Medicom ROTS Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drbrad1975 said:
Well,

I think that the Medicom Vader is pretty darn accurate. Here is a comparison shot....looks more accurate than the SS 1/4 Vader Statue. If SS does this good a job, I will be a very happy collector.

Cheers,

Brad

Thanks for the pic, it certainly is close; not -on, but close. The dome shouldn't indent quite so much and there does appear to be more of a point/peak, but I think it is fairly close.

I have the ROTS figure and the dome is actually very inaccurate. If you take a look at movie stills or even the Master Replicas version of the helmet it is pretty easy to see the differences. The reason the ROTS figure's helmet is so inaccurate is that Medicom reused the same helmet sculpt they had for the ROTJ figure. It is kind of odd really when just about every other piece of the armor is a new sculpt. Nonetheless, it is still a really cool figure. One of my favorites in fact. However, I fully expect SS to get the helmet sculpt closer to what was in the movie.

EVILFACE said:
It's Girly Man Vader.

Can't wait to see SS's Big Boy Vader dwarf it.

It will be intresting to see the size comparison for sure. I suppose the scale of the Medicom ROTS version could be considered accurate to how he looked in the movie as compared to Dave Prowse in the OT,Hayden Christensen looked like a mini-Vader.

"I suppose the scale of the Medicom ROTS version could be considered accurate to how he looked in the movie as compared to Dave Prowse in the OT,Hayden Christensen looked like a mini-Vader."

Thats what I thought too until I saw the medicom ROTS Vader with my own eyes and realised that it really is more like a 1/7 scale figure than a 1/6 and thus not to scale at all. Anakins fried head is ALOT smaller than the 1/6 HS tend to be. :monkey2

this bad boy is 107$ at hlj.com if anyone is interested they're havin a sale.(thats a great deal for a vader wow)
https://www.hlj.com/product/MEDRAH-254
dscn9926aa.jpg

DSC00358_00.jpg

3600 yen however that much is. probably around 30$
but still cheaper than any vader around.

heres a comparison, the custom ANH vader stands about 13.5 inches tall,i know hes next to medicoms ROTJ version but you get the idea...
ANHmedicomTXT.jpg

Cool pics Vice. Love that first one. And guys why all the Medicom hate. Kinda reminding me of another place on the web.

No kidding! Human characters aside, Medicom has knocked them out of the park on their armored figures. I have the ROTJ Vader and want a couple Stormtroopers to stand beside him. I'm also planning on getting a ROTS Clone Trooper next week.

I'd love to have the rotj medi vader, but i'm gonna save up for boba that one is gonna be insanely cool.

Batman5 said:
Cool pics Vice. Love that first one. And guys why all the Medicom hate. Kinda reminding me of another place on the web.

Cause some like their Vader to tower over people like he did in the films.

He's nice for a Mini Me Vader.

putting extenders on the medicom vader is real easy if it's something that bothers ya.

always nice pics hurricane.

Seth Gecko said:
putting extenders on the medicom vader is real easy if it's something that bothers ya.

always nice pics hurricane.

Well that just makes his legs long. Then we have monkey legs instead of monkey arms. And that would just make him taller, not the big tower he was in the films.

EVILFACE said:
Well that just makes his legs long. Then we have monkey legs instead of monkey arms. And that would just make him taller, not the big tower he was in the films.

Always something eh Evilface. :D

Batman5 said:
Always something eh Evilface. :D

I call it like i see it. If you are going to rip Luke for longer arms, you are going to have to rip Medicom Vader for long legs.

But of course the Medicom Nutswingers tm don't see a problem.

EVILFACE said:
I call it like i see it. If you are going to rip Luke for longer arms, you are going to have to rip Medicom Vader for long legs.

But of course the Medicom Nutswingers tm don't see a problem.

You've trademarked Medicom Nutswingers? (Shoot, do I owe you a dime now?) :D

hurricane said:
heres a comparison, the custom ANH vader stands about 13.5 inches tall,i know hes next to medicoms ROTJ version but you get the idea...
ANHmedicomTXT.jpg

Wow... As beautiful as the guy on the right is, there just ain't enough stuffing in the world to match the height of the guy on the left.

Ofcoarse Medicom's Vader won't be in scale with the SS figures. It's in scale with the Medicom figures.

Back