Medicom Master Chief!?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaward

Super Freak
Reaction score
Saw an article over at Figures.com that detailed who has the Halo license for toys for the near future. Looks like the guys who made the 6-scale toys dropped the rights, but Gentle Giant will be importing a Medicom made Master Chief!!! This might be the best news I've heard in a long time! I just hope he doesn't cost a fortune.

https://www.figures.com/databases/a...=actionfigures&topic=6&show_article=1518&nl=1

Master Chief makes a come back...

JoyRide/RC2 anounced at Toy Fair that their multi-year HALO 1 and 2 video game toy license contract had expired and that there were no new plans to renew. This of course leaves the gapping question of who owns what in the Microsoft/Bungie HALO Universe.

What we know from Toy Fair 2007:

* Kotobukiya - HALO ARTFX PVC statues

* Gentle Giant/Medicom - HALO 12" Master Chief figures

* WizKids - HALO Mini-CMG figures/vehicles

Actually, Gentle Giant is doing the Halo 12" figure themselves. They're distributing the Medicom Halo Kubricks stateside.

Not to say Medicom might not do their own Master Chief eventually, but their only involvement with Gentle Giant involves the Kubricks at this point.

From a previous Figures.com posting:

The BIG announcment (and one of the most demanded figures in recent 1/6 scale history) is a 12" Masterchief. Gentle Giant has been working directly with Microsoft and will base the figure on his appearance in the forthcoming HALO 3 video game. The 1/6 scale alien-killing space soldier will include a super-posable 12" body, a black cloth body suit, and the unique Spartan armor for which he's so well known...

Gentle Giant will also be importing Medicom's HALO Kubricks. The block figure series will include Masterchief, numerous Spartan variants and other characters from the successful game.

https://www.figures.com/databases/a...egory=actionfigures&topic=166&show_article=51

Thanks for the clarification, but that certainly lets a lot of air out of this announcement for me. GG hasn't really wowed me with 1/6 scale action figures, and the thought of Medicom making the armor gave me a Halo induced heart-attack.:monkey2

Didn't they make a Depp Willy Wonka? :confused: Or was this a Medicom creation that they imported? :confused: I just remember seeing it at the local comic store, and really disappointed in the headsculpt, the outfit seemed cheap, and the paint was poured on this figure.

I have been dying to get a 1:6 scale master chief though. I'd even go for repaints of a Red and Blue spartan!

there's my confusion, thanks Mookey! I know the GG one was really sub-par though, especially given how great the can do SW busts. When they hit the mark with SW likenesses, they are perfect! They don't always hit the mark though. I am still really excited for 1:6 scale Master Chief, and I hope he comes with a whole arsenal.

Thanks Screamingmetal, I didn't see that one, and the prospect of a decent Master Chief figure had me pretty excited. It was one of the newer announcements at another site, so I didn't expect it to have a thread going.

Seaward said:
Thanks Screamingmetal, I didn't see that one, and the prospect of a decent Master Chief figure had me pretty excited. It was one of the newer announcements at another site, so I didn't expect it to have a thread going.
Yeah it seems only a few of us are excited by the news from the responses so far. :lol I don't know if you heard about this, but Callous made an awesome Mjolnir armor set that I think he'll still produce, you can see it here. He also made pieces to a Marine armor set. Hopefully the Gentle Giant armor will be removable so we can have our pick of what base body to use. GG base bodies are some of the weakest designs out there, and we all think Sideshow needs an update. lol.
I bet we'll see this figure at Comic Con.

Seaward said:
there's my confusion, thanks Mookey! I know the GG one was really sub-par though, especially given how great the can do SW busts. When they hit the mark with SW likenesses, they are perfect! They don't always hit the mark though. I am still really excited for 1:6 scale Master Chief, and I hope he comes with a whole arsenal.

no prob Seaward. i was let down by the GG Wonka too.

DAYUM!! i've seen that Callous armor before but had forgot how INCREDIBLE it was! hope he makes it available.

finmc2.jpg

now he says he can't make more. WAAAAA:monkey2 :monkey2

That custom Master Chief is a work of art! :google It is a shame he wouldn't be able to sell sets of armor, but it is nice to see that it can be done. With the Medicom Snake, GG Master Chief, all I need is for someone to make a killer 1:6 scale Link and I'd have most of my videogame heroes standing on my shelves. Don't get wrong, I'd love a Mario, but he seems better suited for the VCD treatment. I still can't wait to see what GG comes up with, as I even fell for preordering the Halo 3 set with the little helmet.

Believe me I would love to sell sets of armor but I fear what kinda heat that would bring from the guys up stairs. I may at some point offer a free set as a contest or something not sure yet. I'm making my halo arsenal right now. The weapons are a lot of fun to do they don't require quite so much time and I can steal bits and parts from other weapons to make my life easier unlike the armor. I'm sure GG's work will make my stuff look like a four year old did it but that's not going to stop me from continuing to make this stuff hehe.

Don't kid yourself about the quality of the armor set you've made. It really is breathtaking, and it is readily apparent that a lot of effort and attention to detail went into your work. A company may be able to readily produce a nicer TOY (Meaning that I am sure that poseability and durability on yours might suffer a little due to the handmade nature of your work, and a manufacturer can access production tools and materials you can't), but what you have done is an amazing work of art. Any Halo fan (or programmer, for that matter), would be proud to have your work on their shelf. Thanks for posting pictures, it looks like you've had a lot of fun creating this amazing figure.

Thanks. It was a great challenge to complete and I tried to spare no detail. All the armor is removable the helmet splits in two to allow for just about any head sculpt you want under it and I've added magnets to the feet and hips and after seeing the stuff on halo 3 I should probably add another magnet to the back for weapon mounting. I haven't painted him up yet but here's another shot of the clean armor... sorry the image is a little blurry still learning how to use the digital camera hehe.
finmc5.jpg

Dude, that is on the dot perfect!I love it!

I wouldn't be surprised if some toy companies come to you to buy a set of the armor to use on their products to spare them the trouble!

It is a beautiful job on the armor sculpt, the only problem is he's really just too thin. He should have alot more bulk in his chest, thicker chest, probably broader too, especially with the armor on it. I know 1/6th figures in general are very skinny to have clothes on them look right but his thinness is the only downside i see to that amazing custom.

Back