MEDICOM RAH Alien Figure Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, this figure is at the top of my list along with NECA's.
Both have pros and cons, and each emphasizes different characteristics, but both are beautiful sculpts that just breathe Giger Alien.

I have high hopes for NECA's new (revised) sculpt of the Giger alien, Kyle's (the lead sculptor) passion for all things alien and predator is legendary, so I'm sure he will tweak the figure to as close to perfection as he can.

I did a full review of this figure, as well as another comparative review of the McFarlane, Aoshima and NECA figures, they must be somehwere around here...

I did a full review of this figure, as well as another comparative review of the McFarlane, Aoshima and NECA figures, they must be somehwere around here...

I found it, and it was great. :clap I always love it when people take the time to create such well thought-out reviews. The pictures were especially good, though now I fear I've got a case of 'completist syndrome' and need all 3 of the aliens reviewed, lol.

I'll send you the bill. :wink1:

Still sort of on the fence regarding this Medicom (Price! *cough* Price!), and I'm hoping that NECA will have preview pics at Comic-con... I guess we'll see.

Glad the review was helpful!

Yes, all three all very nice in their own terms. It should be hard to find the Aoshima one though... haven't seen those in ages!

The Medicom Alien is one of those figures that looks better on pictures than in reality, dont get me wrong. Its a ok figure, but the skin is the biggest part, is not as shiny and slimy as you want, plus its greyish.

My Alien
bild

bild

Where can I find one if these? There's a couple on eBay but they're over $200 which is madness.

worth it if accuracy is more important to you than scale. you'd be paying way more than that for the hot toys.

worth it if accuracy is more important to you than scale. you'd be paying way more than that for the hot toys.
Oh I know the accuracy is why I want it. I just found out it's poseable as well two days ago, been on a mad hunt ever since. Unfortunately I simply can't afford to pay $150+ on ANYthing, let alone this beautiful piece.

If any of y'all have more than one and wouldn't mind parting with one I have a custom 1/4 scale Neca Elder Predator I can trade for one. I made a thread in the where to buy forum for that exact purpose.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Oh I know the accuracy is why I want it. I just found out it's poseable as well two days ago, been on a mad hunt ever since. Unfortunately I simply can't afford to pay $150+ on ANYthing, let alone this beautiful piece.

If any of y'all have more than one and wouldn't mind parting with one I have a custom 1/4 scale Neca Elder Predator I can trade for one. I made a thread in the where to buy forum for that exact purpose.

I found a decent deal on one of these. I might make an unboxing video on youtube and also post pics on here when it arrives.

Oh no that sucks. Does it look as goofy in hand as the pics floating around?
Worse! Ugly as a turd. Hideous cheap rubber. Face like it has mental retardation. That stupid slider thing for the inner mouth.

It was a 1000x worse since I was expecting Medicom's beautiful sculpt. Felt like a slap in the face and a kick in the nuts.

Damn!
What did the seller have to say about it?

Basically 'oops, sorry'. It was through Amazon. Seller was Samurai Camera out of Japan.

Item was listed as the Medicom Alien in new condition for $155 which was the cheapest on either Amazon or eBay. Since I don't have my own credit card I can't go through that yahoo japan like someone on here mentioned. (dammit)

Got another one through eBay supposedly on the way out of Poland. But the seller hasn't put up the tracking info in the week and a half since I ordered it so I'm getting paranoid, even though the seller has 100% positive feedback.

Here's hoping I'm not getting screwed over twice in a row on the piece that's supposed to be my last Alien purchase. 😒

Wow, you can't get a refund? It was clearly false advertising...
Oh yeah I got a refund but the hassle and disappointment of seeing that fugly hot toys turd was aggravating as ****.

Now I gotta worry about if this current seller even shipped the damn thing (at least he/she had pics) because he/she stopped responding to my emails and never put up the tracking info so eBay just says "not shipped" in bold black letters. Pisses me off.

Trying to get this Medicom figure has rurned me off to collecting. I'm done after this.

Oh yeah I got a refund but the hassle and disappointment of seeing that fugly hot toys turd was aggravating as ****.

Now I gotta worry about if this current seller even shipped the damn thing (at least he/she had pics) because he/she stopped responding to my emails and never put up the tracking info so eBay just says "not shipped" in bold black letters. Pisses me off.

Trying to get this Medicom figure has rurned me off to collecting. I'm done after this.

Turned me off to collecting goddamn typos.

Turned me off to collecting goddamn typos.

I feel your pain bro...I started collecting X-plus Godzilla figures recently and there's nothing like receiving bad blemish on a $200+ vinyl and be told by the store that there's nothing they can do.

On the plus side, I have both the HT and Medicom Big Chap and if I could only keep one...yes I'd choose the Medicom. The 'paint' or there lack of and the 'off scale' is what a lot of people complain about the Medicom..but in terms of sculpt I don't think you can find a more accurate, ARTICULATED figure than the Medicom.

I feel your pain bro...I started collecting X-plus Godzilla figures recently and there's nothing like receiving bad blemish on a $200+ vinyl and be told by the store that there's nothing they can do.

On the plus side, I have both the HT and Medicom Big Chap and if I could only keep one...yes I'd choose the Medicom. The 'paint' or there lack of and the 'off scale' is what a lot of people complain about the Medicom..but in terms of sculpt I don't think you can find a more accurate, ARTICULATED figure than the Medicom.

Yeah the Medicom isn't perfect mostly the dome is supposed to thicken in the middle which the kotobukya artfx statue got perfect, and Medicom didn't bother doing the end of the tail correctly. Still the best Alien figure so far.

If I actually get it I'm stripping the paint and giving it a proper paint app. Since the figure is vinyl, which is a type of plastic it will be no problem as long as it's cleaned and primered first.

Back