Medicom Spiderman Body Switch? (Comic Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkcc30

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anybody here ever tried switching the crappy red plastic body (fragile) out for an improved one, maybe a True Type?

If so how difficult and what body did you use? In case there is any confusion I am speaking of this Spidey:

504582416_000aab5a5e_o.jpg

I have had to swap out a Comic Spidey or two in the past 3 years and it isn't that hard. The seam is at his shoulders across his back. Once you remove the stitches from the seam and remove his head, hands and feet the outfit slides right off.

I actually swapped it with the Toy Biz 12" Icons Spidey but the joints made it look not quite right. I ended up replacing it with a newer version of the Medicom super-hero body that has better plastic and tighter joints. I like the look of the Medicom super-hero body better for skin tight outfits. These bodies were made for the guys in pajamas look.

If you are going for a more realistic build than a Truetype or a Dragon figure would look good but beware of how you handle the bodysuit as the black webbing can peel which I found out thru over swapping bodies.

I have had to swap out a Comic Spidey or two in the past 3 years and it isn't that hard. The seam is at his shoulders across his back. Once you remove the stitches from the seam and remove his head, hands and feet the outfit slides right off.

I actually swapped it with the Toy Biz 12" Icons Spidey but the joints made it look not quite right. I ended up replacing it with a newer version of the Medicom super-hero body that has better plastic and tighter joints. I like the look of the Medicom super-hero body better for skin tight outfits. These bodies were made for the guys in pajamas look.

Thanks! I was getting ready to do a swap and I knew I would need the right body or it would look stupid so this helps. I am thinking of using a Truetype because the HT bodies just seem more durable, are the hands,feet,head of a medi hard to put on an HT body? Also would the outfit be too tight because of the HT being larger, or is it larger?

Last edited:
I'd recomend sculpting some muscles onto the body though.....
Here is a tough, anyone here know how poseable the enterbay bruce lee bodies are?

wow ed! tbh this figure has always been a top tier figure for me.. its a perfect representation of mcfarlane's drawing..

Posable Webbing for McFarlane Medicom Spiderman Red/Blue version

For the Medicom Mcfarlane Spiderman, I found these amazing poses for this version of spidey. Does anyone know what webbing this is and where I can find it? It's not the default webs that come with the figure.

These webs truly give the figure a more mcfarlane look.

Can anyone recognize these or know where I can get them? Thanks everyone. Kudos to the poster of these incredible pics.

https://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k185/edwint52/medicom spiderman/?action=view&current=IMG_4531.jpg

https://s88.photobucket.com/albums/...20spiderman/?action=view&current=IMG_4519.jpg

Wow, that's awesome. The webbing in question seems to be custom made out of two different gauges of white wire that were wrapped around each other. What a cool idea. All those awesome poses makes me feel guilty for leaving my spidey in his generic pose in my crowded detolf.

As for the question above, which was probably already settled, it is possible to fix medi bodies. They come apart easily and you can switch out parts.

Back