Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For you Akira fans. Here's a poster i did up last year :)

https://eddieholly.deviantart.com/art/Kaneda-Akira-605878954
kanedaakira_by_eddieholly-da0q36y.jpg

This is stunning!! ❤️❤️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

C4YKcLcVYAArXML.jpg

Don't get your hopes up....he doesn't sell his stuff. For his own enjoyment only.

Here's a work in progress of Tetsuo as drawn by Moebius. This guy's sculpting skills are insane...it's so exact to the drawing.

tets.jpg

And anyone recognize this guy?

canon.jpg

Thats a very nice cel Home Theatre Geek. The Dougas are pretty cool as well, especially the one of Kaneda. There have been a few interesting pieces on eBay as of late, if you're interested in adding to your collection. A very nice oversize one of Tetsuo in a hospital gown enveloped in smoke just got snapped up. There's also a guy on rubberslug that seems to be selling a lot of very nice pieces at the moment.

You can see more of my collection at subject-28.tumblr.com

Subject 28.

GOOD GOD MAN.

That is the most amazing collection I've ever seen!! Are you a millionaire or something?? How the hell did you get all those amazing pieces?

I don't own any original AKIRA art. As a child I dreamed of one day owning a Kaneda and bike cel. But that's for Bill Gates level guys. I have accepted the fact that I'll probably never even SEE one, let alone own one.

But someday I hope to own SOMETHING. A real douga, a cel....I don't care if it's just a crappy background character or something...just to own an original piece of the most amazing animated film of all time would be a thrill.

And you have more than "a piece"...you have an insane collection!! Thank you so much for sharing the pics!!

Hey fellow Otomo fans!

First of all, check out this new Toyota commercial directed by Otomo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YelRmax0DoE

Second of all, remember the ridiculously expensive Tribute to Otomo art catalog from France last year?

Kodansha just published the English version. It's actually much better cause not only is it a hell of a lot cheaper, it's a hardcover now and includes almost double the art! Of course, only the cover is by Otomo. The original was all French guys and all that is still included, but now there's a bunch of Japanese artists too, like Masashi Kishimoto, the artist of Naruto.

Here is his take on AKIRA:

IMG_0098.jpg

And here's another one by.....uh....some Japanese artist. I forget who. But it's a good pic:

IMG_0100.jpg

And here's the English version next to the limited original French version:

IMG_0104.jpg

Go pick it up off Amazon today!

Hey fellow Otomo fans!

First of all, check out this new Toyota commercial directed by Otomo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YelRmax0DoE

Second of all, remember the ridiculously expensive Tribute to Otomo art catalog from France last year?

Kodansha just published the English version. It's actually much better cause not only is it a hell of a lot cheaper, it's a hardcover now and includes almost double the art! Of course, only the cover is by Otomo. The original was all French guys and all that is still included, but now there's a bunch of Japanese artists too, like Masashi Kishimoto, the artist of Naruto.

Here is his take on AKIRA:

View attachment 332835

And here's another one by.....uh....some Japanese artist. I forget who. But it's a good pic:

View attachment 332836

And here's the English version next to the limited original French version:

View attachment 332837

Go pick it up off Amazon today!

i read the Japanese version. well, it's not really Otomo artbook but tribute by many artists. interesting to read, but not my taste, some of those art style.

Yes, Tetsuo's ankles are fragile like glass!

What about Kaneda? You don't want the official version?

Testuo will stay in the coffin for awhile...Thanks for the heads up on the ankle joints...

As for the official Kaneda; $150.00 will beat any price out there... I'll wait it out; but a $50.00 for the non-official version, the bike seats not empty...

It's also made pretty well...

I still want a pair of custom goggles to hang around the neck of mine.

I was looking for WWII era motorcycle goggles cause those seem closest, but haven't found anything quite right.

If someone were ambitious (crazy) enough to carve one off of the alternate head and cast it, I'd love that option, but I doubt anyone would do that to an expensive figure.

Back