1/6 Medicom Red Sun Superman and Flashpoint Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the Thomas Wayne Bats but I'm very trepidatious of Medicom.

You have every reason to be have concerns about the Medi bodies. The Marvel figures they made from 2006 to 2008 had serious issues with how brittle their plastic was with many poor collectors having their figures fall apart in their hands. But, I am here to tell you fear not. I scored a few of the Hush Superman figures and have been playing all day with one and I love it. They seemed to be using stronger plastic with better joints. Height-wise he is about as tall as HT Chris Reeves Supes even though he has a slightly smaller head. The head being smaller is a result of these being true comic book based figures; something Sideshow could learn from Medi believe it or not.

Where they fall short are the costumes. Even if they were cloth I would still run to Tony Mei for a replacement suit. If you are serious about a 1/6 scale comic style figure Tony and Crystal have cornered the market; they make the best costumes and capes on the market. Just listening to Tony you know he knows comic book uniforms and has a pretty good handle on the comic "style."

Where they fall short are the costumes. Even if they were cloth I would still run to Tony Mei for a replacement suit. If you are serious about a 1/6 scale comic style figure Tony and Crystal have cornered the market; they make the best costumes and capes on the market. Just listening to Tony you know he knows comic book uniforms and has a pretty good handle on the comic "style."

You know a Tony Flashpoint suit over the Batman "Gotham Knight" head and body would be a perfect alternative to this.

I really like the head sculpts on these. The Red Son Superman head would look great on a Justice Lords suit.

That would be awesome if Tony made a Justice Lords suit. I know it is very frowned upon to make changes to Supes uniform but that white black and red Justice Lords suit and the kinda' "Barbarian Superman" from the 2 part episode were it looked like Toyman killed Superman but in actuality he sent him thousands of years into the future were his only ally is Vandal Savage are personal favorites. They both enhance how awesome Superman is to me.

I found on the Toysdaily forum what appears to be official Medicom pics of these two, so here they are:

project1-6_4530956107165

project1-6_4530956107165_1

project1-6_4530956107165_2

project1-6_4530956107158

project1-6_4530956107158_1

project1-6_4530956107158_2

Pics look good 4 sure want both and love the bats because of flashpoint story ,this bats use's guns and does not have the gun or kill rule ,so will be cool to load him up with plenty of gun's.

UP for order at big bad toys price is way overpriced on these and wish medicom would up thier game not the price's. Belts n suits look so cheap how hard is it to move to a fabric like sideshows superman. I 'm hoping sideshow steps in offer's these version's. I doubt and will end up getting eventualy. Medicom still feels like less friendly company then hot toys as in info to us fans.

I usually wait for them to go on sale before taking the plunge. Ebay usually has great deals on these figs believe it or not. I am searching it now for a Medi Dark Knight Returns Batman. Despite the height I love that figure.

UP for order at big bad toys price is way overpriced on these and wish medicom would up thier game not the price's. Belts n suits look so cheap how hard is it to move to a fabric like sideshows superman. I 'm hoping sideshow steps in offer's these version's. I doubt and will end up getting eventualy. Medicom still feels like less friendly company then hot toys as in info to us fans.

Buy from a Japan shop like amiami.

here is my guy (arrived last night) the suit is like plastic, its very odd...the cape has wires so its nice to work with....overall its not bad

IMG_20160420_213242_zps5hutgmby.jpg

he looks good with the bunch and is made well. I just don't get why they chose to do the suit they way they did, although I should be grateful that a figure of him even exists hahaha

Medicom loves those rubber suits. Their figures are a good starting point, but the suit material and capes drive me nuts. Their bodies have improved.

Medicom loves those rubber suits. Their figures are a good starting point, but the suit material and capes drive me nuts. Their bodies have improved.

You mean the bodies are much better than the past figures? I thought they had improved when I bought the Blade figure. WRONG! That is why I passed on their more recent outings.

You mean the bodies are much better than the past figures? I thought they had improved when I bought the Blade figure. WRONG! That is why I passed on their more recent outings.

I really did not mean better in quality, although I've never had breakage issues with them as many have posted. I meant improved as far as specific to the character. Bodies that match a character's physique.

Back