, but even using them in certain places can get you into trouble now. It's ridiculous.

I got my eagle eye out for that exclusive version!

I'm a big ecig user, been on em for over a year now. It was funny seeing people's expressions before they were popular lol. Not had any trouble expect a few restaurants. I even smoke it on planes without issue

I believe it's directly from goodsmile (as I didn't get it myself).
After fiddling with it for some time, Here are my opinions on the new Solid addition. (Note: I had owned more than 5 nendoroids in the past years)

- paint and sculpt are as good as ever with goodsmile.
- the added articulations aren't really as impressive as I thought they would be. Would have preferred the old swapping of arms and legs as usual nendoroids are. leg joints are somewhat loose. Yet, despite being so, it can stand independently without using the stand (which I highly not recommend doing).
- exclusive sleeve is just a sleeve, nothing special.
- with no interchangable facial expression, the price is considerably high. (But you can always get the nendoroid: face swap)

SS01.jpg ss02.jpg ss03.jpg

ss04.jpg ss05.jpg ss06.jpg

Honestly that's my other problem with this Nendoriod, the 'full action' (fully poseably) idea just doesn't work as well as Good Smile thinks. The arms and legs can fall apart so easily, I own their Spider-Man and Iron Man Mark VII and they have this problem. The sleeve looks nice, but nothing special, and is only from Good Smile's store itself. It also means you do get less, the only other problem with this Nendoriod but what he has is nice. What's his box (The accessory one, not the one he comes in) like?

I have mine coming in from HLJ as well, should be here at some point in February. I'm starting to think the MGS license might be why some of these figures are so much, kinda. I don't think it's a thing with Play Arts Kai since they're naturally expensive but everything from Good Smile seems to be quite a lot. Most Nendoriods these days don't surpass 4000 yen that often unless they have a lot of accessories or something, and even some that are under 4000 yen have more to use than Solid Snake.

My one issue with these nendoroids are the price, these things are absolutely tiny, why are they soo expensive? Id say they should be $20 at the most.

Heres a pic to show you guys:
B8R7tf_CQAACwoy.jpg

But at least the head is somewhat in scale with Play Arts haha:

B8R7tfbCAAEToKs.jpg

Just saw this, not sure if your joking but. NEVER TAKE UP SMOKING

Trust me, The therapy is self induced. You get addicted to nicotine, you stress when you want it, thus smoking is theraputic. I admit i enjoyed it for those reasons as i would have 5 minutes to contemplate life etc. But thats just as doable without it.
Also quitting is a ***** and you may have the odd craving for the rest of your life.

I'm coming up on a year quitting cigs. Stopped Feb 10th last year. It was kinda hard because I quit cold turkey. One pack a day to zero. But damn, it feels so good. And I have so much extra money for food and toys. Hahah. And I started since I was 15, up til 23. 9 years is long enough lol.

Back