Merry & Pippin Commission...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Hobbit First?

• Meriadoc "Merry" Brandybuck

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • Peregrin "Pippin" Took

Votes: 13 38.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not sure if it's nessacary or not, but THe skin of the hobbist just looks so very good, and the less i need to paint on gimli when I get the head, the happier I'll be, especialy since I will be painting his beard :)

I might be up for that. Churning out these sculpts is my first priority, though. :D

You think the translucent tinted resin is necessary for Gimli? So little skin is actually seen - he's like two-thirds hair. :lol

I've been extending his beard and adding more detail to it lately, not altering the face at all. But I must admit Fallout 3 and Left 4 Dead have been soaking up most of my free time. :eek:

Here's what I'm thinking on Merry and Pippin. Basically neutral sculpts but with a slight smile and hint of mischief with Pippin looking a tad 'goofier' than Merry.

b85.jpg

254587.jpg

Those facial expressions would work for me.

$200 is really cheap for a sculpt.

$5-10 for a casting is EXTREMELY cheap.

It is true that you get what you pay for.

On my Christmas break I'm gonna play around with making a Pippin scarf. Hopefully I can come up with something.

Count me in for both hobbits, but like Dave says $200 does seem low if we are going for Sideshow quality. Clothes I don't really care about, I can rehack Sam and Frodo's, but headsculpts I'm picky about!!!!

Put me down for both, and I second the motion to have the headsculpts done first and worry about the outfits later.

Worse comes to worst, I could live with Merry or Pippin being dressed identically to Sam or Frodo.

And I also anxiously await the results of EC's Gimli head casting, as I might be down for one of those, too.

Ok here are the list of names thus far:

1. thenammagazine
2. pixletwin
3. Carbo Fation
4. Blu Falcon
5. Darth Trafford
6. DarkArtist81
7. Superdoug
8. jaffakitkat
9. dwing
10. icruise
11. Lerath666
12. The Ween
13. Yodasan
14. thamesvalidude
15. El Skutto
16. Reinhardt
17. progmatinee
18. FlyAndFight

What about you Wor-Gar? Are you in or out?

Last edited:
What about you Wor-Gar? Are you in or out?

Sucks, I know, but I have to be out for right now. I can't afford to get the Hobbits a second time around right now for parts, and I have too many other customs to finish that are just sitting there. Merry and Pippin just aren't on my short list right now. But I may jump onboard down the road, if I can and if I get some windfall for Christmas. :)

Looks like you're there at 20 anyway! Congrats!

I'll help source clothing bits for you guys if I find anything that will work. Eager to see how this project goes!

How many of these people on the list would still be there if the set of unpainted Merry and Pippin heads were $65?

How many of these people on the list would still be there if the set of unpainted Merry and Pippin heads were $65?

$65 for both? Definitely. As a matter of fact, I'd be down for two of each. (another pair for a bud of mine.)

But they've got to be great sculpts of the actors/characters. "Essence" need not apply... ;)

Last edited:
I hate to do this bust I have to back out.
They weren't for me anyway...I might be back in after I see the sculpt.
Anyway I wouldn't know where to get the wee little hobbit bodies to finish them off.

Back