Metal Build Eva

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are these so sought after? They're not even remotely cartoon-accurate.

I think the toys that look like the cartoon are way better.

It's unusual to see people going out of their way to get the "reinterpreted" versions. I don't remember that happening with Gundam or Macross. Most collectors want the toys that look the most like the source material.

Why are these so sought after? They're not even remotely cartoon-accurate.

Well two reasons, evangelion has never had the high end treatment, the closest is medicom, and two it's the metal build line, combine metal build with Eva and its selling out just like gundam.

I personally prefer the metal build look to anything else Eva related. Also a lot of the stuff that makes it look different can be removed but I personally have my Eva 01 out with all the armor attachments on.

Also its Eva, pretty much anything Eva related is selling out, there's a certain cult following that Eva has that I don't see with other anime merch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea on the actual release dates for the 02 and the 01 re-release? Can't find anything online.

I just got a notification from the EU store where I bought the Metal Build Eva 01. The figure has shipped and should arrive on Monday.

Are these worth $300? I can get Eva 02 on Ebay for that but look pretty small for that much...

They are small, not sure what the scale is but the metal build gundams are around 1/144. These are probably about the same.

Otaku Square have shipped mine. I'm not going to get too excited until I have it in hand but I was sceptical the order wouldn't get cancelled given how long their PO was open after everywhere else was sold out. I'll be very happy to have this at the much more reasonable RRP than what they all shot up too almost immediately after PO's opened.

Otaku Square have shipped mine. I'm not going to get too excited until I have it in hand but I was sceptical the order wouldn't get cancelled given how long their PO was open after everywhere else was sold out. I'll be very happy to have this at the much more reasonable RRP than what they all shot up too almost immediately after PO's opened.

01 or 02?

Unit 02 has arrived from Otaku Square in perfect condition. I'm very happy to have been able to grab this at the reasonable retail price. I hope they do Unit Zero although I'm not looking forward to the order circus.

Unit 02 arrived today. What a wonderful figure, the complexity of this piece is unbelievable. I know it's not for everyone being not screen accurate but man, this is really something.

eva1.jpg

eva2.jpg

eva3.jpg

eva4.jpg

eva5.jpg

eva6.jpg

eva7.jpg

Selling my Metal Build 01 and 02. Please PM me if you're interested. Check out my sales thread for other Bandai/Tamashii products.

Back