1/6 Medicom Red Sun Superman and Flashpoint Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanJG1

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like Medicom is continuing their 1/6 DC Line.

They look really nice. I just wish they would switch over to fabric instead of rubber suits.
I really like Supes head sculpt. Might use it for a conventional Superman and I will most like order this:

Here are some nice pics on the ToyArk website:
Toy-Fair-2015-Diamond-Previews-044.jpg

Toy-Fair-2015-Diamond-Previews-040.jpg

Toy-Fair-2015-Diamond-Previews-041.jpg

Dang. I sure wish Medi stuff was better looking. I'd be all over their DC line. That's exactly the suit I want for a Red Son Supes...just nicer.

what a terrific looking head sculpt on superman. I have all the hush figures and enjoy them for sure. I have never read red son and I'm not the worlds biggest dupes fan so probably pass on superman. Flashpoint Batman may find a home with me, even though he stands for all that is crap with the DC universe new52. he is a nice figure but there are other versions of Batman i would have preferred.

what a terrific looking head sculpt on superman. I have all the hush figures and enjoy them for sure. I have never read red son and I'm not the worlds biggest dupes fan so probably pass on superman. Flashpoint Batman may find a home with me, even though he stands for all that is crap with the DC universe new52. he is a nice figure but there are other versions of Batman i would have preferred.

I felt that Flashpoint Batman was one of the highlights of that series. If you really want something that represents the failures of the New 52, may I suggest Lobo?:lol Personally, though, I've liked the New 52. I've been selective with the titles I buy, but it really hasn't bothered me all that much. I would like to see DC return to the classic continuity in the future, but I'm comfortable with the current status quo, as it is.

As for the figures, these things are painful, because Medicom chooses such awesome versions of the characters, but they just don't do the designs justice, whatsoever. I get that there's a Jim Lee influence, but, as exaggerated as his proportions are, they've never been as weird as these. Then there's the suits, and I can kind of understand where they're coming from, because spandex doesn't always make sense, but, when you combine that baggy vinyl with the odd proportions, it's very hard to find that aesthetically pleasing.

totally agree with batfan08, medicom choose great or the best version characters in comic, i really want to have flashpoint batman in my collection but my god that is awefull figure. even if i get the figure, there will be have to upgrade the suit etc cost you almost like fully custom figure

For their price, I wish Medicom would try to make their figures look much better, particularly the suit and their muscle bodies. Not saying that they look bad, but they're definitely not worth their asking prices if we talk about the overall aesthetics of the figure alone. Their latest figures in tights show little to no improvement compared to their figures in tights from 3 or so years ago. I feel bad that I wanted their character version choices but can't get to open my wallet for them even in low aftermarket prices.

Yeah, IMO that Flashpoint Batman sculpt tops thier previous Batman Hush sculpt. Face doesn't look squished.

Those cape horns on his shoulders, however. Medicom treats their tailoring like Mattel would on their Barbies. It's like they're not even trying to come up with better ways to execute the cape and suits.

That flashpoint batman head sculpt is pretty great.
Wish these figures were actually decent enough to be parted out....

Re: Medicom 1/6 "Red Son" Superman Figure

Been waiting for a either a 1:6 or 1:4 scale figure of him from this story-hoping they do a Batman from it as well. I know there are custom ones available, but there a little steep in price. One of my top ten graphic novels of all time.

I love the Flashpoint Batman. It's on the top of list of wants from SSC. I hope it comes sooner than later from them. Medi did a nice job with it though.

New closeup pictures of Flashpoint Batman and Red Sun Superman for Diamond's website:
160255_683525_8.jpg

160255_683524_7.jpg

The group:
160255_684108_10.jpg

I think if you painted Flashpoint Batman's eyes white, you would have a perfect Jim Lee Batman sculpt.

Last edited:
That Red Son Superman looks pretty awesome. He'd look great on my villains shelf. I just hope it isn't on the smallish side like Medicom figures sometimes are.

Back