Megan Fox to Star in Fathom and Hex

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Waller

Are you on the square?
Reaction score
From Newsarama:
https://www.newsarama.com/film/030904-Megan-Fox-Fathoma.html

It used to be Angelina Jolie that was comic's go-to girl, but now, it looks as if Megan Fox is filling that role.

First off, it's news that has been suspected for a while now, and now, it’s finally confirmed: Megan Fox will play the lead role in a film adaptation of Michael Turner’s Fathom for Fox Atomic.

Confirmation of the casting came via Variety, although Fox had been seen as a lock for the role since rumors of the actress playing the character hit last Spetember.

According to the trade, the script for the coming film will be written by Jordan Mechner, best known for his work designing the Prince of Persia videogame.

As Variety describes the film, it sounds to be remaining faithful to the original comic:

Fox would play Aspen Matthews, who was found abandoned on a ship and is adopted by a military man. She becomes a champion swimmer and marine biologist who comes of age realizing she has water-based powers and is part of an underwater race.

Fox will serve as a Producer on the film, along with Safran Prods.' Peter Safran, Brian Austin Green and Steve Bessen. Fathom creator Michael Turner will be listed as executive producer along with Aspen, MLT’s Frank Mastromauro.

Secondly, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Fox will also be starring in Warner Bros. film version of Jonah Hex, playing "Leila, a gun-wielding beauty and love interest of Hex (Josh Brolin), a scarred bounty hunter tracking a voodoo practitioner (John Malkovich) who wants to raise an army of undead to liberate the South."

Works for me. :drool

Megan_Fox_Fathom_Aspen_02.jpg

Love the website it's hosted on (lower right hand corner). :lol

Last edited:
I guess I am the only one who thinks Megan Fox is decent looking, but nothing special.

I guess I am the only one who thinks Megan Fox is decent looking, but nothing special.

I'm kinda with you there.....she's definitely pretty....but I still like Jolie better and Jolie has way better acting chops.

I'm kinda with you there.....she's definitely pretty....but I still like Jolie better and Jolie has way better acting chops.
Angelina while still stunningly beautiful is starting to look her age and she is also wafer thin. Megan has curves and is beautiful in her own right, so I think she fits the bill as Aspen. Yeah Angie is a seasoned actress, but Megs hasn't had a chance to really show what she's got yet.

Angelina while still stunningly beautiful is starting to look her age and she is also wafer thin. Megan has curves and is beautiful in her own right, so I think she fits the bill as Aspen. Yeah Angie is a seasoned actress, but Megs hasn't had a chance to really show what she's got yet.

Well now is her chance to show us if she is more than just a pretty face. :)

Whatever happened to that Jennifer's Body movie? Will it ever be released? :confused:

She is hot. But like Jessica Simpson and Jessica Alba, she can't act.

Well if she sticks to strictly action movies - where she's just a bad ass kicking ass.....she will probably do rather well for herself. It's when they branch out into comedy or drama that a true test of their talents comes into play.

I always thought that Aspen is of a native origins, hence the tan of her skin. Perhaps Megan bodyliciousness suits the character.

I love that Megs is willing to do "comic book" movies and not think twice about it, but I think she hasn't found that breakout role. In the mean time I'll just have to endure seeing her in action flicks as eye candy till she finds that role:D

I think her acting ability (or lack thereof) is going to keep her in action movies where the explosions, cleavage, and quick editing cuts won't force any longterm exposure of her actually having to emote.:lol

Back