Action Figure Medicom - MAFEX Star Wars line coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a little concerned that Medicom is not announcing new Star Wars figures. At the rate they go, if today they announce a MAFEX Jango Fett, they will not release it until summer of 2018.

We've still yet to see a definitive 1/12 Vader. The Mafex OT will do for now....

I am a fan of the mafex Vader and have it. However, I think the new black series Vader is much better. The new mafex rogue one Vader could trump it though.

Why did they make Rey so grey though. It feels like such a waste when the rest of the figure has a lot going for it. And I wonder in regards to Finn's printing, the same issue was seen in the prototype figuarts Windu, in the sense that the printed sections skin tone didn't match the rest of the head. Figuarts resolved that issue by release and it looked great, so it's another shame Mafex didn't do so here.

We've still yet to see a definitive 1/12 Vader. The Mafex OT will do for now....
The new 40th anniversary Black Series Vader is simply that. Much better than the Mafex ROTJ Vader.
6b137670d81dc9b4cb332561ea8f16ed.jpg
d37b4de0ec249855f9851466b4573c7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

+1 for the Black Series. It doesn't have the articulation of the Japanese releases, but considering you'll have it on display in poses that aren't crazy, it's perfect.

Still looks incredibly walrus'y in the face though. An improvement to be sure, but not perfect at least in my eyes.

The new 40th anniversary Black Series Vader is simply that. Much better than the Mafex ROTJ Vader.
6b137670d81dc9b4cb332561ea8f16ed.jpg
d37b4de0ec249855f9851466b4573c7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I had that BS Vader in my hands and I was pleasantly surprised. Not the way like "it's good for a Black Series", but the way like "wow, what a great figure".
The helmet is absolutely amazing, it has to be seen in person.

I think I can count three great BS figures this year, by now; Sabine Wren, Princess Leia and Darth Vader. I also think that Tusken and Jawa will be great.

It will be more in scale with SH Figuarts than the upcoming MAFEX RO Vader, so... I expect that both them will come to my shelves.

So, it seems like will be more possibilities to mix up the 1:12 lines, because MAFEX and Black Series are htting really hard with their latest releases.

Well, well, just looked at a Fwoosh review of the BS 40th Vader, and, colour me impressed! He has the presence, the height, the helmet, when the regular box release hits, I could well be in!

MAFEX Rey has been updated, her release date is 4-29!!!!
Bring her on. She will join the Vader III in my Private Warehouse at HLJ.:banana:banana

MAFEX Rey has been updated, her release date is 4-29!!!!
Bring her on. She will join the Vader III in my Private Warehouse at HLJ.:banana:banana

Heck yeah! My Figuarts Chewie will be shipping with her once she arrives! Great news.

He looks like Darth Vader, looks good enough for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, he is the same as ROTJ Vader with some minor updates. And the ROTJ Vader is not so great...
He looks like Darth Vader? Yes, obviously, there is no debate about it, but I will wait until Rogue One version.

The Rogue One Vader is the one I'm waiting to see.... Wonder if it can top the new Hasbro vintage BS Vader. This does look very much like the 1st Mafex Rotj Vader. Just minor differences, and if I only have 1 I prefer the original since it has the Anakin reveal helmet. I would pick this up down the line if I can find it for cheap as I already have the 1st one..

Thanks for the pic.

This is supposed to represent Anakin when he first acquires his sith armor so it being thin and a little clumsy looking fits the profile in my opinion. May get this :)

As a Vader 1/1 scale "enthusiast" :lol I have looked at this sole picture and found that the arms and legs are definite reuse. The mask is reuse also, does not have the right ROTS shaping to it. The ROTS Vader helmet had a distinct and different look than any other of the film helmets. The dome is looks new, as is the belt, chest box and chest/shoulder armor. Mafex did make accurate changes to the figure to get the ROTS look. I would need to see the helmet at some different angles to tell if they got the dome right.

Star-Wars-Revenge-Of-The-Sith-Darth-Vader-helmet-4.jpg
vdvaderhead22of.jpg

Back