Medicom Marvel 12" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comic Spiderman is almost exactly 12" tall, same base body size as Medicom Vader. Wolverine is approx. 11.25" including his boots. Both of these guys work fine for me in scale with most other 1/6th figures.

Read different things right here about the availability of Symbiote Spiderman. 1: It's either the suit will be available as an exclusive in Japan for those who previously purchased comic Spidey. 2: It's a complete figure available the same way. 3: It's a variant that will be announced later this year and available to anyone who places an order for it. Sadly I have no inside info.. The only thing I can tell you ismy Spidey has a silver foil sticker on the box saying someething about exclusive black/symbiote Spiderman. I'm hoping with SSC carrying a bunck of Medicom stuff we will see this made available also.

So I have to ask, who is plunking down the big money to purchase all five of these figures from Sideshow Collectibles?

I have to admit that I pre-ordered all of them at first and then canceled the Carnage and Cyclops figures as Carnage just is not a favorite character of mine and Cyclops just looks a little bit to cartoony for my liking.

Darth Kustomizer said:
So I have to ask, who is plunking down the big money to purchase all five of these figures from Sideshow Collectibles?

Not me. I allready own them all. :D

I personally think they are all great except for Venom due to the fact that he's too small. The reason I think he's smaller than the other figures is that he was the first one released in Japan.

Cyclops is definitely worth getting. I bought them all over a long period of time and Venom was the last as he was least appealing to me. If buying now I'd definitely get Spidey and Cyclops and then Wolvie would be next on my list.

Mookeylama said:
ooh. does that comic Blade have wire in his coat for posing effect?
Absolutely, yes! The newly released Medicom’s BLADE figure does have wire running throughout his coat! And I must say that this is one hell of a beautiful RAH figure! I just received my figure/DVD box set on Monday April 3rd 2006. :joy

Last edited:
chamildav said:
Comic Spiderman is almost exactly 12" tall, same base body size as Medicom Vader. Wolverine is approx. 11.25" including his boots. Both of these guys work fine for me in scale with most other 1/6th figures.

Read different things right here about the availability of Symbiote Spiderman. 1: It's either the suit will be available as an exclusive in Japan for those who previously purchased comic Spidey. 2: It's a complete figure available the same way. 3: It's a variant that will be announced later this year and available to anyone who places an order for it. Sadly I have no inside info.. The only thing I can tell you ismy Spidey has a silver foil sticker on the box saying someething about exclusive black/symbiote Spiderman. I'm hoping with SSC carrying a bunck of Medicom stuff we will see this made available also.

Chamidav, "The RAH Symbiote Spiderman
is a complete figure available the same way"! :bounce

screamingmetal said:
I also forgot to mention that Medicom is coming out with a comic style Blade figure that's exclusive to japan and very limited. It'll be part of a Blade DVD release that's $300.

Screamingmetal, Here are two photos of my BLADE RAH figure to share with the Family...

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how sturdy the DVD Blade's base body is? The last Marvel Medicom I owned broke(RIP Comic Wolverine:monkey2 ), so I'm wondering if Blade's is any better, since I ordered one off ebay.

I think all Marvel Medicom 12" figs should be realistic, and movie-based rather than comic based. The comic figs look too cartoony and cheap to be $100 collectibles.

I pretty much enjoy the Comic Figures. Sure, Medi has shown us they can do Movie-based Marvel figures(X3 Wolvie), but I don't think Hasbro could tackle this much quality in their figures(Remember the SW 12" Line?)...

Jedi_Knight Rob said:
I pretty much enjoy the Comic Figures. Sure, Medi has shown us they can do Movie-based Marvel figures(X3 Wolvie), but I don't think Hasbro could tackle this much quality in their figures(Remember the SW 12" Line?)...

To me, it seems most of Medicom's upcoming 12" comic book figs look like overglorified 1/6th scale versions of Hasbro's 9" "Signature Series."

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
To me, it seems most of Medicom's upcoming 12" comic book figs look like overglorified 1/6th scale versions of Hasbro's 9" "Signature Series."

I wouldn't go that far, Hasbro's Signature Series is a complete joke when it comes to toys. :rolleyes: I will agree however that Medicoms movie figures translate way better that the comic figures, well most of them. Spiderman (both), Carnage, Blade, Cyclops, anyone i'm missing look great!

Dr.Mirakle32 said:

Almost same can be said bout SS Star Wars with Hasbro.:D

I love my medicom figures. You have to be a bit gentle with them but the scale and attention to detail is the best.

Back