Merry Christmas!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merry Christmas (and whatever other Holidays you might observe) you wild and crazy band of nuts!

You all have made my year much brighter! :chew

Merry Christmas to everyone here! Thanks for making another year so great!! May all of you have the best X-Mas ever!! :duff

TheObsoleteMan said:
festivus.jpg

LOL!!

I think I may have to turn that image into my signature. Just through the Festivus season, of course.

EDIT: Yup. Gotta do it.

Last edited:
Collector Freak said:
It's sickening to see how this holiday has been objectified as it has. The only reason people care about it is because of the gifts and related crap. Doesn't anyone ever take a moment to consider what the hell any of this stuff means? For example, why do you put a pine tree in your living room and decorate it with reflective ball... :rolleyes:

What any of this stuff has to do with the birth of Jesus I'll never know.

Well since Historical Jesus was born in September in the year 6 BC, I think that if we want to examine the connection, we should ask the question: what does the birth of Jesus have to do with the wildly popular winter festival celebrated on the Winter Solstice (Dec. 25th as the Romans understood it) where trees were decorated and which historically predates Christianity in one form or another for centuries?

The giving of massive quantities of gifts evolved from U.S. retailors clearing out old merchandise before the new year by giving deep discounts. And while Santa comes from a Dutch legend, (more of an FYI) he was really born in American in 1809 but didn't gain popularity until the Civil War, though he was without his current form until 1931 when Coca Cola gave him his iconic look.

In the end, I think that the very American act of celebrating Dec. 25 -- with loads of presents and a tree and Santa Claus and maybe going to the movies and spending time with friends and family -- is the ultimate holiday.

And -- while birthdays are important -- the holiday is worth celebrating for its own sake. For me, the fact that there is a holiday as cool as Christmas, is what I celebrate on Christmas.

Whatever the religion, whatever the holiday.........

I wish you all a safe and happy holidays.........

May you all find warmth and love with your families this season........

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year........

Merry Freakin' Christmas!

xmascatwearingantlersGR4468LE_2rev.jpg

Seriously though, thanks for a great year, and I hope you and your families have a safe, healthy, and RELAXING holiday...no running around like a crazy person looking for gifts at the last minute - just enjoy being with your loved ones because you never know what could happen tomorrow :grouphug

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all you Freaks!!! I hope everyone has a safe and happy season!

(To the tune of 12 Days of Christmas...)

And for my first Christmas present...

...Sideshow gave to me...

...A LOTTERY FOR AN SSE!!!!

Thank you Sideshow! I will truly cherish it forever!!!!:rolleyes:

I also hope you all have a very safe and Merry Christmas. :santa

Like Ricky from the Trailer Park Boys says, Christmas is a time to get drunk and stoned with your f'n friends and family not for all the other bulls**t! :rock :rotfl

And a Merry Crimbo and Happy New Year to all!

Take Care
Best Wishes

:mexwave

Back